F 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2020, 10:45 AM   #361
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
We should be applauding the fact that RR has the autonomy to make the moves that he’s making. No more forcing assistants on the HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree in principal, and I would also echo a point you made earlier with regards to the Skins jobs in general. Scott Turner coming here after how Norv was treated reinforces rhe hope that DS and RR really did have a strong understanding of past actions, and gave Norv and Scott comfort that RR is in charge.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-08-2020, 10:52 AM   #362
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
We should be applauding the fact that RR has the autonomy to make the moves that he’s making. No more forcing assistants on the HC.

Right...see the Dallas Cowboys where the report was at first McCarthy was being allowed to chose his Coaching staff.

This morning the headline is the FO is pushing McCarthy to keep Kellen Moore.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #363
skinsfan69
Living Legend

McCarthy's the perfect coach in a small market like Green Bay. But the Cowboys are a different animal. He's in way over his head. I give it two years.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:05 AM   #364
MTK
\m/

GB also has a strong front office that calls all the shots, so he’s used to that dynamic.

I’m not a big McCarthy fan but he should be an improvement over the clapper.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:12 AM   #365
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Anybody worried about Haskins growth stunted because of KOC leaving shouldn’t be concerned. Haskins was so limited in a system that basics were embedded, not an extensive offense.

He Gets Us
Old 01-08-2020, 11:13 AM   #366
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I agree in principal, and I would also echo a point you made earlier with regards to the Skins jobs in general. Scott Turner coming here after how Norv was treated reinforces rhe hope that DS and RR really did have a strong understanding of past actions, and gave Norv and Scott comfort that RR is in charge.

That's what I was thinking when I saw the news. Hopefully, this will translate into bringing the Redskins franchise back to the glory spotlight soon eventually.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:18 AM   #367
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Anybody worried about Haskins growth stunted because of Turner shouldn’t be concerned. Haskins was so limited in a system that basics were embedded, not an extensive offense.
Lol, well done, I love dry humor.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:24 AM   #368
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Lol, well done, I love dry humor.
shit...sorry working and thinking Redskins football...cant do 2 at sametime. Meant to say KOC leaving

He Gets Us
Old 01-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #369
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Anybody worried about Haskins growth stunted because of KOC leaving shouldn’t be concerned. Haskins was so limited in a system that basics were embedded, not an extensive offense.
I agree, however there is no guarantee that RR sees/wants Haskins as his week 1 starter. He could totally pull a Gibbs 2.0 and bring in a veteran that he and Turner are more comfortable with. Then there's the faint possibility I guess of Alex Smith? I just hope they do not trade for Cam Newton.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:29 PM   #370
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
I agree, however there is no guarantee that RR sees/wants Haskins as his week 1 starter. He could totally pull a Gibbs 2.0 and bring in a veteran that he and Turner are more comfortable with. Then there's the faint possibility I guess of Alex Smith? I just hope they do not trade for Cam Newton.
Def no Cam and no Alex. I think Dan and Ron in getting together to come to skins both have some sorta vision like Haskins will be given the chance to be QB of future.

Scott Turner...if they employ his dad's Air Coryell system in the pass game, Haskins a big QB with a big Arm really fits the mold. You got to push the ball down the field in the 9-8 routes... Haskins kinda reminds me of a Cam, Rivers type thrower.

I think the system fits.

He Gets Us
Old 01-08-2020, 03:55 PM   #371
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Yesterday Haskins tweeted "Lets get to work #HTTR"

Turner followed today with "Its good to be home. Time to get to work #HTTR"

Thats called mirroring and it is a small thing but using the same language is a simple way of building bridges and relationships.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:03 PM   #372
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Def no Cam and no Alex. I think Dan and Ron in getting together to come to skins both have some sorta vision like Haskins will be given the chance to be QB of future.

Scott Turner...if they employ his dad's Air Coryell system in the pass game, Haskins a big QB with a big Arm really fits the mold. You got to push the ball down the field in the 9-8 routes... Haskins kinda reminds me of a Cam, Rivers type thrower.

I think the system fits.
Let's all hope you are right! In a perfect world, Alex is the backup and mentor for Haskins...with a reworked contract.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:11 PM   #373
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Didn't know where to put this, but a quick vent about ESPN's Jason Reid.

John Keim recently had Reid on his podcast to discuss the Rivera hiring.

At the beginning of the interview, Keim gave Reid the opportunity to explain himself to Redskins fan about the perception that he doesn't like the team and that his reporting is biased. Reid proceeded to say that he's only reporting the truth about the team and he doesn't mean to be biased and whatnot.

Then towards the end of the conversation, Reid goes on to basically nitpick everything about Haskins (i.e. his whole body language on the sideline when he was not playing, the whole scene during the Jets game when he's pleading to the o-line, and him not being present for Rivera's presser). As I hear, I'm thinking to myself: mf'er, this is why Redskins fans don't like your work!
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #374
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

Then towards the end of the conversation, Reid goes on to basically nitpick everything about Haskins (i.e. his whole body language on the sideline when he was not playing, the whole scene during the Jets game when he's pleading to the o-line, and him not being present for Rivera's presser). As I hear, I'm thinking to myself: mf'er, this is why Redskins fans don't like your work!
Everything Reid said was 100% accurate, though. Reid is expressing valid concerns. Yes, Haskins showed improvement later in the year once he FINALLY started to put in the work off the field. Yes, Bruce is gone. Yes, Rivera appears to be a GREAT hire.

But that doesn't mean we should forget all warning flags that are still there with Haskins. He is a HUGE question mark for our franchise. He has all the physical skills and football intelligence you could ever want. But he needs to take a GIANT leap forward in maturity and work ethic this offseason.

I'm thankful for reporters like Reid who are more "emotionally detached" from the franchise. It's not bias. Its objectivity.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:17 PM   #375
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Everything Reid said was 100% accurate, though. Reid is expressing valid concerns. Yes, Haskins showed improvement later in the year once he FINALLY started to put in the work off the field. Yes, Bruce is gone. Yes, Rivera appears to be a GREAT hire.

But that doesn't mean we should forget all warning flags that are still there with Haskins. He is a HUGE question mark for our franchise. He has all the physical skills and football intelligence you could ever want. But he needs to take a GIANT leap forward in maturity and work ethic this offseason.

I'm thankful for reporters like Reid who are more "emotionally detached" from the franchise. It's not bias. Its objectivity.
He was nit picking, even he said it himself.

John Keim is the reported that you are describing. He's unbiased and pretty much everything he reports is true. There are are also plenty of unbiased reporters that follow the team.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote