Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 04-04-2020, 10:02 AM   #361
MTK
\m/

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
What I want to know is why haven't all the measures taken against the virus slowed it down?

It doesn’t happen overnight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 04-05-2020, 09:27 AM   #362
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Some Common sense Info...................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pathologi...231900328.html

Syra Madad, the senior director of the NYC Health + Hospitals System-wide Special Pathogens Program, and Stephen Morse, a professor of epidemiology at Columbia University, debunked 13 of the most common myths about the coronavirus. They explained how packages from China won't make you sick and that getting COVID-19 is not a death sentence. They also debunked the idea that it affects only older people — anyone can get the coronavirus.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #363
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
What I want to know is why haven't all the measures taken against the virus slowed it down?
If you break the data down by county you’ll see the rate of spread has been slower in more educated counties where residents have more resources. In the poor urban areas it’s spreading much faster, people there are not heeding warnings and abiding stay at home orders. When I drive through North Philly people are out like a normal day. When you can’t afford to stock up you can’t afford to stay home for a full week, if you even know what’s going on.

But in areas where people are abiding social distancing, it’s working better. We’ll see two Americas present themselves with starkly different death rates in urban areas vs non urban.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:51 PM   #364
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Why are they testing a Bronx Zoo tiger?!??!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:17 PM   #365
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Church’s still holding regular worship services need to quit this shit. Stream it...hell my parents stayed in their cars, parked in a field next to the church for services and everyone drove out.

We are better than making a foolish statement like this, it’s dangerous

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:23 AM   #366
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Church’s still holding regular worship services need to quit this shit. Stream it...hell my parents stayed in their cars, parked in a field next to the church for services and everyone drove out.

Lock em up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2020, 10:07 AM   #367
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Wasn't it the governor of Florida who declared churches an essential business? I can see keeping them open for food drives and other charitable causes, but holding services is crazy. They are closer together than people in theaters or stadiums, as there aren't even arm rests separating them.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #368
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Well my local Lowes is still packing the store every weekend. Drove by yesterday and it was even more packed then prior weekends. I guess with Home Depot limiting the number of people in their stores people are just going to Lowes. The entire parking lot was full yesterday. If you remember I mentioned this several weekends back and its even worse now.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:11 AM   #369
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I noticed over the weekend when I took a trip to the dump and bank which is about a 40 mile loop on back country roads for me I noticed quite a few homes that had 5+ cars at them that would normally have 2-3. Seemed like larger home gatherings are on the upswing.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:14 AM   #370
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
Well my local Lowes is still packing the store every weekend. Drove by yesterday and it was even more packed then prior weekends. I guess with Home Depot limiting the number of people in their stores people are just going to Lowes. The entire parking lot was full yesterday. If you remember I mentioned this several weekends back and its even worse now.
If someone hasn't listed a location, please let us know where you are it. It does seem different areas are reacting differently.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #371
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
ha...so funny cause I was complaining about the same thing Saturday morning cause I couldn't get in the parking lot. Spring man, people getting outside while quarantined is just gonna happen. I went back Saturday evening and got 10 bags of mulch. Actually need to go back, broke out the weed eater and spun it for 30 seconds before my spool ran out...like wtf.

He Gets Us
Old 04-06-2020, 10:31 AM   #372
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
ha...so funny cause I was complaining about the same thing Saturday morning cause I couldn't get in the parking lot. Spring man, people getting outside while quarantined is just gonna happen. I went back Saturday evening and got 10 bags of mulch. Actually need to go back, broke out the weed eater and spun it for 30 seconds before my spool ran out...like wtf.
I would just change the head to one that takes those thick plastic blades, screw that damn weed wacker line.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:53 AM   #373
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I would just change the head to one that takes those thick plastic blades, screw that damn weed wacker line.
U know I’m a traditionalist when I wack...I just like the sound of the string

He Gets Us
Old 04-06-2020, 11:32 AM   #374
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Quote:
U know I’m a traditionalist when I wack...I just like the sound of the string
I live on 10 wooded acres with probably one acre of that cleared around the house of underbrush and the trees thinned out. I never liked messing with weed wacker line and I use the thing on stuff thicker than typical weeds.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #375
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
If someone hasn't listed a location, please let us know where you are it. It does seem different areas are reacting differently.
I'm in Chesapeake Va. My sister in Va Beach said she saw the same thing in Va Beach. Chico23231, also said he saw the same thing. Last week I did a package pick up so I didn't have to go into the store. I looked in and people were packed in at the return desk and customer service desk. I told the girl who brought me my item to take care of herself because it doesn't look like Lowes gives a crap about them. She told me she would quit if she could.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote