The Good News Thread

Parking Lot

Old 01-20-2018, 01:01 PM   #361
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: The Good News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Congratulations! A couple of questions first,what time are you getting up and how long of a commute to work do you have and do you car pool?
Thanks G1! Right now I work 2-1030pm and for the last month I've been going to bed around 4 am and getting up at 11. I'm guessing I'll probably start getting up at 3:30am so I can leave around 4:30 because my new position is a floater (aka I'm not assigned to any one facility) and I'll be working out of all 4 facilities both on the east and west side of the county. My current shop is about 8 miles from my house. There are 2 shops on the west side about 20 miles from me, and 2 shops on the east side about 8 miles from me. So the commute isn't ideal, but as I go up the seniority list eventually I'll be able to pick a shop to stay at.

Advertisements
Old 01-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #362
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
So I got promoted, I'm now a P2 which is basically a counterman with additional responsibilities. Small raise which is always nice. Big thing is I have to switch to day shift from 530am to 2, which will be an adjustment at first, but I'll do it. I'm thinking about good wake-me-up meals because I don't drink coffee or soda. If anybody has suggestions I'm all ears, my current breakfast typically consists of a cup of a yogurt at 10 or 11 am lol.
Awesome brother! Good for you.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:07 PM   #363
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Thanks G1! Right now I work 2-1030pm and for the last month I've been going to bed around 4 am and getting up at 11. I'm guessing I'll probably start getting up at 3:30am so I can leave around 4:30 because my new position is a floater (aka I'm not assigned to any one facility) and I'll be working out of all 4 facilities both on the east and west side of the county. My current shop is about 8 miles from my house. There are 2 shops on the west side about 20 miles from me, and 2 shops on the east side about 8 miles from me. So the commute isn't ideal, but as I go up the seniority list eventually I'll be able to pick a shop to stay at.
Ok , over all the commute doesn't sound half bad and you should be early enough to avoid problems.I asked becuase when it was me I worked from 4:am to 12:noon and I was up at 2 shower and out by 2:30 am for a 49 miles drive from Waldorf to Jessuip MD(50 mins at that time). I would grab an English muffin or Toaster strudels some fruit and water that was my breakfast I'm not much for coffee or hot tea,maybe a hot chocolate from DD once in a while. Coming home the drive was an hour and twenty mins without traffic. I would go to bed at 7:pm.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:35 PM   #364
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Awesome brother! Good for you.
Thanks Chico!
Old 01-21-2018, 12:40 PM   #365
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Ok , over all the commute doesn't sound half bad and you should be early enough to avoid problems.I asked becuase when it was me I worked from 4:am to 12:noon and I was up at 2 shower and out by 2:30 am for a 49 miles drive from Waldorf to Jessuip MD(50 mins at that time). I would grab an English muffin or Toaster strudels some fruit and water that was my breakfast I'm not much for coffee or hot tea,maybe a hot chocolate from DD once in a while. Coming home the drive was an hour and twenty mins without traffic. I would go to bed at 7:pm.

:c ussing:

That's all I got to say about that. Thanks for the tips though lol. I agree about the traffic, at least it won't be that bad.

S/N Matty, who changed the limit to 10 emojis? BSB would be hurt.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:59 AM   #366
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
So I got promoted, I'm now a P2 which is basically a counterman with additional responsibilities. Small raise which is always nice. Big thing is I have to switch to day shift from 530am to 2, which will be an adjustment at first, but I'll do it. I'm thinking about good wake-me-up meals because I don't drink coffee or soda. If anybody has suggestions I'm all ears, my current breakfast typically consists of a cup of a yogurt at 10 or 11 am lol.

They say drinking a bottle of water first thing is the greatest thing u can fo for ur body in the morning. Also a b-12 supplement. They make the spray for under your tounge. Maybe a banana and a peace of ezekiel bread and bingo you will be energized, and sail clean through your morning plus it is about as healthy as it gets. And vegan. ✌️
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:27 AM   #367
DidierAubin87
Camp Scrub

I guess so, haha. 2017 was a good year and I hope 2018 will be better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

“Why 2017 Was the Best Year in Human History”

Really good article here. While majority of the media constantly focuses on a negative shit and even bullshit these days, progress goes unnoticed it seems.
DidierAubin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:17 PM   #368
DidierAubin87
Camp Scrub

I got a good news. Because my performance in last month was good so that I can take 2 off day with full salary \m/
DidierAubin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:48 PM   #369
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidierAubin87 View Post
I got a good news. Because my performance in last month was good so that I can take 2 off day with full salary \m/
Awesome!

Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #370
metalskins
The Starter

I'm going to say this is good news, at least I think it is. My wife and I have decided it's time for us to move. We have lived behind her parents (the street over, through the woods) for 5 years, and just recently, my wife and her mom have kind of been at it with each other. It's all over our son. Her mom is kind of opinionated when it comes to raising children. Anyway, we decided it's best to put our house up on the market and find another place to live.

Now, ever since we've gotten married, we've been snowed under with debt, whether if it was car loans, house stuff, medical expenses, student loans, etc....we've owed for it all. Last year, we took out a second mortgage to kind of "pay off" a lot of debt (in reality, just consolidating to have one easier monthly payment to deal with.) Certainly when you sell your home, your second mortgage comes due. That being said, we've built up enough equity in our house where we pay off all of our existing debt and still have a few thousand left over to help fund a college fund for our son, an emergency fund, as well as have money left over to put toward another home.

That being said, we're going to be able to find another home (about equal to the value of our existing home) with a clean slate and a much better financial standing! I can't wait for a change of scenery, but I also can't wait to be in a position where the only thing we owe is a mortgage. I can deal with that!
Old 02-16-2018, 04:09 PM   #371
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
I'm going to say this is good news, at least I think it is. My wife and I have decided it's time for us to move. We have lived behind her parents (the street over, through the woods) for 5 years, and just recently, my wife and her mom have kind of been at it with each other. It's all over our son. Her mom is kind of opinionated when it comes to raising children. Anyway, we decided it's best to put our house up on the market and find another place to live.

Now, ever since we've gotten married, we've been snowed under with debt, whether if it was car loans, house stuff, medical expenses, student loans, etc....we've owed for it all. Last year, we took out a second mortgage to kind of "pay off" a lot of debt (in reality, just consolidating to have one easier monthly payment to deal with.) Certainly when you sell your home, your second mortgage comes due. That being said, we've built up enough equity in our house where we pay off all of our existing debt and still have a few thousand left over to help fund a college fund for our son, an emergency fund, as well as have money left over to put toward another home.

That being said, we're going to be able to find another home (about equal to the value of our existing home) with a clean slate and a much better financial standing! I can't wait for a change of scenery, but I also can't wait to be in a position where the only thing we owe is a mortgage. I can deal with that!
That is truly great. Debt can feel like such a cage. You're a good example of why owning your home is something everyone should try to find a way to afford. The appreciation on that asset can be a financial cushion to fall back on and you just illustrated why.

You got out of the cage because of your foresight to buy a house. You didn't just luck into it. Good on ya, you earned it.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:20 PM   #372
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
That is truly great. Debt can feel like such a cage. You're a good example of why owning your home is something everyone should try to find a way to afford. The appreciation on that asset can be a financial cushion to fall back on and you just illustrated why.

You got out of the cage because of your foresight to buy a house. You didn't just luck into it. Good on ya, you earned it.

Thank you Schneed! We still have to actually sell our home, but luckily, we live in a very sought after area in NC where people are busting a gut to want to move to. So, I think we can probably sell our home pretty fast. There's not much to do to our house to get it ready to sell. Just spruce up the curb appeal a bit, throw on a coat or two of paint, and we're pretty much ready to put it on the market. I think we can have it sold by summer.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:24 PM   #373
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Thank you Schneed! We still have to actually sell our home, but luckily, we live in a very sought after area in NC where people are busting a gut to want to move to. So, I think we can probably sell our home pretty fast. There's not much to do to our house to get it ready to sell. Just spruce up the curb appeal a bit, throw on a coat or two of paint, and we're pretty much ready to put it on the market. I think we can have it sold by summer.
Schneed 10 is right! Congratulations!!!
Old 02-16-2018, 10:22 PM   #374
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Schneed 10 is right! Congratulations!!!
Thanks Giantone. My wife and I are busily looking at houses and I think it's exciting. I can't wait to have a change of pace. I'm just thinking of all the things we've put on hold because we've been snowed under in doubt. But, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! I definitely will tell anybody if they're on the fence about buying a house, go ahead and buy. Over time, it's like a savings account! Best investment ever.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:08 PM   #375
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I got a surprise refund and almost threw it away (thought it was a bill from my mortgage company ) and used it to get 2 tickets to Hamilton at the Kennedy Center for my daughter and me. We both are big fans, and found 2 "reasonably" priced tickets for Row A in the 2nd tier center.

I'm pretty excited and but even more so really looking forward to her reaction when I tell her on her 18th birthday.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote