Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins vs. Jaguars Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-28-2008, 10:26 PM   #346
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Redskins vs. Jaguars Thread

Next Thurs Zorn had better realize that we are not a passing team. I hate to say this but we just need to try and run the ball and pass here and there. Devin Thomas looks lost out there and Kelly can't seem to get on the field. Not sure about Davis. I also noticed that Montgomery and Goldston looked like shit when they were in there.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-28-2008, 10:45 PM   #347
Lady Brave
The Starter

I didn't get to watch this one. Seems like I didn't miss much.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #348
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
We're probably somewhere in between awesome and awful. I think the Jets game is a good indicator of the type of team we will be. We won't dominate anyone, but we'll hang tight in most games.
I agree, but I'm a little nervous. I don't have a lot of faith in either unit. Our offense has question marks along the oline, at QB, and WR. The starters on offense struggled against the Jets, Panthers and Jags. More troubling, however, is that our defense appears soft. Don't get me wrong, I think we'll be respectable, but I think things are going to get worse before they get better.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #349
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by squrrelco3 View Post
I firgure we're due for an 8-8 or 9-7 season with on the job training for Campbell, I just hope we draft the hell out of some linemen next year especially on the offensive side of the ball...

How much on the job training does a guy need? I know it is a new scheme, but damn, JC needs to get some consistency going with his play, or we will be cooked this season. If his(JC's) fortunes don't change soon this is going to be Brennan's show in 2009 or 2010.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:09 PM   #350
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I agree, but I'm a little nervous. I don't have a lot of faith in either unit. Our offense has question marks along the oline, at QB, and WR. The starters on offense struggled against the Jets, Panthers and Jags. More troubling, however, is that our defense appears soft. Don't get me wrong, I think we'll be respectable, but I think things are going to get worse before they get better.
If Marcus, Rocky, and Carlos all stay healthy, with Taylor and Carter going after the QB and Laron back there, I think we'll be ok defensively. I really do. But a lot of our starters seem fragile and our depth is lacking. That's my biggest worry on either side of the ball. Second would be the O-line, particularly the right side...

The first 5 games are so tough- 3 division road games and Arizona and New Orleans. I personally think NO will play Dallas in the NFC Championship game. Arizona, Dallas, and NO all have great offenses, and playing in Philly and New York will be so tough. I hope folks around here aren't devastated if we start 1-4 with our only win against Arizona. It's very possible.

Last edited by GMScud; 08-28-2008 at 11:14 PM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:09 PM   #351
vallin21
The Starter

I have always said this season falls on JC. If his doesn't produce early or show promise he'll be riding the bench in 09 to whoever is the starter.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #352
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Har har.

See, I want our late round rookies to play like Pro Bowl veterans. That's not asking too much is it?
good stuff beemnseven. Glad u saw I was just havin alil fun. If I could give u rep points ud get em.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:16 PM   #353
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I was watching the DNC all night.. So I missed the game.

...What was the score?

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:17 PM   #354
GMScud
Swearinger

Wow, actually, in looking at our schedule, I'd say only the Ravens and the Niners are the only teams without legitimate playoff potential.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:17 PM   #355
GusFrerotte

[quote=vallin21;469021]I have always said this season falls on JC. If his doesn't produce early or show promise he'll be riding the bench in 09 to whoever is the starter.[/quote

His play will be everything if this team is going to return to the playoffs. In the beginning of preseason all 3 QB's looked good, but now Collins and Brennan look like they should be the ones competing for the starting job.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:19 PM   #356
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
If Marcus, Rocky, and Carlos all stay healthy, with Taylor and Carter going after the QB and Laron back there, I think we'll be ok defensively. I really do. But a lot of our starters seem fragile and our depth is lacking. That's my biggest worry on either side of the ball. Second would be the O-line, particularly the right side...

The first 5 games are so tough- 3 division road games and Arizona and New Orleans. I personally think NO will play Dallas in the NFC Championship game. Arizona, Dallas, and NO all have great offenses, and playing in Philly and New York will be so tough. I hope folks around here aren't devastated if we start 1-4 with our only win against Arizona. It's very possible.
Yep, I think 1-4 to start is very likely. My best guess is that our offense will continue to be ineffective for several games and in the meantime the defense will get very worn. If Zorn can help JC and the passing game get their shit together we could see a rebound in the 2nd half of the season, but it will still require a heroic effort from the defense to give us a chance.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:21 PM   #357
GusFrerotte

Quote:

Unfortunately, I agree with you. 2-2 might be the best we can hope for. We are not playing good football as of late. Sure it is preseason, but our dumb mistakes and lack of execution the past few games doesn't bode well for the real deal next week.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #358
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Wow, actually, in looking at our schedule, I'd say only the Ravens and the Niners are the only teams without legitimate playoff potential.

I just hope we can knock off Dallas and split with our other intradivisional rivals as well. Would hate to get smoked by all 3. I could swallow 7-9 to 9-7 as long as we at least beat our rivals at least once.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:36 PM   #359
doughtydoubter
Impact Rookie

Dude..we better not have another spurrier year..im drunk...morbidly depressed tonight...and if we dont have a good skins season i think it will puh me over the god damn brink....ill be done
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:43 PM   #360
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Probably rehashing old material from this thread but what surprises me most is how the starting offense doesn't look crisp. I didn't expect huge production because of the transition to WCO etc but definitely expected a crispness we lacked under Gibbs: way fewer penalties; short to medium routes that had guys open enough to consistently chip away yards; play-calling that seemed to keep the defense on its heals instead of getting to the ball so quickly.