Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Sam Howell Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-06-2023, 01:47 AM   #346
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Sam absolutely positively needs to be more decisive but i still 100 percent see enough that I feel good about the quarterback position. Happy with the quarterback position. Snyder sold the team. We are close.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-06-2023, 08:15 AM   #347
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Sam absolutely positively needs to be more decisive but i still 100 percent see enough that I feel good about the quarterback position. Happy with the quarterback position. Snyder sold the team. We are close... fire the fuck outta Ron Rivera.
Fixed it for you.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:17 AM   #348
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sam is not perfect but he's also young... He's literally played 6 games total. He is on pace for over 4000 yards passing and 25 TDs.. That's pretty damn good
Old 10-06-2023, 08:37 AM   #349
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I like Sam. To take the beating he has taken (some of it self-inflicted), and still keep the offense competitive has been somewhat impressive for such a young QB. He's gonna get hurt eventually though.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 08:39 AM   #350
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Some of the throws he makes are BIG TIME.. But then some are off, he's kinda like a Baker Mayfield TBH.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:50 AM   #351
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

PFF Commanders
@PFF_Washington
·
5m
Washington called 55 consecutive pass plays without a run from early in the second quarter until the end of the game, the longest passing streak in the PFF era 😳

🧪
Old 10-06-2023, 08:55 AM   #352
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Yeah, I'm not sold on EB at all. Is he better than S Turner, yeah...but Charlie Brown would have been better that S Turner. All this talk about him replacing Ron...first things first...show me you can build an offense, develop a young QB, and come up with an effective game plan on a consistent basis - then we'll talk.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:24 AM   #353
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think EB has been good, he is very pass happy though which is not a surprise to any if you watched KC over the years
Old 10-06-2023, 09:34 AM   #354
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
PFF Commanders
@PFF_Washington
·
5m
Washington called 55 consecutive pass plays without a run from early in the second quarter until the end of the game, the longest passing streak in the PFF era

This would normally be a recipe for disaster but it aint even what lost us the game. Another slow start. A bad fumble. Bad missed fg. And the most disgusting overrated defense in the world. Those things cost us the game.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:34 AM   #355
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
PFF Commanders
@PFF_Washington
·
5m
Washington called 55 consecutive pass plays without a run from early in the second quarter until the end of the game, the longest passing streak in the PFF era 😳

🧪
And people want this guy as our HC. I don't understand this. He is obsessed w/ shotgun pass plays w/ deep drops, shitty play action that fools absolutely no one. Your QB is getting sacked 5-6 times a game. You can't run this kind of offense. Stop.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:35 AM   #356
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
This would normally be a recipe for disaster but it aint even what lost us the game. Another slow start. A bad fumble. Bad missed fg. And the most disgusting overrated defense in the world. Those things cost us the game.
They scored a total of 3 points in the first half and gained 80 yards. They were almost as bad as the defense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:49 AM   #357
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
And people want this guy as our HC. I don't understand this. He is obsessed w/ shotgun pass plays w/ deep drops, shitty play action that fools absolutely no one. Your QB is getting sacked 5-6 times a game. You can't run this kind of offense. Stop.
I think that Scott Turner was so bad last year that having a coach who makes the players work hard and makes adjustments mid game seems like some sort of revelation, so people are overrating EB quite a bit. Robinson got a grand total of 6 carries in last nights game, I know it is a passing league but the opposition still need to respect the threat of a run game to stop them pinning their ears back and teeing off on our OL. And don't get me started on running out of shotgun, only works if it comes as a surprise, not when you do it every time. So much for Rons assertion that we would be a run first team, that went by the wayside pretty quick, much like all of Rons plans.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:49 AM   #358
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Yeah, I'm not sold on EB at all. Is he better than S Turner, yeah...but Charlie Brown would have been better that S Turner. All this talk about him replacing Ron...first things first...show me you can build an offense, develop a young QB, and come up with an effective game plan on a consistent basis - then we'll talk.
I've been questioning Bieneimy since Week 1, and my stance hasn't changed. Would EB be better than Rivera? I think a mannequin might be better than Rivera at this juncture, so that's not saying much.

Bieneimy has a long way to go before I'm impressed. He's infatuated with the pistol formation and the empty backfield.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 10:13 AM   #359
nonniey
The Starter

EB doesn't bother me too much when looking at all the games, overall, the offense is probably over performing given how horrendous the OL is (complete lack of talent there which I primarily blame Ron for). Additionally, it is refreshing to see in game adjustments again after so many years.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 10:58 AM   #360
jamf
Pro Bowl

Lot of excuses for Howell. Kid can read defenses and can’t anticipate open receivers.
He’s shittier than fields.
Garbage time stat man.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote