The Bad News Thread

Parking Lot

Old 01-29-2018, 05:57 PM   #346
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Hey guys, Punch & Schneed, thanks for your comments! My wife does have a history of fybroids, and I wouldn't doubt that this is what the CAT Scan found. She had 5 fybroids that were removed shortly after she gave birth to our son a few years ago. So knowing this, I bet this is what is going on with her. At least, I hope so! It definitely gives you an uneasy feeling, though.
As the saying goes, prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. I'm hoping it's something minor for your wife dude. Stay strong.

Advertisements
Old 01-30-2018, 08:24 AM   #347
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
As the saying goes, prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. I'm hoping it's something minor for your wife dude. Stay strong.
Thanks Mooby! She has her mammogram scheduled for Thursday. Don't know if she gets results then or if she has to wait. My wife has just about worried herself sick.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #348
metalskins
The Starter

This probably belongs in the good news thread, but since we were talking about this in this thread, I just wanted to say that everything turned out great for my wife. She doesn't have breast Cancer and turned out to be absolutely nothing wrong with her. I'm relieved! Now, I'm pissed that we'll have some medical bills coming our way, lol!
Old 02-05-2018, 03:29 PM   #349
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
This probably belongs in the good news thread, but since we were talking about this in this thread, I just wanted to say that everything turned out great for my wife. She doesn't have breast Cancer and turned out to be absolutely nothing wrong with her. I'm relieved! Now, I'm pissed that we'll have some medical bills coming our way, lol!
Great News!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:53 PM   #350
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Congratulations!!! Great news, as for the bills they are a necessary evil of life. Just pay what you can.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:00 AM   #351
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...plaint-n936511

Homeless man and N.J. couple concocted story for GoFundMe fundraiser

As a society who regularly believes fake news, who jumps to conclusions based on a single photo, etc...this is rich. I blame any fool who gives to this crap.

The media gets a big assist for spreading the scam...as apparently the public doesn't care if they research this stuff. CNN which rentlessly ran the story front page...its nowhere to be found on their front page.

Anyone who gave should get their money back...they don't deserve it. A lot of these go fund me are based on lies and greed. Go fund me should face some sort of charges in this as well.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #352
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...plaint-n936511

Homeless man and N.J. couple concocted story for GoFundMe fundraiser

As a society who regularly believes fake news, who jumps to conclusions based on a single photo, etc...this is rich. I blame any fool who gives to this crap.

The media gets a big assist for spreading the scam...as apparently the public doesn't care if they research this stuff. CNN which rentlessly ran the story front page...its nowhere to be found on their front page.

Anyone who gave should get their money back...they don't deserve it. A lot of these go fund me are based on lies and greed. Go fund me should face some sort of charges in this as well.
What does FOX have to say about it?
Old 11-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #353
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
What does FOX have to say about it?
CNN ran something about an hour ago.

But its funny G1, the felony domestic assaulter -Michael Avenatti-story...small, little 200 word article today to the side on CNN.com.

But if you google Avenatti CNN and August, September, etc...you see multiple, massive articles about the guy. CNN gave this guy a huge platform, along with MSNBC, CNN...but somehow they bury this story.

Funny how that proven media bias works.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:19 PM   #354
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

But its funny G1, the felony domestic assaulter -Michael Avenatti-story...small, little 200 word article today to the side on CNN.com.

But if you google Avenatti CNN and August, September, etc...you see multiple, massive articles about the guy. CNN gave this guy a huge platform, along with MSNBC, CNN...but somehow they bury this story.

Your bias is showing............

https://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-av...ry?id=59202264
Old 11-17-2018, 08:06 AM   #355
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Funny how in your world innocent until proven guilty only applies to people who dont suck off the orange guy.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:26 AM   #356
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ive never known anyone to commit suicide up until yesterday afternoon. Very brutal feeling of just unanswered questions...he was a close friend of my brother in law...who come to the pool parties, the kids b-day parties, we come out and grab a drink with friends, etc.

If you know someone who needs help don't be afraid to take that step, could save a life
Old 11-26-2018, 08:44 AM   #357
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Ive never known anyone to commit suicide up until yesterday afternoon. Very brutal feeling of just unanswered questions...he was a close friend of my brother in law...who come to the pool parties, the kids b-day parties, we come out and grab a drink with friends, etc.

If you know someone who needs help don't be afraid to take that step, could save a life
Sorry for your loss Chico . I have known three people that committed suicide over my time and it's hard for everyone.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:47 AM   #358
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Sorry to hear this man. I have lost more than one friend to their own hand, sometimes you see signs and sometimes it is a real shocker. You are absolutely right though. Do whatever you can to help them.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:43 PM   #359
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Its been interesting to hear a lot of peoples perspective about the subject in general...most like me kinda asking why and what were the signs. I think his core group of friends feel a lot of guilt...and I think that's the wrong approach, looking for blame and trying to reason it...you will go crazy b4 you find an answer. Especially when he was close to family, financially doing ok...and generally a good dude, humble, no ego. Ive heard explanations of a lost sense of purpose, drinking/drugs, depressed, and the very Trump-like "weak minded" dropped by my dad of course. I think none of those can properly explain it...even though I think a lost sense of purpose is closest.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:24 PM   #360
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Sorry for your loss Chico . I have known three people that committed suicide over my time and it's hard for everyone.
My daughter, a senior in High School, has had 2 close friends commit suicide and my ex(her mom) also attempted it.

I can't fathom what she will go through.

Chico, I am sorry for your loss I hope your family and friends find a path of emotional healing. It's not easy to do.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote