Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Ukraine mega thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-25-2022, 06:28 PM   #346
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Hey there's about to be a war in Ukraine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think there are things that could have been done differently. Stopping Russian access to SWIFT earlier. Cyberattack their infrastructure. Talk to Saudi Arabia about flooding the petroleum market to cut into Russian profits and literally their most valuable export.
None of that would have matter to putin. He wants the entire Soviet Union back ,.....all of it. The Saudis won't do shit for America ,not one OPEC Country has gone back to pre pandemic production and that is on purpose. This is all about putin he doesn't care about the Russian people at all.

Let's not forget he gave refuge to an American traitor...

Edward Snowden

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2022, 06:30 PM   #347
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
this aint about trump ...

Read this list a good deal of this is about trump!

• ⁠Praised Putin constantly, called him a "strong leader", has peddled statements like "he's done a really great job outsmarting our country"

• ⁠Impeached for illegally withholding Ukraine military aid, already appropriated to them by Congress, unless they made up political dirt on Biden. Specifically Ukraine was asking for the Javelin anti-tank systems that are now helping them fend off Russian advancements.

• ⁠Trump dismissed and cast doubt about Russian hacking, particularly when the U.S determined that Russia hacked the DNC in 2016, while ironically enough, he encouraged Russian cyber attacks on national TV saying, "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,"

• ⁠When addressing Russian election interference and cyber attacks, Trump proclaimed "I don't see any reason why it would be Russia" after speaking directly with Putin, defending Russia and trusting Putin over our own intelligence agencies. Later he "corrected" himself, claiming that he meant to say "wouldn't" instead of would.

• ⁠Trump suggested the U.S. work directly with Russia on cybersecurity. Trump refused to punish or critique the SolarWinds hack.

• ⁠Almost directly after the 2016 election, Trump sought to weaken U.S. sanctions on Russia, while he was even open to lifting sanctions.

• ⁠Trump dismissed the notion that Putin was a "killer", downplaying the idea that Putin resorts to using violence and oppressive tactics to crush political opponents. He defended Putin, rationalizing his ruthless despotism in the process, declaring, "There are a lot of killers. Do you think our country is so innocent?"

• ⁠Trump shared highly classified U.S. intelligence with Russian officials in the Oval Office in 2017.

• ⁠Trump repeated Kremlin talking points related to the Russian annexation of Crimea, reiterating things like, "The people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were."

• ⁠Trump constantly attacked NATO, aligning himself with Putin. (quite relevant)

• ⁠Trump thanked Putin for expelling hundreds of U.S. diplomats as a retaliation for sanctions.

• ⁠Trump refused to make a statement about the 10th anniversary of the Russia-Georgia war. According to John Bolton, European leaders noticed Trump's silence and "became even more concerned about American resolve."

• ⁠According to congressional testimony, Trump declined to publicly condemn a Russian attack against Ukrainian military vessels in November 2018, even though the State Department prepared a statement for him

• ⁠Trump congratulated and gave legitimacy to Putin's re election win in 2018, a victory said to "lack genuine competition"

• ⁠Sergei Skripal, an ex Russian spy that defected to the UK, was poisoned. Sanctions were announced, Trump attempted to rescind them, while asserting that the U.S. was being "too tough on Putin"

• ⁠When congress passed new sanctions against Russia in 2017, Trump was very reluctant to signing the bill, and probably wouldn't have signed it if the bill didn't pass with veto-proof majorities in both houses

• ⁠In 2017 it was reported that Trump was considering returning spy bases to Russia.

• ⁠Trump praised and highlighted pro-Russian leaders in Europe. Far right European leaders with close ties to Putin. He even met a Kremlin ally at the Whitehouse.

• ⁠When Trump withdrew troops from Syria, it gave Russia and Putin an opportunity to control abandoned U.S. outposts and checkpoints.
Old 02-25-2022, 07:19 PM   #348
nonniey
The Starter

From ISW think tank. Looks like they are putting a report out daily.

RUSSIA-UKRAINE WARNING UPDATE: RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, FEBRUARY 25, 2022

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...bruary-25-2022
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 10:29 AM   #349
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Good for Poland
https://apple.news/ACP4wRzPdSiOsvbjg5BJ-nw
Old 02-26-2022, 10:32 AM   #350
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Read this list a good deal of this is about trump!

• ⁠Praised Putin constantly, called him a "strong leader", has peddled statements like "he's done a really great job outsmarting our country"

• ⁠Impeached for illegally withholding Ukraine military aid, already appropriated to them by Congress, unless they made up political dirt on Biden. Specifically Ukraine was asking for the Javelin anti-tank systems that are now helping them fend off Russian advancements.

• ⁠Trump dismissed and cast doubt about Russian hacking, particularly when the U.S determined that Russia hacked the DNC in 2016, while ironically enough, he encouraged Russian cyber attacks on national TV saying, "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,"

• ⁠When addressing Russian election interference and cyber attacks, Trump proclaimed "I don't see any reason why it would be Russia" after speaking directly with Putin, defending Russia and trusting Putin over our own intelligence agencies. Later he "corrected" himself, claiming that he meant to say "wouldn't" instead of would.

• ⁠Trump suggested the U.S. work directly with Russia on cybersecurity. Trump refused to punish or critique the SolarWinds hack.

• ⁠Almost directly after the 2016 election, Trump sought to weaken U.S. sanctions on Russia, while he was even open to lifting sanctions.

• ⁠Trump dismissed the notion that Putin was a "killer", downplaying the idea that Putin resorts to using violence and oppressive tactics to crush political opponents. He defended Putin, rationalizing his ruthless despotism in the process, declaring, "There are a lot of killers. Do you think our country is so innocent?"

• ⁠Trump shared highly classified U.S. intelligence with Russian officials in the Oval Office in 2017.

• ⁠Trump repeated Kremlin talking points related to the Russian annexation of Crimea, reiterating things like, "The people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were."

• ⁠Trump constantly attacked NATO, aligning himself with Putin. (quite relevant)

• ⁠Trump thanked Putin for expelling hundreds of U.S. diplomats as a retaliation for sanctions.

• ⁠Trump refused to make a statement about the 10th anniversary of the Russia-Georgia war. According to John Bolton, European leaders noticed Trump's silence and "became even more concerned about American resolve."

• ⁠According to congressional testimony, Trump declined to publicly condemn a Russian attack against Ukrainian military vessels in November 2018, even though the State Department prepared a statement for him

• ⁠Trump congratulated and gave legitimacy to Putin's re election win in 2018, a victory said to "lack genuine competition"

• ⁠Sergei Skripal, an ex Russian spy that defected to the UK, was poisoned. Sanctions were announced, Trump attempted to rescind them, while asserting that the U.S. was being "too tough on Putin"

• ⁠When congress passed new sanctions against Russia in 2017, Trump was very reluctant to signing the bill, and probably wouldn't have signed it if the bill didn't pass with veto-proof majorities in both houses

• ⁠In 2017 it was reported that Trump was considering returning spy bases to Russia.

• ⁠Trump praised and highlighted pro-Russian leaders in Europe. Far right European leaders with close ties to Putin. He even met a Kremlin ally at the Whitehouse.

• ⁠When Trump withdrew troops from Syria, it gave Russia and Putin an opportunity to control abandoned U.S. outposts and checkpoints.

Coincidence
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 10:47 AM   #351
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Looks like the extreme right has chosen sides. Shocker.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ma...st-conference/
Old 02-26-2022, 11:08 AM   #352
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
All of Russia is going to hate Putin by the end of this. Might go the way of Mussolini.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 11:16 AM   #353
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
All of Russia is going to hate Putin by the end of this. Might go the way of Mussolini.
We can only hope!
Old 02-26-2022, 11:22 AM   #354
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
We can only hope!
I'll pay for the rope.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 11:26 AM   #355
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Hey there's about to be a war in Ukraine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

Id be willing to bet that 80-90 percent of Russian citizens are against Putin already. He has shown over n over he will kill, torture, jail his adversaries. So ya know people over there have to keep their hate to themselves. I , like you, hope this ends with a bullet between his eyes. Just takes one person close to him to be like fuck it. It’s why he is paranoid and secluded and surrounded only by his most loyal comrades. Hopefully one of them changes history for the better.
Old 02-26-2022, 11:47 AM   #356
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Meanwhile over at the ranch…

https://www.businessinsider.com/tuck...nts-fox-2022-2

Chicos choice for Mr Integrity…..
Old 02-26-2022, 04:31 PM   #357
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://twitter.com/i/lists/1484443992993501187

Good follow for updates

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 05:05 PM   #358
nonniey
The Starter

From ISW think tank 26 February (Are any of you reading these?). Gives really detailed info and has the links to their info sources (Lots of interesting stuff).

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...nt-february-26

FYI - BTG means Battalion Tactical Group. I'd smack the writers in the head for using acronyms that they haven't spelled out somewhere in the document.

Last edited by nonniey; 02-26-2022 at 05:20 PM.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 05:45 PM   #359
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
From ISW think tank 26 February (Are any of you reading these?). Gives really detailed info and has the links to their info sources (Lots of interesting stuff).

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...nt-february-26

FYI - BTG means Battalion Tactical Group. I'd smack the writers in the head for using acronyms that they haven't spelled out somewhere in the document.
This is a good source thanks

I found my live battle map sourced I used to track the Syrian civil war and isis breakout and war:

https://liveuamap.com/

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 06:19 PM   #360
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Meanwhile over at the ranch…

https://www.businessinsider.com/tuck...nts-fox-2022-2

Chicos choice for Mr Integrity…..
What do you expect, his idol in trump.