The 2nd Amendment Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-19-2023, 11:52 AM   #346
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: The 2nd Amendment Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Anybody possession of illegal firearms….no cashless bail and federally mandated 2 year prison sentence. Anybody caught committing a crime with a gun, minimum 10 year prison sentence on top of additional charges

If guns are the problem, show me you care
I rarely say this, but Chico has a valid point. Firearm crimes are most rampant in urban areas with large populations, and it's predominantly where illegal weapons are used to commit those crimes. Yet voters in urban areas overwhelmingly favor DA's in elections who are not tough on crime.

Advertisements
Old 04-19-2023, 12:22 PM   #347
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Someone else will have to answer those for you, because I don't disagree on them.

I just believe all lawfully abiding citizens have the right to own guns of their choosing.
So the ability to handle that gun correctly/safely should have nothing to do with if that person should have a gun? Many lawfully abiding citizens are not allowed to drive because they can not operate the vehicle safely, why are guns different?
Old 04-20-2023, 11:00 AM   #348
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://news.yahoo.com/photos-show-k...202546530.html

Photos show kids as young as 6 handling guns at the NRA's annual meeting. Guns are the leading cause of death among US children.

Old 04-20-2023, 11:16 AM   #349
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
https://news.yahoo.com/photos-show-k...202546530.html

Photos show kids as young as 6 handling guns at the NRA's annual meeting. Guns are the leading cause of death among US children.

This is the true grooming that’s going on in this country
Old 04-20-2023, 01:07 PM   #350
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
So the ability to handle that gun correctly/safely should have nothing to do with if that person should have a gun? Many lawfully abiding citizens are not allowed to drive because they can not operate the vehicle safely, why are guns different?
I just believe all physically/mentally fit lawfully abiding citizens have the right to own guns of their choosing.*

Also, I have no problem with gun safety courses being a requirement prior to purchasing a gun, and definitely before your 1st gun.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 01:09 PM   #351
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Anybody possession of illegal firearms….no cashless bail and federally mandated 2 year prison sentence. Anybody caught committing a crime with a gun, minimum 10 year prison sentence on top of additional charges

If guns are the problem, show me you care

So we need to wait until a crime is committed? Until someone dies? How bout we just do a little bit better making sure that they aren’t as accessible as baseball cards? Do you really think that some dipshit criminal is going to have an epiphany about what he is about to do because some dude on the block got a ten year prison sentence?

Im not opposed to your idea at all. Hell give em 20. But the true problem is much deeper than that. On several levels actually but Im not even going to go there. Nah fuck that I am. I’ll simply say besides gun availability there is an extremely deep rooted problem with opportunities for most people in those urban areas. I was never 6 years old walking home from kindergarten and being taught about power, money, and opportunity through crime because as a white kid growing up on a brady bunch block I had other avenues.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 01:12 PM   #352
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Learning about sex at age 6, no big deal. Learning about guns, oh the humanity.

I do agree w/ the article about guns should never be pointed at anyone though, even if empty.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:49 PM   #353
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

I do agree w/ the article about guns should never be pointed at anyone though, even if empty.
Are you really comparing a child's sexuality to guns?
Old 04-20-2023, 02:00 PM   #354
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

This is a little off. I mean teaching children about the birds and the bees is one thing. It isn’t like they are teaching them how to perform oral sex.

As far as guns the only thing a six year old should know is not to touch one. Not that it should ever be unattended with a child around.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:14 PM   #355
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Are you really comparing a child's sexuality to guns?
I didn't say anything about anyone's individual sexuality, kids or otherwise.

I said sex.

That is not the same thing.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:15 PM   #356
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
This is a little off. I mean teaching children about the birds and the bees is one thing. It isn’t like they are teaching them how to perform oral sex.

As far as guns the only thing a six year old should know is not to touch one. Not that it should ever be unattended with a child around.
I guess guns are the opposite of boobs, where you want to try to touch all of them, lol.

IMO, if you're going to have guns in your house, then the earlier you can teach your kids about them, the better. I'd rather my make believe kid know about guns and find one in my condo, then somehow get a hold of it w/o knowing about it.

I wouldn't want some stranger teaching my kid about anything sex related, at a young age. Straight, gay, or anything in between or around. And I don't think that's what a teachers' jobs should be. If kids can learn about bangin', they can most certainly learn about guns.

Note - I don't have kids and I don't own a gun (yet). Just hypothetically speaking.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:30 PM   #357
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I didn't say anything about anyone's individual sexuality, kids or otherwise.

I said sex.

That is not the same thing.

You might not have meant to but that is the way it came across.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:35 PM   #358
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The 2nd Amendment Thread

Quote:
I guess guns are the opposite of boobs, where you want to try to touch all of them, lol.

IMO, if you're going to have guns in your house, then the earlier you can teach your kids about them, the better. I'd rather my make believe kid know about guns and find one in my condo, then somehow get a hold of it w/o knowing about it.

I wouldn't want some stranger teaching my kid about anything sex related, at a young age. Straight, gay, or anything in between or around. And I don't think that's what a teachers' jobs should be. If kids can learn about bangin', they can most certainly learn about guns.

Note - I don't have kids and I don't own a gun (yet). Just hypothetically speaking.

First sentence would have been just fine lol. It is why we have a boob thread. Who wants to look at pictures of guns?

As a parent, and former child lol, i will say that most kids do not want to talk about pee pees and wee wees with their parents. They are much more receptive in health class surrounded by their peers.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:50 PM   #359
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
First sentence would have been just fine lol. It is why we have a boob thread. Who wants to look at pictures of guns?

As a parent, and former child lol, i will say that most kids do not want to talk about pee pees and wee wees with their parents. They are much more receptive in health class surrounded by their peers.
Why not both at the same time:

Old 05-01-2023, 03:34 PM   #360
Giantone
Gamebreaker