2024 Commanders Off-Season Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-17-2024, 07:39 AM   #346
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: 2024 Commanders Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
Agree meks with a good summary of absolute bullshit. Thankfully the backlash has been good to see.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-17-2024, 07:41 AM   #347
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
There is no one on this site that hates that name more than I do. Until they do something about it, I just will never have that passion like I use to. Just give us our uniforms back. That would go a long way I believe. Those cranberry things and those all blacks are so offensive and hideous.
I feel like I’m rooting for a fucking expansion team.

Agree, I loss a lil bit of my fandom and I didn’t think I initially would which was surprising.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:29 AM   #348
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
There is no one on this site that hates that name more than I do. Until they do something about it, I just will never have that passion like I use to. Just give us our uniforms back. That would go a long way I believe. Those cranberry things and those all blacks are so offensive and hideous.
Seriously, even with our current name, how hard would it be to have these uniforms and just replace the helmet logo with some sort of C-logo? Exact same colors. Nothing else changes.

Do a true fan contest to draft the best C logo you can create then have the fans vote on the logo they want.

Our Redskins uniforms were just so fucking dope, including best helmet in all of football, regardless of level.

Sean Taylor would still only be 41. Man, that shit is depressing. Fuck those people that broke into his house.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:43 AM   #349
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I find it hilarious how some fans think the team name is the one thing that was so horribly done by Snyder (which he probably didn't care about and likely not involved in), yet they tend to disregard all the actual things that he did to undermine the success of this team, both on and off the field.

For those of you that are so passionate about your hatred of the name, talk to me again when this team goes on a successful streak of multiple winning seasons. Because I'm pretty sure the name will be irrelevant at that point.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:44 AM   #350
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I like the W on the helmet, but could definitely get behind a C. For people wanting a name change the W makes more sense as it will transition regardless of a name. I don't really know if that matters, I am not a billionaire nor have I been involved in a rebranding.
Old 05-17-2024, 10:38 AM   #351
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I like the W on the helmet, but could definitely get behind a C. For people wanting a name change the W makes more sense as it will transition regardless of a name. I don't really know if that matters, I am not a billionaire nor have I been involved in a rebranding.
I'd be fine w/ the W too (or a re-designed W). Exact same old uniforms and colors, slap a W or C on that helmet, and I think a lot more people would be happy(ier) even if we kept the name Commanders.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 10:42 AM   #352
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

We may not be able to get our fabulous Redskins logo back but we can surely go back to our true team colors. I would ask the new owners to give us that much.

We need to get as many of our team traditions back as we can to raise our spirits. That's one reason we could use a two syllable team name. With that change, we can smoothly revive our team fight song, "Hail to the (two syllable) new team name". Just change a few lyrics to make it fit. Pair that with an impressively loud team band (another tradition) and the fans will sing it happily after every score.

The W on the helmet feels legit to me. No redesign for the W is needed. I would definitely not like a C on it.

To be honest, I still think the name Commanders has got to go. I don't think I'll ever get used to it. That's because Snyder gave us fans the finger when he ignored the name we voted for and then demanded his own clumsy branding, and it still sticks in my craw. I want to give him the finger right back by asking the current owners to adopt another, better team name.
Old 05-17-2024, 11:59 AM   #353
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I find it hilarious how some fans think the team name is the one thing that was so horribly done by Snyder (which he probably didn't care about and likely not involved in), yet they tend to disregard all the actual things that he did to undermine the success of this team, both on and off the field.

For those of you that are so passionate about your hatred of the name, talk to me again when this team goes on a successful streak of multiple winning seasons. Because I'm pretty sure the name will be irrelevant at that point.
I'm not sure that any fans disregard all the actual things that DS did to undermine the success of this team, both on and off the field. The name was just the icing on the cake. It was on his watch - so yeah, it's on him.

I'll gladly take a streak of multiple winning seasons, but that won't make me dislike the name any less.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 12:29 PM   #354
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

talk about missing the point.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 12:51 PM   #355
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'm not sure that any fans disregard all the actual things that DS did to undermine the success of this team, both on and off the field. The name was just the icing on the cake. It was on his watch - so yeah, it's on him.

I'll gladly take a streak of multiple winning seasons, but that won't make me dislike the name any less.
You're right that it happened on his watch, but to me the choice of the name Commanders was more of a Ron Rivera thing than Snyder.

Once he lost the battle of trying to keep the name Redskins, Snyder probably didn't give two shits about what the new name was going to be.

I'm pretty sure there'd be fans complaining about the name Red Tails or Redhawks or whatever other name they would have picked.
R.I.P. #21
Old 05-17-2024, 01:15 PM   #356
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
You're right that it happened on his watch, but to me the choice of the name Commanders was more of a Ron Rivera thing than Snyder.

Once he lost the battle of trying to keep the name Redskins, Snyder probably didn't give two shits about what the new name was going to be.

I'm pretty sure there'd be fans complaining about the name Red Tails or Redhawks or whatever other name they would have picked.
the problem was that he did the big survey and polled people on which of names the front office proposed they would like. . . . then went with a name that wasn't even on the list to vote for, which was just a huge FU to the fans, which makes the Commanders name a huge FU to the fans. That won't change.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 01:59 PM   #357
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:

They could win the damn Super Bowl next year and the next, and I STILL would want that horrible name changed after both of them! And I'd be upset that they won them while having that name. It sucks! Look I realize that them being a winning team is what matters most, but there's a reason that teams aren't named the Pussywillows and have pink uniforms, they want the fans to LIKE the look of it's team...and that has been taken away from us. It does not feel, sound, or certainly LOOK like the team I grew up loving and rooting for...it feels like an expansion team like others have suggested. If they can't be called the Redskins any more, then I at least want them to LOOK like they used to look at least...so it still feels like MY team.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 02:41 PM   #358
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
the problem was that he did the big survey and polled people on which of names the front office proposed they would like. . . . then went with a name that wasn't even on the list to vote for, which was just a huge FU to the fans, which makes the Commanders name a huge FU to the fans. That won't change.
I definitely wouldn't be in favor of a "C" on the helmets and have no issue with a "W" but my favorite would be "FU" for all the haters but suspect the NFL wouldn't go for it. Whatever, if ever, the team name is changed, dear God let it be ANYTHING but Commanders.
Old 05-17-2024, 03:24 PM   #359
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
They could win the damn Super Bowl next year and the next, and I STILL would want that horrible name changed after both of them! And I'd be upset that they won them while having that name. It sucks! Look I realize that them being a winning team is what matters most, but there's a reason that teams aren't named the Pussywillows and have pink uniforms, they want the fans to LIKE the look of it's team...and that has been taken away from us. It does not feel, sound, or certainly LOOK like the team I grew up loving and rooting for...it feels like an expansion team like others have suggested. If they can't be called the Redskins any more, then I at least want them to LOOK like they used to look at least...so it still feels like MY team.
Whether you like it or not, if (and hopefully when) the team becomes successful, the name is likely going to stay and it is going to become associated with the current ownership group. IMO it already is associated with the current group, outside of the DC area.

I guess the silver lining for the name hating crowd is that if the team is terrible in the next couple of seasons, they'll get the name change they've been clamoring for.
R.I.P. #21
Old 05-17-2024, 05:08 PM   #360
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

I 100% disagree with this. I think Snyder knew his time was coming to an end and wanted to put a stamp on the team. This name is truly Snyderesque and there is 0 chance that Riveria had controlling input on the name. I do think it could have been a lot on Jason Wright, but Snyder is 100% responsible.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote