Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #346
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Media Bias

ABC News corrects bombshell Flynn report - Dec. 1, 2017

Wow. Amazing how a major news organization just tosses around fake news. Disgraceful

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-02-2017, 08:52 AM   #347
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
ABC News corrects bombshell Flynn report - Dec. 1, 2017

Wow. Amazing how a major news organization just tosses around fake news. Disgraceful
Chico,you grabbing at straws.A mistake was made and retracted.Again I ask you if you have ever heard of the story of "chicken Little"?
Old 12-02-2017, 09:31 AM   #348
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Chico,you grabbing at straws.A mistake was made and retracted.Again I ask you if you have ever heard of the story of "chicken Little"?
Dude, it shouldn’t be released it if it is not thoroughly vetted! This is abc news released by their top political investigate reporter! Is the bar this low?

It’s a clear example of why people across the country hate And disapprove of the media.

This wasn’t some shit organization like huffington or blaze, this was abc news.

He Gets Us
Old 12-02-2017, 09:41 AM   #349
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

This probably warrants another thread, but I'm highly concerned about this new tax bill. I've looked at some nonpartisan sources and it basically looks like I'm going to get fucked in the middle class. In Virginia, it removes our state deduction and (this one I'm unsure on) our home deduction. We take no deductions because we like that windfall every tax season (I also know it's not the right way to do it, but I don't care ). What I'm reading is highly confusing but it what I'm gleaning is that the rich will profit, people with two kids get a good deduction and the middle class gets bent over. Is that true? JoeRedskin, have you looked at this at all?
Old 12-02-2017, 09:54 AM   #350
MTK
\m/

You can bet corporations and the wealthy will benefit the most
Old 12-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #351
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

That's definitely what I'm noticing, but hey, TRICKLE DOWN YA'LL. Always works.

I've said this before, but no president has ever hit me in the wallet in a negative way that I've noticed before. Bush with Stimulus Check, Obama with Cash for Clunkers, but I cannot see even his base supporting this if they suffer directly. They're brainwashed for sure, but even this can't stand right?
Old 12-02-2017, 01:28 PM   #352
MTK
\m/

Joe Schmoe always loses, the game is and continues to be rigged.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:41 PM   #353
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
This probably warrants another thread, but I'm highly concerned about this new tax bill. I've looked at some nonpartisan sources and it basically looks like I'm going to get fucked in the middle class. In Virginia, it removes our state deduction and (this one I'm unsure on) our home deduction. We take no deductions because we like that windfall every tax season (I also know it's not the right way to do it, but I don't care ). What I'm reading is highly confusing but it what I'm gleaning is that the rich will profit, people with two kids get a good deduction and the middle class gets bent over. Is that true? JoeRedskin, have you looked at this at all?

With all the changes and last min additions to the bill most of the people voted without reading it.If I understand it my taxes are going up by almost $2000 with in the next two years.Things I could deduct I now can't and the richer top ten percent now have a higher standard deduction and mine (middle class)have a gotten lower and Corporations now will only pay taxes on money made in the US.Again I am not 100% on any of this.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #354
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
That's definitely what I'm noticing, but hey, TRICKLE DOWN YA'LL. Always works.

I've said this before, but no president has ever hit me in the wallet in a negative way that I've noticed before. Bush with Stimulus Check, Obama with Cash for Clunkers, but I cannot see even his base supporting this if they suffer directly. They're brainwashed for sure, but even this can't stand right?
Yeah the morons passed it.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:59 PM   #355
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

The worst thing about the bill is the tax cuts for the middle class expire in ~5 or so years and the corporate tax cuts are permanent. Just in time for the middle class to forget Republicans are responsible for the setup in the first place. If we're being honest though, Trump's fanbase won't care. They aren't exactly the "do in depth research" type anyways, it's easier to just read a headline and form a conclusion. And if you don't like it, it's fake news.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:01 PM   #356
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Democracy's immune system is in trouble. Here's what we can do (Opinion) - CNN

Pretty good opinion article here about how to keeps news in the digital media better/honest... highlights:

A second principle -- already standard in traditional media -- should be that if a digital journalist makes a mistake, the outlet should admit it and correct it immediately. After all, if a mistake is made, the journalist is accountable, not just to the news organization, but to the readers at large. A correction should be done in a way that is equal or greater than the mistake that was published. For example, if the mistake is shared on a media outlet's website and across its social media platforms, the correction should be shared in the same manner.

A final principle would make editors commit to drafting headlines that accurately represent the content of the article, not present the reader with a false understanding of what the piece is about. For example, opinion editorials should be labeled as such, not purport to be news articles. I've also observed a number of headlines that express the unverified claim as a question. This can leave the reader misinformed. While headlines should catch a reader's attention, they shouldn't be deceitful.

Bravo to the last bold statement...CNN wouldn't have a channel or front page. In fact, ALL opinion articles should not be on the front of a website...much like how newspaper's worked...most opinion articles should be placed in the back of the front section.
I agree with most of this Chico. The retraction should always get as much attention as the first headline, yet it never does. I doubt the retraction reaches half the people that see the original headline.

And I would love it if op-ed's were marked as such, I hate reading something then halfway through I read a sentence that has no place in a news story and I'm like, oh shit this must be some random news jagoff's opinion.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #357
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...224327042.htmle

ABC News Suspends Brian Ross for 4 Weeks Without Pay: ‘Effective Immediately’ For false Flynn report.

It’s not the first time Ross has come under fire for playing fast and loose with the facts, either. In 2012, he falsely suggested that the Aurora shooter Jim Holmes had been a member of the Colorado Tea Party — he was not.

That flub also resulted in an on-air clarification from Ross, which you can watch below.

ABC News’ Brian Ross had to apologize for suggesting that Aurora theater shooter James Holmes was a member of Colorado Tea Party. pic.twitter.com/MThgHQ7I99
– Ryan Saavedra ???????? (@RealSaavedra) December 2, 2017

This guy should be fired. Absolute disgrace and biased reporter. Garbage

He Gets Us
Old 12-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #358
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I agree with most of this Chico. The retraction should always get as much attention as the first headline, yet it never does. I doubt the retraction reaches half the people that see the original headline.

And I would love it if op-ed's were marked as such, I hate reading something then halfway through I read a sentence that has no place in a news story and I'm like, oh shit this must be some random news jagoff's opinion.

Yes ,I agree and you're smart enough to know it and disagree with it .Mooby you can tell fact from fiction,most people can.To go on about FU's in the media is ridiculous. Nice if people would bitch that much about the FU's in the goverment and what just happen to the American people with the tax bill.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #359
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.14b39c179366

CNN armed Trump with new ammunition. Sure enough, he launched another ‘fake news’ attack

Wow yuuuge mistake by cnn again. More fake news

He Gets Us
Old 12-09-2017, 02:31 PM   #360
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.14b39c179366

CNN armed Trump with new ammunition. Sure enough, he launched another ‘fake news’ attack

Wow yuuuge mistake by cnn again. More fake news
chico, they got a date wrong and corrected it.You're more like trump every day.