Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-29-2017, 09:15 PM   #331
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I can't fathom for the life of me why people want to make this a partisan issue when the fact remains shitheads abuse their power in despicable ways on both sides of the issue. At least something is being done about it now.
I agree a thousand fold that this empowerment and coming forward is a great thing. The politcalization of every topic is a major part of our society now and when it is the powerful media and political elites who have been for so long touting their role as champions of women's rights they will deservedly face heavy scrutiny.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2017, 11:10 PM   #332
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I can't fathom for the life of me why people want to make this a partisan issue when the fact remains shitheads abuse their power in despicable ways on both sides of the issue. At least something is being done about it now.
Well I think because when oreily was fired the national media were high fucking fiving on msnbc, nbc, cbs, Washington Post and the nyt...nothing about victims. Now, the coverage has been clearly muted with multiple articles on cnn that ask “what do you when people you love do bad things” that was written today about lauer as it was about Louis C.K. recently. Nightly nbc news did 3 minutes on it tonight...that’s it. No multiple correspondents or even a entire segment.

It’s partisan because the coverage has made it partisan. But clearly as we keep score, we are seeing not only was the Hollywood seeped in sexual harressment, but NYT, NBC and CBS. So while these folks were spending time reporting on accusations that many are loose with the president, lo and behold major players in the national media were participating in an environment of sexual harassment.

So while lauer was bring up sexual harassment claims against trump and while Glenn Thrush was standing up for women against trump, these guys were actively participating in it.

So much for the war against women...the war was actually going on in Hollywood and the national media.

I better see some mutherfuckers marching in the streets soon....because that’s what they do right? This isn’t some false narrative this time...this is really happening. So March now.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:27 AM   #333
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Kinda of a metaphor of the reaction from the higher ups...don’t think they are actually doing this, but certainly not out of question.

That's a response I would hear from FOX.It was a lie to make your story sound better.......hmmmmmmmm?

Last edited by Giantone; 11-30-2017 at 05:55 AM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:51 AM   #334
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Well I think because when oreily was fired the national media were high fucking fiving on msnbc, nbc, cbs, Washington Post and the nyt...nothing about victims. Now, the coverage has been clearly muted with multiple articles on cnn that ask “what do you when people you love do bad things” that was written today about lauer as it was about Louis C.K. recently. Nightly nbc news did 3 minutes on it tonight...that’s it. No multiple correspondents or even a entire segment.

It’s partisan because the coverage has made it partisan. But clearly as we keep score, we are seeing not only was the Hollywood seeped in sexual harressment, but NYT, NBC and CBS. So while these folks were spending time reporting on accusations that many are loose with the president, lo and behold major players in the national media were participating in an environment of sexual harassment.

So while lauer was bring up sexual harassment claims against trump and while Glenn Thrush was standing up for women against trump, these guys were actively participating in it.

So much for the war against women...the war was actually going on in
Hollywood and the national media.
I better see some mutherfuckers marching in the streets soon....because that’s what they do right? This isn’t some false narrative this time...this is really happening. So March now.
Great story,none of it true but it sounds good except it's BS.
1) Nothing was said about victims becuase ....they are usually anonymous and most all outlets don't want to be seen as attacking victims.
2)O'Reily was an ass and he screamed from the highest mountain top as a superior of everyone and he paid off people, he attacked the accused Lauer has not and as soon as NBC got a whiff of it dropped him ,did FOX do that with O'Reily...NO. News Flash on a 30 min show 3 mins is a long segment FYI.
3)You say "But clearly as we keep score" , no , you are keeping score .....not we.

4)Reporters report.

5)You say"So much for the war against women...the war was actually going on in
Hollywood and the national media." ,Yes it is ,I won't say was becuase it is still going on and always has been but why did you leave out Politics?You are so gun ho to attack "Hollywood and the Media and lump them together you showed your ignorance by leaving out the Politicians,you want to make your point so bad you ignore many of the true facts of the story.Hey you could go work for FOX.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:05 AM   #335
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Lauer admits "there is truth in the allegations",will trump do the same???Chico if you want to be taken seriously then attack the GOP with the same vigor as you hate the left,that is if your serious about the issue?
Old 11-30-2017, 09:23 AM   #336
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Lauer admits "there is truth in the allegations",will trump do the same???Chico if you want to be taken seriously then attack the GOP with the same vigor as you hate the left,that is if your serious about the issue?
Its not that I generally hate the left, its the fact I generally don't like all voices represented fairly across the board. I don't like how the evolution of truthiness has lead to all out streaming false narratives which are foundationally baseless..which have moved out of politics into mainstream media.

Its weird how I and others have the expectations of hypocrisy within politics. because that's what it is...But I don't expect that same level of hypocrisy from media. I expect more from them...I find it deeply disturbing when national media organization picks sides on issues, parties, people, etc. I don't like it when media organizations constantly try to divide this country in the name of revenue.

I think its extremely important and I recognize this bc media has become the greatest force within the country...and I don't mean greatest as good either.

He Gets Us
Old 11-30-2017, 10:58 AM   #337
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Its not that I generally hate the left, its the fact I generally don't like all voices represented fairly across the board. I don't like how the evolution of truthiness has lead to all out streaming false narratives which are foundationally baseless..which have moved out of politics into mainstream media.

Its weird how I and others have the expectations of hypocrisy within politics. because that's what it is...But I don't expect that same level of hypocrisy from media. I expect more from them...I find it deeply disturbing when national media organization picks sides on issues, parties, people, etc. I don't like it when media organizations constantly try to divide this country in the name of revenue.

I think its extremely important and I recognize this bc media has become the greatest force within the country...and I don't mean greatest as good either.
What is your solution to this? Because it's never gonna stop as long as the money comes in.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:00 AM   #338
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

So much for the war against women...the war was actually going on in Hollywood and the national media.

As G1 said, you are the only keeping score. Which if thats what you want to do, then ok. Do you need a safe space where you can celebrate lefty media icons being disgraced? Have at it then boss.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:22 AM   #339
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
They aren't it's always been "a bipartisan issue" just now the GOP is getting caught and trying to blame the MSM for it and not taking responsibility for their own actions.
LMAO. It's mainly liberals getting caught. Always has been since Bill Clinton took office. With people like you and the "MSM" making excuses for him and the Dems in general. Sad!

And what has Franken apologized for? Last I heard, "sorry you were offended", "it was a joke", and denials aren't apologies. No matter how "embarrassed" and "ashamed" Franken says he feels over how it looks. Franken's still insisting he's a good hearted guy through all this. And still promoting himself as a "champion of women".

Imagine how you would treat this situation if a Republican did and said exactly the same.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:29 AM   #340
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
As G1 said, you are the only keeping score. Which if thats what you want to do, then ok. Do you need a safe space where you can celebrate lefty media icons being disgraced? Have at it then boss.
Well its not just about keeping score...but Ill be watching for how they will to change the message. Will a narrative of "War on Woman" survive? I mean, is there gonna be a march? If there was anytime to march, I think it would be now...maybe Al Franken can rally it again.

I really wonder if it wasn't for the NYT Weinstein article, would we have ever have known about Lauer, Rose, etc? Where was CBS and NBC...exactly.

He Gets Us
Old 11-30-2017, 11:31 AM   #341
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
What is your solution to this? Because it's never gonna stop as long as the money comes in.
I think speaking up and pointing it out. Keeping an open mind. Awareness in general. Limited exposure for sure.

He Gets Us
Old 11-30-2017, 02:21 PM   #342
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
LMAO. It's mainly liberals getting caught. Always has been since Bill Clinton took office. With people like you and the "MSM" making excuses for him and the Dems in general. Sad!

And what has Franken apologized for? Last I heard, "sorry you were offended", "it was a joke", and denials aren't apologies. No matter how "embarrassed" and "ashamed" Franken says he feels over how it looks. Franken's still insisting he's a good hearted guy through all this. And still promoting himself as a "champion of women".

Imagine how you would treat this situation if a Republican did and said exactly the same.
Yeah... if I could get that master list which brings credibility to your point, that'd be great. Don't just include media, I want the whole nine. Politicians, media, businessmen, etc. Anybody who donates money to political causes is fair game.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:14 PM   #343
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Yeah... if I could get that master list which brings credibility to your point, that'd be great. Don't just include media, I want the whole nine. Politicians, media, businessmen, etc. Anybody who donates money to political causes is fair game.
We all would be interested to see which politicians participated in the harassment hush fund.
https://desantis.house.gov/2017/11/d...onal-hush-fund
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:05 AM   #344
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
We all would be interested to see which politicians participated in the harassment hush fund.
https://desantis.house.gov/2017/11/d...onal-hush-fund
I love it. I hope it passes with flying colors. Like cops, politicians (aka the people that set the standard in this country) have to be held to a higher standard. The people deserve to know if their elected leaders can't keep their dick in their pants. Harassment scandals involving politicians need to be publicized, and they need to be held just as accountable as the Hollywood fucks having their careers disgraced now.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:34 PM   #345
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Democracy's immune system is in trouble. Here's what we can do (Opinion) - CNN

Pretty good opinion article here about how to keeps news in the digital media better/honest... highlights:

A second principle -- already standard in traditional media -- should be that if a digital journalist makes a mistake, the outlet should admit it and correct it immediately. After all, if a mistake is made, the journalist is accountable, not just to the news organization, but to the readers at large. A correction should be done in a way that is equal or greater than the mistake that was published. For example, if the mistake is shared on a media outlet's website and across its social media platforms, the correction should be shared in the same manner.

A final principle would make editors commit to drafting headlines that accurately represent the content of the article, not present the reader with a false understanding of what the piece is about. For example, opinion editorials should be labeled as such, not purport to be news articles. I've also observed a number of headlines that express the unverified claim as a question. This can leave the reader misinformed. While headlines should catch a reader's attention, they shouldn't be deceitful.

Bravo to the last bold statement...CNN wouldn't have a channel or front page. In fact, ALL opinion articles should not be on the front of a website...much like how newspaper's worked...most opinion articles should be placed in the back of the front section.

He Gets Us