F 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2020, 02:52 PM   #331
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
I agree. I dont think we've seen the roster play a complete 60 minutes of football in the last 2 years. We were consistently Ill prepared, and rarely had the juice going into a game.
Zac Kerin
Luke Bowanko
Austin Howard
Timon Parris
Kyle Fuller
Jonathan Cooper

^^ guys who played on our O line last year. Maybe you recognize Jonathan Cooper or Kyle Fuller (but as the CB for the Bears and not the OL guy)

2018 7-9 w a ton of injuries and Mark Sanchez and Josh Jackson playing QB.

2017 7-9 w a ton of injuries. That was the missed opportunity year. Injuries just decimated our chances.

2016 8-7-1

--------------------------------

Im a Jay Gruden fan to a degree. He wasnt in the top 5 of the list of problems for his time here. Injuries and never getting a good D Coord (no one wanted to come work for Allen and Skins) railroaded our chances when we had Kirk.

7-9
7-9
8-7-1

^^ not bad results for the injuries we had. I dont agree with making Jay the scape goat and reason for this teams ails.

Hed be a great OC just not a HC for a team like this.

edit - Im not letting this DOA year where he clearly threw in the towel to color his entire time here. jay was better than we deserved just wasnt the right guy for this job.

Advertisements
Old 01-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #332
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Scott Turner is interviewing? Not sure how I feel about that, or why would he want to come here since Snyder basically treated his dad like shit.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 02:56 PM   #333
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

LMAO at G1 being the only one to give this hire an F
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 02:57 PM   #334
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Scott Turner is interviewing? Not sure how I feel about that, or why would he want to come here since Snyder basically treated his dad like shit.
This may be the only OC interview he gets. Hes still young, inexperienced and the new Panthers Coach (when they pick one) may very well not retain him.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:58 PM   #335
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it's because he'd like the opportunity to continue and/or advance his career in the NFL while also working with a coach he knows and respects in Rivera.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #336
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it's because he'd like the opportunity to continue and/or advance his career in the NFL while also working with a coach he knows and respects in Rivera.
Money talks and bull shit walks. Plus memories fade after time.

8 years ago, i worked for a company as a consultant. My boss came to me and said his boss did not like the current arrangement. I needed to work more hours or take a pay cut. I walked and 6 months later i returned as the manager. Last year, the same guy (who is no longer a director) comes to me and really needed a favor. He asks me if i could hire his son. His son had been out of work for a while and needed employment. I asked him if he remembered 8 years ago and the ultimatum. He had forgotten the whole incident. In short, it was just business and you do what you have to do to get ahead.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 04:26 PM   #337
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post

8 years ago, i worked for a company as a consultant. My boss came to me and said his boss did not like the current arrangement. I needed to work more hours or take a pay cut. I walked and 6 months later i returned as the manager. Last year, the same guy (who is no longer a director) comes to me and really needed a favor. He asks me if i could hire his son. His son had been out of work for a while and needed employment. I asked him if he remembered 8 years ago and the ultimatum. He had forgotten the whole incident. In short, it was just business and you do what you have to do to get ahead.
Nah, I like my imaginary version better, where Norv Turner and Dan Snyder are still bitter enemies to this day and Norv forbids his son from working for a sheisty bitch like Dan.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:30 PM   #338
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post

So did you hire the guys kid?!?! Come’on, don’t leave me hangin’ !!!!
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 04:35 PM   #339
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

I hired the kid. He was the best candidate for the position. It wasn’t his fault his dad was an idiot.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:22 PM   #340
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Im a Jay Gruden fan to a degree. He wasnt in the top 5 of the list of problems for his time here. Injuries and never getting a good D Coord (no one wanted to come work for Allen and Skins) railroaded our chances when we had Kirk.

7-9
7-9
8-7-1

^^ not bad results for the injuries we had. I dont agree with making Jay the scape goat and reason for this teams ails.

Hed be a great OC just not a HC for a team like this.

edit - Im not letting this DOA year where he clearly threw in the towel to color his entire time here. jay was better than we deserved just wasnt the right guy for this job.
Jay, as a skins coach, was 35-49-1.
I dont care about excuses such as injuries. I just dont care. It was 100% on bruce allen and jay.
Other teams have injuries, and make the playoffs. Our seasons declined steadily with jay at the helm..
The amount of times we came into a game or into the 2nd half without making any adjustments, or any solid gameplan was mind blowing.
Bottom line, good coaches win. Bad coaches dont.
To say he is a great/good coach, but follow that with his statistical .418 winning percentage is like saying stalin was a good guy aside from his questionable politics.
I blame Jay's practices and light hearted attitude towards preparation to blame for the amount of injuries, and our ineptitude on third downs and second half performances. He was way in over his head as a head coach...it just added to the total cluster fuck this org. Has become over the last decade.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:56 PM   #341
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I like that Rivera hasn't won a SB. I think getting to the game and not winning it has to have given him internal fuel to am already passionate desire. Couple that with Dan's fanboy desire to recreate the glory years of the franchise and I think you could see a bond forged that will get them past many of the pitfalls of the past 20 years. It takes winning of course. But I believe Rivera can be the coach that brings the best out of DS.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:32 PM   #342
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
Jay, as a skins coach, was 35-49-1.
I dont care about excuses such as injuries. I just dont care. It was 100% on bruce allen and jay.
Other teams have injuries, and make the playoffs. Our seasons declined steadily with jay at the helm..
The amount of times we came into a game or into the 2nd half without making any adjustments, or any solid gameplan was mind blowing.
Bottom line, good coaches win. Bad coaches dont.
To say he is a great/good coach, but follow that with his statistical .418 winning percentage is like saying stalin was a good guy aside from his questionable politics.
I blame Jay's practices and light hearted attitude towards preparation to blame for the amount of injuries, and our ineptitude on third downs and second half performances. He was way in over his head as a head coach...it just added to the total cluster fuck this org. Has become over the last decade.
If you apply the Snyder factor where coaches under Snyder only win 70% of the games they have won elsewhere, Gruden would be a somewhat respectable 50-34-1. Just look what Gibbs, Marty and Shanny did when they weren't under Snyder's wrath. Those guys were a combined 62-82 working under Snyder.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:54 PM   #343
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
If you apply the Snyder factor where coaches under Snyder only win 70% of the games they have won elsewhere, Gruden would be a somewhat respectable 50-34-1. Just look what Gibbs, Marty and Shanny did when they weren't under Snyder's wrath. Those guys were a combined 62-82 working under Snyder.
I hear you but to some extent Jay has to be accountable for obviously being the worst motivator ever. How many times did his team looked flat footed ? How many season openers felt like they were not prepared ?

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2020, 05:25 PM   #344
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I like that Rivera hasn't won a SB. I think getting to the game and not winning it has to have given him internal fuel to am already passionate desire. Couple that with Dan's fanboy desire to recreate the glory years of the franchise and I think you could see a bond forged that will get them past many of the pitfalls of the past 20 years. It takes winning of course. But I believe Rivera can be the coach that brings the best out of DS.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I agree with this post. Rivera is clearly hungry. This new alliance with Snyder could work. The fact that Snyder got rid of Allen is telling to me. Just needs to make sure he doesn't get another Cerrato/BA type.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 06:39 PM   #345
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I hear you but to some extent Jay has to be accountable for obviously being the worst motivator ever. How many times did his team looked flat footed ? How many season openers felt like they were not prepared ?

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Starting the game by giving up a score early, or coming out of the gate slow, or taking an L in the season opener was a very common theme for Gruden and the Skins.

I don't think Gruden was as bad as Zorn, or Spurrier, or even Shanny, but it was time for him to go too.