The Bad News Thread

Parking Lot

Old 01-26-2018, 10:26 AM   #331
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
So, my wife was having a lot of pain, as if she was having a kidney stone. She's had those in the past. Her dad wound up taking her to the ER last night, because one of us had to put our 3 year old to bed last night. She came home around 2:30 this morning - tired but OK. However, a CAT scan they took of her last night revealed a mass in her breast. She's trying to reassure me that this is normal for women in her age, and that her mother has a similar mass that wasn't cancerous, but I have to admit, I'm having a hard time focusing on work thinking about the possibility of my wife, my son's mom, having Cancer.
Stay in there man, I am sorry to hear this news. God (not trying to get all religious here) will handle the things we as humans can't. If the Docs say there is no cancer than I'm sure it will be fine.

Advertisements
Old 01-26-2018, 10:48 AM   #332
metalskins
The Starter

Thanks guys! Also not trying to get all religious, but sometimes, the devil loves more than anything to put doubts and fear in your mind, and it's sometimes a battle to let go of that stuff. Just whenever you hear about doctors finding a mass, you immediately go into "prepare for the worst" mode in your mind.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:57 AM   #333
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thanks guys! Also not trying to get all religious, but sometimes, the devil loves more than anything to put doubts and fear in your mind, and it's sometimes a battle to let go of that stuff. Just whenever you hear about doctors finding a mass, you immediately go into "prepare for the worst" mode in your mind.
I sorry to hear about this...but your right with your last line. Im the same type of way with news like that...

Ill be hoping for the best brother!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:25 AM   #334
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I sorry to hear about this...but your right with your last line. Im the same type of way with news like that...

Ill be hoping for the best brother!
Thanks Chico! Seems like since she and I have gotten married, one of us has had to visit the ER at least once a year, and then we have to deal with the medical bills.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:57 AM   #335
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

This situation is very small in comparison to what metalskins is going through.

But I screwed something up at work and had to apologize for the error. I not only did I screw it up, but the work around to catch it I forgot to do just from being to busy. First I got called out on missing the work around...that's embarrassing enough. But after I completed I...found something messed up...which after to apologizing to my boss first missing the work around....I then apologized to someone else that was affected.

Man, I felt twice as bad. Bout ready to drain a 5th of bourbon.

He Gets Us
Old 01-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #336
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The Mrs and I have been through a few hard times as well and you just have to be strong when you can,for her ,your son and for you .When you get the info just do what ever it takes .I'm sure God is on your side .Prayers your family's way!
Old 01-26-2018, 01:37 PM   #337
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
The Mrs and I have been through a few hard times as well and you just have to be strong when you can,for her ,your son and for you .When you get the info just do what ever it takes .I'm sure God is on your side .Prayers your family's way!
Thank you Giantone!
Old 01-26-2018, 01:41 PM   #338
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
This situation is very small in comparison to what metalskins is going through.

But I screwed something up at work and had to apologize for the error. I not only did I screw it up, but the work around to catch it I forgot to do just from being to busy. First I got called out on missing the work around...that's embarrassing enough. But after I completed I...found something messed up...which after to apologizing to my boss first missing the work around....I then apologized to someone else that was affected.

Man, I felt twice as bad. Bout ready to drain a 5th of bourbon.
Chico, I've been in your shoes before! On the bright side of this, you apologized, took the heat, and attempted to do what needed to be done to correct the problem. I've dealt with people who were outed on a mistake that still refused to fess up to it and correct the problem. At least you were man enough to admit your mistake. In the long run, that will work in your favor even though it doesn't feel good right now!
Old 01-26-2018, 01:50 PM   #339
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Chico, I've been in your shoes before! On the bright side of this, you apologized, took the heat, and attempted to do what needed to be done to correct the problem. I've dealt with people who were outed on a mistake that still refused to fess up to it and correct the problem. At least you were man enough to admit your mistake. In the long run, that will work in your favor even though it doesn't feel good right now!
yeah...I have no problem in admitting the mistake and apologizing. Likewise, I have no problem standing strong for something I believe in. I also like to take that stance for a teammate as well.

People who try to b.s. or be cute about it...well, that develops a reputation---office politics will develop. The worse of course is the person who refuses to take blame and then blame someone else behind the back.

The funniest to me are the people who lie about something and think no one can tell. Like their so effing slick. They always look the worse...

He Gets Us
Old 01-26-2018, 01:57 PM   #340
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
yeah...I have no problem in admitting the mistake and apologizing. Likewise, I have no problem standing strong for something I believe in. I also like to take that stance for a teammate as well.

People who try to b.s. or be cute about it...well, that develops a reputation---office politics will develop. The worse of course is the person who refuses to take blame and then blame someone else behind the back.

The funniest to me are the people who lie about something and think no one can tell. Like their so effing slick. They always look the worse...
I'm actually dealing with this right now at work. We have the finance director who refuses to go through proper channels when bringing new software applications on board. Everything IT related needs to go through IT's vetting before it is approved, but time and time again, this lady doesn't go through those channels and purchases the software anyway. But then, she expects IT to set it up all the technical bits for her, but she expects to manage it until something comes into question with our state audits and said software (such as admin duties of managing the software) and then she tosses it to us like a hot potato, thinking she can wash her hands of any wrong doing. I don't know how she continues getting away with it, but she does.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:58 AM   #341
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
So, my wife was having a lot of pain, as if she was having a kidney stone. She's had those in the past. Her dad wound up taking her to the ER last night, because one of us had to put our 3 year old to bed last night. She came home around 2:30 this morning - tired but OK. However, a CAT scan they took of her last night revealed a mass in her breast. She's trying to reassure me that this is normal for women in her age, and that her mother has a similar mass that wasn't cancerous, but I have to admit, I'm having a hard time focusing on work thinking about the possibility of my wife, my son's mom, having Cancer.

Hey bud. My wife had a mass too. Turned out to be nothing and it is pretty common. Good news is they found it now - whatever it is. She will be fine. Keep your head up. Been there numerous times with my wife. Absolutely terrible to think about your kid and the possibility of bad news. Good vibes and prayers brother.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:38 AM   #342
Schneed10
A Dude

Metalskins, hoping for the best for you and your wife. You've no doubt heard by now that those things are often just cysts. My wife had one at 19 (we weren't married yet). It spooked her but once biopsy revealed it was just a cyst it was all a relief. They cut it out in a simple operation and no more issues.

Good luck!
Old 01-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #343
metalskins
The Starter

Hey guys, Punch & Schneed, thanks for your comments! My wife does have a history of fybroids, and I wouldn't doubt that this is what the CAT Scan found. She had 5 fybroids that were removed shortly after she gave birth to our son a few years ago. So knowing this, I bet this is what is going on with her. At least, I hope so! It definitely gives you an uneasy feeling, though.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:15 PM   #344
DidierAubin87
Camp Scrub

Bad news: I think my pocket is empty now. I spent money on traveling last week within 6 days in Japan.
DidierAubin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #345
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

That was one of the biggest problems I had at work. Just trying to convince people to own up to the mistake and lets move on. By not doing it extends the process of any correction needed and 9 times out of 10 makes it worse. Good Luck Chico.