Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Parking Lot

Old 06-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #316
MTK
\m/

Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

It was probably just an oversight on the photographer's part, I doubt he meant any harm. Regardless, he probably should have been a bit more aware of the situation and how the picture would look with the little boy off to the side like that.

I would imagine most parents wouldn't be happy if that was their kid. I know I wouldn't have liked it.

Advertisements
Old 06-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #317
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I honestly think you are blowing it out of proportion.

What pains my heart in that picture is that child or any child for that matter has to live with a disability like that one.

What warms my heart in that picture is his smile; regardless of his situation he is still smiling.

His teacher and/or his class have made a happy environment for him. No kid smiles like that that is upset. Kids can't really fake their emotions.

Could have things been done to make him more included in the photo? Sure but does it really matter if he was still smiling.

Also to add I pork his teacher.
I just don't think his smile is a good indicator. From the story itself, it sounds like he has felt excluded in more than just this situation. Anyways, I do agree that his condition is far more tragic than this single picture.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #318
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Worst of.....

This is someone who molded young minds:

The Bronx teacher accused of raping a 10-year-old student sent an appalling apology email to the girl, claiming he was too rough during the attack — but said 'it’s normal,'

Prosecutors say Anthony Criscuolo, 40, allegedly sent the email to his fifth grade student at Public School 386 on Tuesday.

The day before, on Monday of this week, he is accused of raping the girl inside his car that was parked at a Soundview school.

'I was too rough. Sorry,' he wrote to the girl, according to court papers. 'It’s normal. You may feel pain for a few days.'

The brute was held on $750,000 bond and $500,000 cash bail after he was arraigned earlier today.

He faces a barrage of charged including rape, predatory sexual assault against a child and endangering the welfare of a child.

Please let this ****er get what he deserves.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #319
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

So awesome

Implant lets deaf child hear for the first time
Old 06-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #320
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I saw that pretty cool and there is a ton of stuff out there for the deaf. Our club just purchased some equipment for the school system that plugs the student in directly to the teacher so they can hear the teacher like any other child. Its expensive but with the joy we have seen from the students we have purchased even more units for other class rooms.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #321
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I just don't think his smile is a good indicator. From the story itself, it sounds like he has felt excluded in more than just this situation. Anyways, I do agree that his condition is far more tragic than this single picture.
Daytime in No Time | Yahoo! TV

Well, honestly, I guess I am harder to please than I thought. The new photo certainly looks better in the sense that he has the care giver(s) there, but clearly if that's what the mom expected there was no way that would have been done on the school's picture day. I also wonders what happens if another parent's child looked less good in the re-take. As the rest of the kids look far more scrunched since the care giver(s) is sitting on the bleacher as well.

the new picture is at the 42 second mark if you don't want to wait after the forced commercial.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #322
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Daytime in No Time | Yahoo! TV

The new picture is at the 42 second mark if you don't want to wait after the forced commercial.
Much better. Peer pressure is a wonderful thing.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #323
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Much better. Peer pressure is a wonderful thing.
man I don't get a snip or ellipsis, you just hack out my words??? that's got to go to the worst of our future!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #324
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Yup.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #325
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Another from the worst. Man abducts and kills 8-year girl but that's not why I am posting it. Bad people exist and do evil every day, it is the sad consequence of our humanity. ... The part that got me, however, was at the end of the story, the killer had a long history of sexual predation including this tidbit:

Quote:
According to records from the Duval County Clerk of Courts, Smith's most recent convictions occurred last year on charges from 2009 for unlawful impersonation of a public employee and aggravated child abuse by willful torture, for which he was sentenced to a year in county jail.
8-year-old found dead in Florida; man faces charges - CNN.com

Child abuse with "willful torture" gets you ONE YEAR in county lock-up? F*** that!!! The only way one year is even close to appropriate is if, for every day of the year, he were put, handcuffed and hogtied, into a room with the parents of the child for as long as they wished and no questions asked afterwards. He was released on May 31st. Had he served even another six months, this little 8-year old would still be alive. I hope that is brought to the attention of the judge, prosecutor and defense attorney.

Willful torture of a child. One year. Society is beyond f***'ed up.

Oh ... then there is the mother in the story. Mom meets this charmer in Dollar City, he offers to buy her clothes at Walmart. Sure ... let's go with the strange man. In Walmart, he offers to buy food at McD's and Mom lets her 8-year old daughter go with him, alone. Presumably while Mom contiues to pick out her new wardrobe. He then abducts the child and subjects her to God knows what before killing her.

Every adult involved in this story failed this poor little girl. Words fail me at the sadness I feel for her.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #326
over the mountain
Playmaker

the slap on the wrist for child sexual predators absolutely makes me sick.

the taliban probably has a better sense of justice with pedophiles then this country.

if i ever get terminal cancer or something i am going on an vendetta of epic proportions.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #327
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
the taliban probably has a better sense of justice with pedophiles then this country.
They ARE pedophiles.

Quote:
if i ever get terminal cancer or something i am going on an vendetta of epic proportions.
Why wait? Have the courage of your convictions and plan well.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #328
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

We're doomed

Old 06-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #329
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Bieber's new tattoo 'Only (Judge) Judy can judge me' cracked me up.

Three thumbs way up! (Using the new CB rating system)
Old 06-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #330
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Here we have pieces of shit like this guy. At least he's arrested and hopefully he'll never see another free day in his life. I certainly hope his bail will be denied as well.

Suspect Arrested in Attack on Mom Caught on Nanny Cam | NBC New York

Quote:
the slap on the wrist for child sexual predators absolutely makes me sick.

Just don't download any music illegally or you'll be spending a lot more time than that douche bag. The system is a joke. Has been for quite some time.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote