Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Parking Lot

Old 07-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #316
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

On the other hand... I really liked this game:

LIMBO

- Downloaded off XBox Live ($17).
- Quick game, I finished in a week and wasn't even in full grind mode.
- Cleanest game ever. When you go to How to Play it says "LS move, A jump, B use".
- Puzzles were challenging and some were really hard, but all were fair.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #317
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
I hate watching a game too. If I wanna watch a movie... I'll watch a fckn movie!!

As for new GTA I found this:
Rockstar leaks next GTA Game? | Playstationer.net
I imagine they sum the game up pretty well with this (language maybe NSFW):

Real Life L.A. Noire from Funny Or Die, Bob Turton, CharlesIngram, NickCorirossi, Alex Fernie, and BoTown Sound
Old 07-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #318
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Just letting everyone know I played this game to 100%... and it sux. I played it to 100% only cuz I'm very loyal to Rockstar and the GTA family. But I hated this game.

The graphics and character rendering were the best I've ever seen in a GTA game. The 1940s Los Angeles they created was huge and beautiful. Supposedly they created 90% of the city to scale.

Unfortunately the main missions (cases) are so boring and tedious that it kills the game... and there's nothing else to do!! They use 3 discs and build an amazing open world, but don't let you do a goddamn thing!!

The only time I had some "fun" was hunting for easter eggs and doing the few side missions. In other words, the worst parts of a regular GTA were the best parts of this game.

I would not recommend this game to anyone over 10 years old. It does bode well for the next regular GTA though.
I played it to the end too, but was disappointed as well. I don't want to spoil anything, but I hated how anticlimatic the ending was. It was like they established the real bad guys, and then don't let you go after them. And even though I enjoyed certain aspects of case solving, it felt like you were doing the same thing time after time.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #319
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I played it to the end too, but was disappointed as well. I don't want to spoil anything, but I hated how anticlimatic the ending was. It was like they established the real bad guys, and then don't let you go after them. And even though I enjoyed certain aspects of case solving, it felt like you were doing the same thing time after time.

Sounds like every GTA game to me.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #320
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Sounds like every GTA game to me.
Good point. I love GTA but the missions do get repetitive. I hope they spice it up next time.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:04 AM   #321
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

One of the trophies in this years' Madden will be based off this user video as seen below. I'm only posting this because I think this video is hilarious for some reason. And the guy talking sounds like Ray Lewis haha. Warning - the language is def. NSFW.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #322
Kindoy
The Starter

i think MW3 is going to be a damn good game, but i'm looking forward to Battlefield 3 more.

My gamertag on Xbox360 is Kindoy if anyone is interested me. Add me and let me know who you are & that you're from the warpath!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:29 PM   #323
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I played MW2 like it was going out of style, but I'm going back to Battlefield 3 when it comes out. COD just looks exactly the same, it's all about story in it and they aren't improving on previous versions anymore. Battlefield 3 wins for me because destructible environments are the thing that puts it over the top.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #324
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
i think MW3 is going to be a damn good game, but i'm looking forward to Battlefield 3 more.
I actually just repurchased COD4 Modern Warfare the other day for like $17. Still the best online shooter if you ask me. Seems since MW2 they've made it to complicated and I never really enjoyed the new maps.

In other news I'm starting to consider buying Dead Island. My only concern is that it's one of those Farscape type vague stories where rather then make actual cut scenes the developers just decided to use voice overs in game to move the story along.

Basically if like 99% of the story is told like this opening dialog then I'm going to downgrade it to a rental. Tired of developers skimping on stories then marketing it as "immersive."

Silent Hill Downpour is also coming out as well as Uncharted 3.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #325
mredskins
Gamebreaker

I can't wait for Uncharted 3, probably my favorite gaming franchise of all time.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #326
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I played MW2 like it was going out of style, but I'm going back to Battlefield 3 when it comes out. COD just looks exactly the same, it's all about story in it and they aren't improving on previous versions anymore. Battlefield 3 wins for me because destructible environments are the thing that puts it over the top.
I got burned out on Black Ops a few months ago, tired of the same old, same old. COD needs to do something to shake things up, it's getting stale, though millions would probably disagree with me.

Switched over to Battlefield Bad Co 2 and have been loving life. BF3 is going to be insane. Vehicles, huge maps, and destructible environments = win.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #327
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I got burned out on Black Ops a few months ago, tired of the same old, same old. COD needs to do something to shake things up, it's getting stale, though millions would probably disagree with me.

Switched over to Battlefield Bad Co 2 and have been loving life. BF3 is going to be insane. Vehicles, huge maps, and destructible environments = win.
I bought Battlefield Bad Company way before I ever got on the COD train, and I played it for a while and then forgot about it. Then MW2 came along and I got hooked on that. Got Black Ops for X-mas last year and I barely played it for a couple months.

Then I went back to Battlefield BC and that's been my fps of choice since. The combat is the same, if not better than COD, esp. with destructible buildings and such, the maps are better, there's more teamwork online and you get to drive cool vehicles, which will never happen online in COD. I'm sure we're in the minority here but Battlefield is constantly improving on itself whereas COD is content to keep throwing the same game out there, just set in different eras with different stories, and letting it sell like wildfire.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #328
MTK
\m/

It's funny how people complain about Madden being the same game every year with new rosters, but to me COD is more guilty of pumping out the same game every year with only minor additions/improvements. And then they pump you for even more $$ with the map packs! COD doesn't innovate because they don't have to I guess. They can just keep putting out the same game and people eat it up like crack.

I think BF3 could steal some of COD's thunder, it looks amazing. Plus it's dropping a month before MW3.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #329
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Skyrim
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #330
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It's funny how people complain about Madden being the same game every year with new rosters, but to me COD is more guilty of pumping out the same game every year with only minor additions/improvements. And then they pump you for even more $$ with the map packs! COD doesn't innovate because they don't have to I guess. They can just keep putting out the same game and people eat it up like crack.

I think BF3 could steal some of COD's thunder, it looks amazing. Plus it's dropping a month before MW3.
I bought the two map packs that came out for MW2. I remember sitting there thinking I spent 90 bucks total on a single game, and that I was completely retarded for doing it. I'll never do that again lol. For the hours I put into it, maybe that 90 bucks might've been worth it, but nowadays I just think about all the things I could've used that money for, like 4 months of a gym membership, or how that money could've been put towards my car maintenance, or just something better served. 90 for a game is not worth it.