Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Welcome Carson Wentz

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Initial reaction to trading for Carson Wentz?
Love it 8 12.12%
Hate it 17 25.76%
Don't love it, don't hate it 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2022, 05:17 PM   #316
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

https://sports.yahoo.com/three-quart...194500500.html

"After canvassing the NFL in an attempt to acquire their next franchise quarterback, the Commanders narrowed their options down to Rodgers, Wilson, Wentz, Deshaun Watson, Jimmy Garoppolo and free agent Mitchell Trubisky according to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler."
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-10-2022, 05:22 PM   #317
Swarley
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think he is a bottom half QB. Never liked him. Indy has good wr's and the best back in the league and a very good o-line.

For those of you who are old enough, Wentz reminds me exactly of Jay Schroeder.
They do not have good WR's, they basically have Michael Pittman Jr. and TY who missed a good chunk of the season, and was barely a factor when he did return.

This very good o-line was absolutely terrible at pass pro, way worse than our own team and we barely had starters playing.

but it is what it is I guess, I'll leave it here because I'm sure you've fully made up your mind.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:28 PM   #318
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Welcome Carson Wentz

Hysterical
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:30 PM   #319
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
https://sports.yahoo.com/three-quart...194500500.html

"After canvassing the NFL in an attempt to acquire their next franchise quarterback, the Commanders narrowed their options down to Rodgers, Wilson, Wentz, Deshaun Watson, Jimmy Garoppolo and free agent Mitchell Trubisky according to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler."

Surprised Winston wasn’t on that list.

Has it has been a while since we had a quarterback with a cannon for an arm? I know that isn’t everything, but man it will be nice to see him step into one and at the very least not worry about get it batted down because he is 6 foot tall, or fluttering from the sky to the ground like a baby bird….

I swear it looked like TH was throwing balloons sometimes.

P.S. 10 inch hands so there is that.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:40 PM   #320
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Yeah, must be something there that they don't like. Could be the ACL too.

From that list, I'm ok with their process and decision.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 06:31 PM   #321
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
They do not have good WR's, they basically have Michael Pittman Jr. and TY who missed a good chunk of the season, and was barely a factor when he did return.

This very good o-line was absolutely terrible at pass pro, way worse than our own team and we barely had starters playing.

but it is what it is I guess, I'll leave it here because I'm sure you've fully made up your mind.
Well we shall see. You can throw all the stats out the window, the facts are in a QB starved league two teams kicked him to the curb. Those two teams really didn't or don't have good QB options but they both didn't care and moved on from him. That to me is the most telling thing over any stat. Two NFL former QB's were head coaches of those teams.

Scott needs to roll up his sleeves on this one. If he gets this guy right and somehow get the 2017 Wentz then Scott and Zampese are the MVP's of this team and the trade was a steal. But I doubt that happens.

I'm drafting Garrett Wilson. We are going to need to get another stud wr for Wentz.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:17 PM   #322
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Well we shall see. You can throw all the stats out the window, the facts are in a QB starved league two teams kicked him to the curb. Those two teams really didn't or don't have good QB options but they both didn't care and moved on from him. That to me is the most telling thing over any stat. Two NFL former QB's were head coaches of those teams.

Scott needs to roll up his sleeves on this one. If he gets this guy right and somehow get the 2017 Wentz then Scott and Zampese are the MVP's of this team and the trade was a steal. But I doubt that happens.

I'm drafting Garrett Wilson. We are going to need to get another stud wr for Wentz.
Indy dropping him is perplexing, Philly legit thought Hurts was the next Lamar and they got a 1st rounder for him.

As far as Indy they have options to replace him but need to make this move in order to make the next move to replace him.
Old 03-10-2022, 07:19 PM   #323
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think he complained too much when Hurts was drafted. From the outside looking in, it seems that that people in that organization were split between Hurts and Wentz.
Wentz> Hurts

He has a right to pissed and he showed last year he is better then hurts. Eagles fucked up imo.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:12 PM   #324
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Indy dropping him is perplexing, Philly legit thought Hurts was the next Lamar and they got a 1st rounder for him.

As far as Indy they have options to replace him but need to make this move in order to make the next move to replace him.

There was talk that Irsay was furious Wentz didn’t get the vaccine and it was downhill ever since.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:12 PM   #325
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Wentz> Hurts

He has a right to pissed and he showed last year he is better then hurts. Eagles fucked up imo.

Hurst is as bad as a passer as lamar only difference is Lamar is so explosive it makes up for it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2022, 09:12 PM   #326
HTTR
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
If you're being intellectually honest, you can acknowledge that he still pats the ball and delays throwing it in rhythm, still takes sacks more than most, and he still misses throws which is what got him run out of Philly more than anything else.

But you can also clearly see he can bomb the ball downfield with pretty good accuracy, he can throw off balance, he can still escape, and he's still a pain in the ass to bring to the ground because of his size.

The off balance throws is how he passed for 27 TDs, watch the highlights, so many were off balance. He'll make off schedule plays - Heinicke did that, but more with his legs than anything. Carson can do it by scrambling and throwing 30 yards downfield.

There are positives here but there are also limitations. I actually struggle to see how people hate this move. He's an average quarterback, making average starting quarterback money, and we gave up two picks that turn into average NFL players.

The grade here starts with C for that reason, and if he repeats a 27-7 type of performance for us, it goes up to B or higher. There's no chance we hurt ourselves in the long run - we can cut him at this time next year and carry $0 dead money into 2023.

I think you're upset because you didn't get Russell Wilson, not because you got Carson Wentz.

+1

The harsh reality is that his is what progress looks like for Washington football. At least no one’s accusing Snyder of forcing Wentz on RR.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:19 PM   #327
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
+1

The harsh reality is that his is what progress looks like for Washington football. At least no one’s accusing Snyder of forcing Wentz on RR.
I will also say this was a well kept secret , no whispers to the media or anything.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:52 PM   #328
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
There was talk that Irsay was furious Wentz didn’t get the vaccine and it was downhill ever since.
That makes most sense …
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 11:09 PM   #329
Redskins 2021
Camp Scrub

Could be good or bad. He has never been the same since knee injury. Once Foles won the superbowl he was done in phildelphia. Last year the owner did not like him and his last two games were terrible. This could be good or bad.
Redskins 2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 01:32 AM   #330
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins 2021 View Post
Could be good or bad. He has never been the same since knee injury. Once Foles won the superbowl he was done in phildelphia. Last year the owner did not like him and his last two games were terrible. This could be good or bad.
I welcome the acquisition.