Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-29-2017, 10:33 AM   #316
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
“While it is the first complaint about his behavior in the over 20 years he’s been at NBC News, we were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident.”

Put your thinking cap on...this statement is extremely poorly worded...16 year old written...lol specifically worded for one thing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/b...att-lauer.html

Now go to the comment section and read the sexual harrassment apologists for lauer and nbc. The hypocrisy in the liberal media frightening.
LOL, Chico it's problem without a "political affiliation" no matter how much you try to make it one.

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2017, 10:39 AM   #317
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, Chico it's problem without a "political affiliation" no matter how much you try to make it one.
update: Here comes the trickle G-1:

According to a handful of journalists on Twitter, multiple outlets had been working on exposing Lauer's behavior for months. Elizabeth Wagmeister of Variety, Yashar Ali of HuffPost and the New York Times were all reportedly working on exposés that would've ultimately shed light on the former "Today" anchor's past.

And, Ali alleges, "some top executives at NBC were aware of these stories."

"I, and other reporters, have been aware of several women who have come forward privately in the past few months," he continued. "Even before Weinstein. They weren't willing to go public though...they were terrified of Matt. Matt Lauer put the fear of God into these women. He had relationships with reporters outside NBC that he cultivated just for this purpose. They knew that."

"Lauer is among the worst I've heard about," Ali added. "Not in terms of the kind of misconduct but the way in which he manipulated these women into silence. It's evil, frightening stuff."

everyone fucking knew...

only thing political is the biased the media gives...they pick their side and overlook the obvious.

Chickens are coming home to roost now....the apologists are out in full force now with Lauer. Amazing to see hypocrisy.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #318
MTK
\m/

And yet this all still pales in comparison to President pussy grabber.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #319
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

update: Here comes the trickle G-1:

According to a handful of journalists on Twitter, multiple outlets had been working on exposing Lauer's behavior for months. Elizabeth Wagmeister of Variety, Yashar Ali of HuffPost and the New York Times were all reportedly working on exposés that would've ultimately shed light on the former "Today" anchor's past.

And, Ali alleges, "some top executives at NBC were aware of these stories."

"I, and other reporters, have been aware of several women who have come forward privately in the past few months," he continued. "Even before Weinstein. They weren't willing to go public though...they were terrified of Matt. Matt Lauer put the fear of God into these women. He had relationships with reporters outside NBC that he cultivated just for this purpose. They knew that."

"Lauer is among the worst I've heard about," Ali added. "Not in terms of the kind of misconduct but the way in which he manipulated these women into silence. It's evil, frightening stuff."

everyone fucking knew...

Yet it comes out now?Chico you made the accusation the NBC was " NBC is currently deleting emails and shredding documents...cause they don't want the story out." I want to know the facts to this and how do you know this is happening?
Old 11-29-2017, 11:01 AM   #320
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
And yet this all still pales in comparison to President pussy grabber.
Agreed but you and I know Chico will never admit to that.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:03 AM   #321
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yet it comes out now?Chico you made the accusation the NBC was " NBC is currently deleting emails and shredding documents...cause they don't want the story out." I want to know the facts to this and how do you know this is happening?
Kinda of a metaphor of the reaction from the higher ups...don’t think they are actually doing this, but certainly not out of question.

He Gets Us
Old 11-29-2017, 11:05 AM   #322
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Accusations? Lauer was fired on facts G-1. Everyone wants to know the story, but NBC is currently deleting emails and shredding documents...cause they don't want the story out.
Right, which is why they caused major headline news by dumping him ASAP on the accusations of one person. Solid logic there Chico.

Yes, I'm sure it will come out that he harassed multiple women, and this was NBC doing a pre-emptive strike. But for now all we have is one accuser, which NBC took seriously enough to do something about.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:18 AM   #323
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Agreed but you and I know Chico will never admit to that.
Well the accusations of trump and the actual facts that franken and conyers are both guilty....they probably all 3 will survive. Public vs private.

I think the liberal institutions Hollywood and the National media are actually bigger issue simply b/c they sell a biased opinion of being just/honest/ morally superior as a strategy to influence the country with liberal causes while not pursuing actual facts and stories that impact us all. They follow a political correct, false narrative and when the chickens come home to roost well, speaks to the fact of exactly what’s wrong with these institutions.

How can these institutions take accusations against trump and others when the fact is their own are committing factual, vetted incidents of sexual harassment and rape in some instances? These are legit questions. We should be asking this questions...shouldn’t we? Hollywood and the media...these aren’t glass houses...these are glass empires...

He Gets Us
Old 11-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #324
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Right, which is why they caused major headline news by dumping him ASAP on the accusations of one person. Solid logic there Chico.

Yes, I'm sure it will come out that he harassed multiple women, and this was NBC doing a pre-emptive strike. But for now all we have is one accuser, which NBC took seriously enough to do something about.
Well why did this go on so long? Oh that story is coming...right now they gotta get their stories straight...

Mooby...they all fucking knew.

But yeah, they are trying to get out in front of the story with the firing...”once we knew we fired him” That is leading narrative to the idiots who can say “see nbc is doing the right thing.”
You actually believe that bullshit? Pssshhhhhhh

Come one dude...

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 11-29-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:07 PM   #325
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Matt Lauer Accused of Sexual Harassment by Multiple Women (EXCLUSIVE) – Variety

Wow...first several paragraphs are a lil much

He Gets Us
Old 11-29-2017, 08:46 PM   #326
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Well the accusations of trump and the actual facts that franken and conyers are both guilty....they probably all 3 will survive. Public vs private...
Is this a joke??? Franken and Conyers both admit and apologized trump has not,if this shit show shows anything is that Dems apologize for their screw ups and or mistakes. Has trump?

No instead he threatens the victims,if any dem had done this you would be screaming!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...ct_allegations

What about sexual misconduct allegations against Trump? | MSNBC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.83ec96517bc9

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b03dec8249b7e5

Chico ,you go after the left but fail to acknowledge the exact same issues on the right don't look now but you're a hypocrite.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:48 PM   #327
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

When will the women who marched against Trump start there protest about Conyers?

Fact is it is a problem that goes beyond political affiliation but the public response is absolutely partisan driven.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:09 PM   #328
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Chico I hate arguing with you because you say things like "they all knew" which is just a black and white statement as opposed to going a bit deeper.

If you are someone who works at NBC and you rank below Matt Lauer, you probably heard the rumors or experienced it firsthand. If you knew the rumors, what are you going to do, put your career at jeopardy for trying to expose a wrong? According to the reports, some of the women who experienced this behavior firsthand went to management who looked the other way because Lauer was a cash cow.

So, TL;DR: If you rank below Matt Lauer, probably not much you can do. If you rank above Matt Lauer, you are also despicable for enabling this to happen in favor of the almighty dollar. Obviously they waited until the last minute to fire Lauer because they knew the report was about to break. Your bit about them not wanting the story to come out??? I mean obviously they knew the story was coming out regardless of their personal feelings on it.

Try some critical thinking from time to time Chico, because your knee jerk reactions suck.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:10 PM   #329
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
When will the women who marched against Trump start there protest about Conyers?

Fact is it is a problem that goes beyond political affiliation but the public response is absolutely partisan driven.
I can't fathom for the life of me why people want to make this a partisan issue when the fact remains shitheads abuse their power in despicable ways on both sides of the issue. At least something is being done about it now.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:12 PM   #330
MTK
\m/

The real story should be about the women that now have the courage to come out against these creeps. Unfortunately people would still rather focus on throwing stones at the other side. Sad!