Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins getting heat again over name issue

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Thoughts on the pending Redskins name change?
It’s time, the name is offensive 4 9.52%
I’m tired of hearing about it so change it 17 40.48%
Keep the name at all costs 16 38.10%
No strong opinion either way 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #301
skinsfanmdc
Camp Scrub

Re: Skins getting heat again over name issue

Time for a change. And those saying they will not support the team do to a name change are telling a lie. When they start winning consistently you will be right back on the bandwagon.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ith-dan-snyder
skinsfanmdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #302
The_Hangman_C_Hanburger
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanmdc View Post
Virginia lol. What happened when Virginia tried getting a baseball team? Virginia isn't getting a football team. To bad that won't happen. Baltimore/DC are the best spots for sports teams to be in the DMV, and it will remain that way.
Maryland and DC are bastions of bullshit. Loudon County/Dulles AP area has all the high speed infrastructure to support the team without all the crime that comes from the RFK/ SE Washington area.
The_Hangman_C_Hanburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:55 AM   #303
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

It is no longer the SE from the 1980s
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:01 AM   #304
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hangman_C_Hanburger View Post
Maryland and DC are bastions of bullshit. Loudon County/Dulles AP area has all the high speed infrastructure to support the team without all the crime that comes from the RFK/ SE Washington area.
High speed infrastructure? Metro doesn't go out there and the Toll Road is grid-locked most of the day. Getting out to Loudoun Co might be worse than getting to FedEx.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:22 AM   #305
Jimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Man, that was a joke. The older I get, the less fucks I give about what anyone thinks. Especially when it's clear that all Native Americans are not in agreement about the name.

I don't care that the name is changing because at a certain point, the fight is not worth the effort. We're at that point.
That’s what’s wrong with the younger generation they just don’t fucking care and uneducated they don’t learn history anymore fuck they don’t even know how to write in cursive that’s just what the liberals and the far left wants a bunch of zombies.dumb fuck
Old 07-06-2020, 11:08 AM   #306
skinsfanmdc
Camp Scrub

Quote:
But Virginia doesn't have any of the four major sports do they? Feel dumb now? Virginia lost the nationals to DC and Virginia couldn't get it done. DC is in the top ten for media markets I believe.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:11 AM   #307
Back2RFK
Special Teams

I have followed this issue for years and its really a non issue with most Indians. Its more media driven today then anything else. Remember the big protest they planed several years back in Green Bay and about 6 people showed up. I watched a forum that was held at some place in DC and out of all the speakers only one person was an Indian. Redskin refers to Indians that would put red clay on their faces before they would go into battle. An Indian Chief designed the logo. Most Indians say they are proud or not offended by the name. Its a non issue made into an issue by the media. I hope Dan stands his ground but I'm sure the NFL will get involved if the name is not changed.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:14 AM   #308
skinsfanmdc
Camp Scrub

"Sheehan just said he heard that Dan's favorite name right now is Warriors but that name has to be vetted so its not locked."

It's between Red Tails, and Warriors.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:36 AM   #309
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
But Virginia doesn't have any of the four major sports do they? Feel dumb now? Virginia lost the nationals to DC and Virginia couldn't get it done. DC is in the top ten for media markets I believe.
Montgomery County and PG County comprise 2 million people. Moving the team to VA and driving there for games vs easy access to Baltimore 23 miles up the road? There are finances the team would have to take into consideration. Would they gain more fans moving into VA than they would lose?
Old 07-06-2020, 12:06 PM   #310
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Montgomery County and PG County comprise 2 million people. Moving the team to VA and driving there for games vs easy access to Baltimore 23 miles up the road? There are finances the team would have to take into consideration. Would they gain more fans moving into VA than they would lose?
I honestly think they would. NoVa is just a beast of an area with growth and population boom. Good economics with the fed govt and tech companies.

On the MD side .. lets be real. Ravens are just growing more and more popular. At this point, I think the Skins make more money from VA residents than MD. And its only growing. In 20 years the skins will be so dependent on VA.

It makes sense as well. MD has the Ravens. No secret they add the MD flag into their logo to try and lure MD skins fans. Like when Angelos took Baltimore off the front of their jerseys and put Orioles to be more inviting to DC area fans.

The future of the Skins (or whatever they will be called) is in NoVa. At some point, perhaps 15-30 years from now when DS sells the team, I could see them dropping the "Washington" as well and adopting a Virginia name if not Virginia itself.

First "redskins" is changed.
Second, stadium is moved to VA.
Third, team drops Washington and replaces it with Virginia. Give it 30-40 years imo.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:14 PM   #311
The_Hangman_C_Hanburger
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Feel dumb now?
Piss off. The beltway connects the entire metro area. The land is cheaper and located to the most wealthy Northern Virginia suburbs. Skins are in Richmond/Ashburn already as a training center.

This is a perfect opportunity for Virginia to make an offer. The way the Washington Press and fan base have treated the Skins lately, Dan shouldn't have any compunction if the deal is close. That or do a Baltimore Colts end run and bug out all together. I sure wouldn't blame him.

The Stadium has been the opposing team's home field for years. Disgusting.
The_Hangman_C_Hanburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:18 PM   #312
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I honestly think they would. NoVa is just a beast of an area with growth and population boom. Good economics with the fed govt and tech companies.

On the MD side .. lets be real. Ravens are just growing more and more popular. At this point, I think the Skins make more money from VA residents than MD. And its only growing. In 20 years the skins will be so dependent on VA.

It makes sense as well. MD has the Ravens. No secret they add the MD flag into their logo to try and lure MD skins fans. Like when Angelos took Baltimore off the front of their jerseys and put Orioles to be more inviting to DC area fans.

The future of the Skins (or whatever they will be called) is in NoVa. At some point, perhaps 15-30 years from now when DS sells the team, I could see them dropping the "Washington" as well and adopting a Virginia name if not Virginia itself.

Third, team drops Washington and replaces it with Virginia. Give it 30-40 years imo.

In my Redskins collection is a paperback bio of George Allen. Gives his basic bio and then focuses on the Super Bowl season. Anyway, one part has him inviting the then Governor of Virginia to a practice at then new Redskins Park. When the Gov speaks to the press, he intentionally calls them the "Virginia Redskins."
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #313
skinsfanmdc
Camp Scrub

Quote:

People from Virginia can go to DC or Maryland to watch pro sports. They been doing for a while now anyway.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #314
skinsfanmdc
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Piss off. The beltway connects the entire metro area. The land is cheaper and located to the most wealthy Northern Virginia suburbs. Skins are in Richmond/Ashburn already as a training center.

This is a perfect opportunity for Virginia to make an offer. The way the Washington Press and fan base have treated the Skins lately, Dan shouldn't have any compunction if the deal is close. That or do a Baltimore Colts end run and bug out all together. I sure wouldn't blame him.

The Stadium has been the opposing team's home field for years. Disgusting.
Well as of today no team is in Virginia, and they had several opportunities to get a pro sports franchise. But it looks like right now you haven't beaten out the DC/Baltimore market to get a pro sports team. So what do you have to say about that?
Old 07-06-2020, 01:18 PM   #315
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I could see that especially as that area grows. Once again needing to be smart. You dump the Washington designation you are opening up to a team moving in. It is hard to imagine the NFL being okay without a franchise with Washington being the identity (at least right now).

In the spirit of name changes and thinking of what I think about with Virginia and Virginia residents here are my new name choices.

1. Squires
2. Fancy pants (basically a squire)
3. The Pink Polos