Oh, nice. Found the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NzhQWcc7h4

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2016, 09:50 AM   #302
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Republican nominee for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Did you see this reporter asking Hitler quotes (without telling them) to Trump supporters?

Reporter: "So do you agree with this statement: ______________?"
Trump Supporter: "Absolutely."
Reporter: "That's actually a quote from Hitler."
Trump Supporter: "Well, I don't support Hitler."
Reporter: "If Donald Trump said it, would you still support it?"
Trump Supporter: "Absolutely."

Now, I'm not equating Trump with someone who killed thousands of people, just pointing out the total stupidity of the supporters.
While I get what your saying...you could easily do this with zealous Obama supporters as well.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:53 AM   #303
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Hrm, not to say it wouldn't/couldn't happen, just feel like I haven't seen the same insanity with Obama/Bush/anyone else in the past decade.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #304
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I have a little mixed feelings over the Trump and Bernie support. My obvious feeling, both would be bad for the country. But when I see such outsiders getting a lot of support across the country, it does give me hope that folks outside the typical politician can win support without political machines.

I think that's actually very encouraging.

When we are dealing with Trump and Bernie this fact is widely overlooked by our fuckin jackass media...while they rather get soundbites like supporters saying dumb thing...the fact Bernie and Trump are self funding or getting support off small donations is quite effing amazing. But that doesn't get enough "clicks" I guess.

He Gets Us
Old 03-02-2016, 10:14 AM   #305
over the mountain
Playmaker

Sarah Palin 2.0

If these ultra conservatives really want an ultra conservative -- vote Rand Paul. Of course ultra conservatives would have to actually embrace the true definition of state's rights and not complain when a liberal state implements liberal policies but on the flip side ... Texas, Alabama, Lousianna are all yours.

Truly theatre of the absurd.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:15 AM   #306
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Hrm, not to say it wouldn't/couldn't happen, just feel like I haven't seen the same insanity with Obama/Bush/anyone else in the past decade.
well, you had the videos of people saying things like "now that obama's elected, all our problems are over, i don't have to pay my mortgage..."

there are a lot of dumb people out there.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:18 AM   #307
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I have a little mixed feelings over the Trump and Bernie support. My obvious feeling, both would be bad for the country. But when I see such outsiders getting a lot of support across the country, it does give me hope that folks outside the typical politician can win support without political machines.

When we are dealing with Trump and Bernie this fact is widely overlooked by our fuckin jackass media...while they rather get soundbites like supporters saying dumb thing...the fact Bernie and Trump are self funding or getting support off small donations is quite effing amazing. But that doesn't get enough "clicks" I guess.
donald trump is not self funded. he's put in $250k, and gave him self a 0% interest loan that he'll be using donations (which he IS actively soliciting, check the donation buttons on his website, there are 2 on the front page)) and not his own money to repay that loan.

obama also got a lot of his money from small donors, he pretty much revolutionized that. i'm sure he took big money too though.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #308
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

"ISIS is a JV team"........said laughing in the rose garden by the President while genocide was being committed/still being committed by the group in the middle east.

He Gets Us
Old 03-02-2016, 10:21 AM   #309
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
donald trump is not self funded. he's put in $250k, and gave him self a 0% interest loan that he'll be using donations (which he IS actively soliciting, check the donation buttons on his website, there are 2 on the front page)) and not his own money to repay that loan.

obama also got a lot of his money from small donors, he pretty much revolutionized that. i'm sure he took big money too though.
Your a jackass with that statement. Revolutionzied that? fuckin please

He Gets Us
Old 03-02-2016, 10:35 AM   #310
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
"ISIS is a JV team"........said laughing in the rose garden by the President while genocide was being committed/still being committed by the group in the middle east.
playing political ping pong - bush/cheney paved the groundwork for ISIS by fracturing Iraq/NE syria into rivaling regional sects and for fostering an angry base of people who ISIS were able to recruit by playing to their anger.

basically ISIS tactics = trump/cruz tactics.

They are both taking advantage of an angry demographic who want blood. I read a lot of political forums and the cruz/trump supporters slogan is "locked, loaded and ready".

Such a weird time btw the Tea Party, BLM and all these loud angry extremist groups.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:38 AM   #311
MTK
\m/

Quote:
While I get what your saying...you could easily do this with zealous Obama supporters as well.

Except what has Obama ever said that could be confused with what Hitler said?
Old 03-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #312
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Bernie is raising a shit ton of $$.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:51 PM   #313
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Your a jackass with that statement. Revolutionzied that? fuckin please
yes, jackass, he kind of did. if you can't bother to read, that's a you problem. getting contributions from 3.95 million different donors in one cycle isn't exactly common. he also didn't take money from PACs or registered lobbyists, though he did take a lot of money from big donors. (some quotes)

Quote:
According to the Campaign Finance Institute analysis, 55,755 people gave more than $200 to the Obama campaign in the first six months of this year.
That is at least double the number of donors for every other candidate — Republican or Democrat — except for Clinton, who had 36,307 donors.
During the same six-month period in 2003, President Bush had 19,289 donors who’d given more than $200, and Kerry had 9,862, the institute found.
Yet those figures only scratch the surface of Obama’s strength. His campaign says — and other camps don’t dispute — that its total number of donors as of June 30 was 258,000.
That means about 202,000 people gave him less than $200 in the first six months of this year.
Small change? Think again. According to campaign financial disclosure reports, Clinton raised $4 million from donations under $200, and Romney reported $3 million.
Edwards’ small checks amounted to $5 million and Republican front-runner Rudy Giuliani gathered less than a million from the little guys.
In contrast, Obama raised $16.4 million, or 29 percent, of his record-breaking second-quarter total of $57 million from those small donors

Read more: Small donors rewrite fundraising handbook - POLITICO
Quote:
Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt said in an e-mail that the campaign had more than 3.95 million donors, and "91% of our contributions were in amounts of $100 or less. … There's no doubt that small-dollar contributors played a critical and unprecedented role" in Obama's victory.

The study said Obama brought in a total $638 million, the most ever raised in a political campaign, compared with $206 million by McCain, who accepted $84.1 million in taxpayer financing for the general election. Obama reported 580,000 donors who gave more than $200.

Donors giving $200 or less need not be disclosed, but the difference between the number of donors provided by the Obama campaign and the number reported in federal election records shows there were about 3.4 million of them.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:18 PM   #314
That Guy
Living Legend

the ISIS thing is a result of a number of problems:

1) involving ourselves in a war under false pretenses (iraq was not a real threat to the US, and whatever threat it posed was less dangerous than the current situation).
2) assigning bremer to run things with 0 middle east experience and letting him make bad decisions like
3) telling the entire security and governing apparatus of the country they were not only fired but they would never have a part in running the new iraq (these were the guys that actually knew how to keep the lights on and fight people).

--now you've got 500,000 well trained, unemployed, angry iraqi veterans with nothing to do, a lot of which joined militias and caused problems until the surge where they were put back on the payroll, until they stopped getting paid, when they started causing problems again.

4) appointing an exiled sectarian guy as the head of the country, who immediately starts running kill squads and excluding sunni's from any kind of leadership role, regardless of qualifications.

5) the iraqis voted in a non sectarian head in 2010, but he was unable to form a majority governing coalition, and obama kind of bucked their constitutional process and left maliki in charge, who kept up with sectarian policies and drove the country right over the cliff.

sunni militias formed in response to the shia militias that are part of iraqi's security forces. they welcomed isis at the time, because they saw america as siding with the shia groups that were killing them.

3) was probably bush's biggest mistake, 5 was obama's. they both made terrible foreign policy decisions.

now we have a situation where we're trying to leverage the shia fundamentalists groups that have infiltrated the entire government security force against the sunni fundamentalists in ISIS. it doesn't matter who wins, we'll still have a country full of fundamentalists fully armed with US weapons. we're literally giving billions of dollars to iraqi's who are fighting under the direction of tehran right now. it makes no sense.

Last edited by That Guy; 03-06-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:42 PM   #315
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

What a disaster for Rubio. What a flipping disaster. Who in their right mind would vote for trump.

Hog, did you vote today?

He Gets Us