Fantasy Tips

Fantasy Football

Old 12-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #301
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: Fantasy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
yeah Hightower is not a bad play this week IMO...

Out of the three Forte scares me the most, he is so up and down.

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #302
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Out of the three Forte scares me the most, he is so up and down.
Yeah, he really depends on how Cutler plays. He has quietly had a good season all together. His numbers remind of Jamaal Charles or Ray Rice. These guys get there points with yards gains with rushing and receiving. He is not as good as Charles or Rice, but at least he gets the goal line carries Charles and Rice dont get.

Hightower has games where he disappears as well, but his match up is better against Carolina, I just think Chicago is going to play better after their thrashing last game and now they will be playin in their element in minny.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #303
mredskins
Gamebreaker

OK one more...Cards D vs CAR or Packers D vs. Pats or or or Bucs D vs Loins.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #304
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
OK one more...Cards D vs CAR or Packers D vs. Pats or or or Bucs D vs Loins.
Ive picked up in 2 leagues the Tampa D vs the Lions this weekend. Dont start Packers against Pats. I just dont trust the Cards D and on the road...

He Gets Us
Old 12-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #305
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Ive picked up in 2 leagues the Tampa D vs the Lions this weekend. Dont start Packers against Pats. I just dont trust the Cards D and on the road...

Just beware last week the Bucs lost McCoy and Black for the season and the Loins offense is no slouch. I am going to roll the dice on AZ against an awful awful CAR O and it will be raining.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #306
Mechanix544
The Starter

Id take AZ against Carolina hand down all day and twice on sunday against the other two games, especially with TB really thin and wore down on the defensive side of the ball.

And if you were even FATHOMING starting the Packers defense against Brady and his pats, well, lets just say I really hope you dont. Its been, what, 8 or 9 weeks since he has thrown an INT? And their team is averaging over 34 ppg over that span?????? They are out of their minds right now.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #307
mredskins
Gamebreaker

so i rolled with tolbert and got 10 points, that is good. So now do I stick with forte or go with hightower, so many decisions.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #308
mredskins
Gamebreaker

The real killer was Vincent Jackson i held him in my back pocket for so long but due to injuries i had to release him; of course he blew up last night!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:28 AM   #309
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
so i rolled with tolbert and got 10 points, that is good. So now do I stick with forte or go with hightower, so many decisions.

Hightower with the big 5 points, that is ok I had Vick as well with 53 points. I am up 101 points with the other guy only having AP going.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #310
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Just lost in the first round of the playoffs 106.32 to 105.08 in my pay league. F*ck Vernon Davis and his f*cking 4 yards receiving Thursday nite. Then my buddy text me this morning..."that was a good game" who beat me. how bout you f*ck off.

He Gets Us
Old 12-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #311
mredskins
Gamebreaker

I am in my money league SB again for the second straight year. I won it all last year hoping to repeat this year.

The guy I will play lives and dies on Foster and Andrea Johnson.

The AZ DST over Packers DST was a smart move as well.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #312
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Just thought I'd share this week's craziness that is fantasy football:

Round 1 of the playoffs had me limping in after losing the last three weeks. My receivers suck (Knox, Harvin, Royal, Crabtree) but my two RBs, Hillis and Johnson, have carried me with adequate support from Shaub and Vernon Davis. I'm playing the #1 guy who just dominated the regular season (1 loss). I figure a quick exit for me and I can enjoy the last two weeks of normal football w/o checking up on how few points my receivers are getting me. As it turns out, the guy had TO, Moreno,Reggie Wayne all contribute about 10 total points. I'm sitting there with a 40 point lead. My 3 guys remaining are Pittsburgh, Nick Folk and Johnny Knox. He has Tom Brady, Aaron Hernandez and Chicago. I figure just get me decent points and I should be good to go. The only bad thing is if the Jets score more than 20 and Brady only throws TD passes to Aaron Hernandez...guess-muthin-fudgin-what!!! We are basically tied with his Chicago versus my Johnny Knox. Basically, his defense versus a 3rd string rookie with no NFL starts and my receiver playing in possible blizzard-like conditions.

I hate (loving) fantasy football!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #313
jdlea
Playmaker

Just thought I'd throw in my current results:

I just played in Round 1 of my playoffs and won the game by .04 points.

My lineup:
QB P. Rivers
RB M. Jones-Drew
RB J. Charles
WR C. Johnson
WR S. Johnson
TE D. Keller (because of Gates injury)
WR/RB R. Torain
K D. Carpenter
DEF Steelers
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #314
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Lot of folks on here play the Super Bowl right into week 17, ours is this week.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:04 AM   #315
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
Just thought I'd share this week's craziness that is fantasy football:

Round 1 of the playoffs had me limping in after losing the last three weeks. My receivers suck (Knox, Harvin, Royal, Crabtree) but my two RBs, Hillis and Johnson, have carried me with adequate support from Shaub and Vernon Davis. I'm playing the #1 guy who just dominated the regular season (1 loss). I figure a quick exit for me and I can enjoy the last two weeks of normal football w/o checking up on how few points my receivers are getting me. As it turns out, the guy had TO, Moreno,Reggie Wayne all contribute about 10 total points. I'm sitting there with a 40 point lead. My 3 guys remaining are Pittsburgh, Nick Folk and Johnny Knox. He has Tom Brady, Aaron Hernandez and Chicago. I figure just get me decent points and I should be good to go. The only bad thing is if the Jets score more than 20 and Brady only throws TD passes to Aaron Hernandez...guess-muthin-fudgin-what!!! We are basically tied with his Chicago versus my Johnny Knox. Basically, his defense versus a 3rd string rookie with no NFL starts and my receiver playing in possible blizzard-like conditions.

I hate (loving) fantasy football!
Yeah, first time around for me. Even though I'm in spot 5, so no playoffs, still playin it. Really really a back and forth weekend. At the end of the 1 o'clock games, I had JC, Janikowski and Chicago's D, He had Aaron Hernandez and was up by I think 10, after Oakland played, I was up by a little, and thinking I should be good unless Hernandez has a big game. One game and 15.88 points later, I need Chicago's D to get more than 9.25 points, and they give up a TD on the first drive, arrgh. then they got sacks/to's and were up to 10pts, and Webb runs in for a TD(really Chicago?!?).

I ended up winning by 6, BUT it was a real good back and forth game!

(Now I face the guy who has beat me twice, my first game ever he creamed me by 60+ points, and the rematch he eeked out a win by .32 in the last 2 minutes of the philly chicago game)

It's been fun!

Question though, it seems like the playoffs are a bit odd. I was talking to a friend, and thought about some sort of playoff draft, where the players who are on teams that are completely out of it can be redrafted by the teams in contention based on end of regular season. So in my league, VJax is on a team that is out, so if a "playoff draft" were held, the #1 seeded team would have a chance to pick him up. Also seems like you could have a way to make up in case you have a superstar who is being rested.

Just curious.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote