Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 03-23-2020, 12:33 PM   #301
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
Where did you hear that? I'm in the process today of getting my staff (a whopping 2 people) set up to work from home.
I heard from a pharmacist over the weekend and heard from a second source this morning

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2020, 12:39 PM   #302
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Well .. im to a degree a decision "influencer" in my office. Staff has been put on staggered hours last week so that there are less people working close to each other in their cubicles.

Im trying to get the boss to pay them for 30 hours a week even though they would only work 20.

Now, with Hogans order, I think our business is not essential and should be shut down. Boss says we are closed to the public/clients but we can still come in and maintain our staggered hours schedule.
Yes, but is it providing a service to essential businesses? If I was in Maryland they would not shut me down as I am a small machine shop and make parts for food processing and medical applications, of course that is only a small percentage of my business. I would be considered essential. I would assume all my vendors would be considered essential also as without them I could not continue to operate if I could not get supplies. I really think most business could beat the cases in court if it was a gray area whether they should shut down or not.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:50 PM   #303
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Think about it. You went out just to buy charcoal. That is not a necessity, pretty sure you own another means to cook your food. That being said you have no right to complain about people casually browsing the store. You could be leaving your germs all over the place if you are infected. I don't have a problem with your physical actions or of the others in the store, just your hypocrisy.
No Hypocrisy here. Our oven needs to be replaced and will shut off for hours at a time. I thought it was fixed but Friday night it shut down again. Sometimes it will come back on if I throw the main breaker but sometimes not. My biggest point I was trying to make is that people were not just running in buying what they needed and getting out the were just casually browsing around. This is the first time I have ventured from home and was very surprised.

Sure I could be infected but before I went into the stores I cleaned my hands. I also wiped down the cart and I made sure to stay 6 or more feet from people. When I realized people were not taking an precautions I turned around and left.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:17 PM   #304
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
No Hypocrisy here. Our oven needs to be replaced and will shut off for hours at a time. I thought it was fixed but Friday night it shut down again. Sometimes it will come back on if I throw the main breaker but sometimes not. My biggest point I was trying to make is that people were not just running in buying what they needed and getting out the were just casually browsing around. This is the first time I have ventured from home and was very surprised.

Sure I could be infected but before I went into the stores I cleaned my hands. I also wiped down the cart and I made sure to stay 6 or more feet from people. When I realized people were not taking an precautions I turned around and left.
Electric or gas oven? They are pretty simple devices, with any DIY skills and basic tools they are easy to fix. Unless of course you have a high end model that has a touch screen and circuit boards in it. This forum has a lot of very knowledgeable people in a boat load of categories.

https://www.doityourself.com/
Old 03-23-2020, 01:29 PM   #305
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Electric or gas oven? They are pretty simple devices, with any DIY skills and basic tools they are easy to fix. Unless of course you have a high end model that has a touch screen and circuit boards in it. This forum has a lot of very knowledgeable people in a boat load of categories.

https://www.doityourself.com/
I'm pretty much a DIY guy. Its the mother board that is acting up. From what I found its a known issue and no real fix and no recall. When cooking moist food that creates steam it some how get into where the main board is located and cause it to shut down. They recommended replacing the door gasket but that helped but didn't fix the problem. Its been working fine until Friday night when it cut off again.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:42 PM   #306
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
I'm pretty much a DIY guy. Its the mother board that is acting up. From what I found its a known issue and no real fix and no recall. When cooking moist food that creates steam it some how get into where the main board is located and cause it to shut down. They recommended replacing the door gasket but that helped but didn't fix the problem. Its been working fine until Friday night when it cut off again.
Are you sure it isn't the steam getting into a connection with the motherboard somewhere causing the problem. I operate computer controlled machines, if any moisture finds it's way into any of the multi-pin connections the things will go crazy. It also could be a simple problem of over heating, is there a cpu fan, or another fan they may have stopped working?

For what it's worth my clothes dryer died for the 3rd time. Fortunately it isn't a top of the line model and has no circuit boards. Last two times it was failed thermal overload elements. Can't be that because I bypassed them. I will get to it in a couple days when the gout in my wrist clears up.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:46 PM   #307
SunnySide
Playmaker

So maryland is NOT on a lock down?

Just certain businesses are ordered closed like shoe stores.

I can drive to the grocery store. I can drive to visit my mom.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:58 PM   #308
SunnySide
Playmaker

NY is turning into Italy.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:36 PM   #309
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
NY is turning into Italy.
It also has leapt into NJ with them adding 1000 cases today.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:40 PM   #310
MTK
\m/

Keep in mind more testing = more positive cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2020, 03:54 PM   #311
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Are you sure it isn't the steam getting into a connection with the motherboard somewhere causing the problem. I operate computer controlled machines, if any moisture finds it's way into any of the multi-pin connections the things will go crazy. It also could be a simple problem of over heating, is there a cpu fan, or another fan they may have stopped working?

For what it's worth my clothes dryer died for the 3rd time. Fortunately it isn't a top of the line model and has no circuit boards. Last two times it was failed thermal overload elements. Can't be that because I bypassed them. I will get to it in a couple days when the gout in my wrist clears up.
Yes, moisture is getting to the mother board and affecting it in some way. Its a known issue with our oven but it was never recalled. Its not over heating. It works just fine then cuts off the controls will light up but you cannot program anything. Sometimes when you flip the breaker it will work again.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:56 PM   #312
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

It’s like we can’t even remember last week anymore.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:25 PM   #313
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Yes, moisture is getting to the mother board and affecting it in some way. Its a known issue with our oven but it was never recalled. Its not over heating. It works just fine then cuts off the controls will light up but you cannot program anything. Sometimes when you flip the breaker it will work again.
If the board itself is properly made and hasn't been damaged condensation on the outside should not effect the pathways. It is probably shorting out at one of the connections. Any chance you could clean all the connections real good with contact cleaner, let them air dry, then use some non conductive liquid electrical tape to keep the moisture out?
Old 03-23-2020, 04:25 PM   #314
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

I know they just need to stop testing.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:37 PM   #315
Back2RFK
Special Teams

[QUOTE=Buffalo Bob;1247809]If the board itself is properly made and hasn't been damaged condensation on the outside should not effect the pathways. It is probably shorting out at one of the connections. Any chance you could clean all the connections real good with contact cleaner, let them air dry, then use some non conductive liquid electrical tape to keep the moisture out?[/QUOT

I'm sure I can I've replaced one in a clothes dryer. These new Appliances are crap.