Parkland Shooting

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-08-2022, 09:40 PM   #301
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: Parkland Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post

Still think my ideas of incentivizing the sale and development of smart weapons(which is essentially banned in this country), gun safes, better locks and training are good ones.
This only prevents accidental shootings.

Dear prolifers, children are dying from gun violence, what are you going to do about it? Nothing!

Unless black people arm themselves because you’re totally not scared of black people.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-09-2022, 12:59 AM   #302
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
This only prevents accidental shootings.

Dear prolifers, children are dying from gun violence, what are you going to do about it? Nothing!

Unless black people arm themselves because you’re totally not scared of black people.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act
It also mitigates someone else using a different person's weapon. Sandy Hook could have been prevented this way and criminal use of stolen weapons. That said it is only a mitigation as I said it is an incentive to buy these systems not ban other weapons. My idea would be no sales taxes on this type of equipment.

As for your second comment - I do admit I'm scared of my wife.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 08:16 AM   #303
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I was a bit irritated when I posted this. I was just coming off a discussion with one of my coworkers who was convinced an outsized proportion of homicides were committed with "assault rifles" and wouldn't accept that approximately 90% were actually committed using handguns (close to 95% of firearm deaths overall). I think too much attention and energy is focused on trying to ban AR15s (I'd be all for raising the age to purchase and own them to 21/use requiring someone over 21 being present) but focus should be on how to reduce number deaths where handguns are used.

Still think my ideas of incentivizing the sale and development of smart weapons(which is essentially banned in this country), gun safes, better locks and training are good ones.

We should distinguish between homicides and mass shootings.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:39 PM   #304
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/13/11045...-guns-teachers
Found this to be a typical American politician approach to a problem. Let's go with the cheapest and least safe methodology to enhance school safety. Lower the required 700 hours of training to "not to exceed" 24 hours for teachers to carry guns in school. Aside from the decrease in actual quality, arming teachers is idiotic. The cost of getting an actual trained police officer in the building should not be a cost we should be willing to ignore as a society yet here Ohio is. Average public school size in Ohio? 488. Average salary of a police officer in Ohio $69,000. Even if the taxes only go up on parents that is less than $150 per year per a child. Isn't that better than arming someone with less than 24 hours of training?
Old 06-15-2022, 11:12 AM   #305
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We should distinguish between homicides and mass shootings.
True but then that changes the agenda of the anti gun control.

Just a point of interest here. We passed a Bill protecting the the SC Justice's faster then we pass one to protection our children in school ,think about that.
Old 06-15-2022, 11:29 AM   #306
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Found this to be a typical American politician approach to a problem. Let's go with the cheapest and least safe methodology to enhance school safety. Lower the required 700 hours of training to "not to exceed" 24 hours for teachers to carry guns in school. Aside from the decrease in actual quality, arming teachers is idiotic. The cost of getting an actual trained police officer in the building should not be a cost we should be willing to ignore as a society yet here Ohio is. Average public school size in Ohio? 488. Average salary of a police officer in Ohio $69,000. Even if the taxes only go up on parents that is less than $150 per year per a child. Isn't that better than arming someone with less than 24 hours of training?
The fact we're ok with arming teachers is just a fucking shit show... 24 hours of training? Why don't we just start letting people fly planes based on taking a 5 hour online safety course.

And who is supposed to pay for these guns and training? Teachers often buy their own supplies as it is and now they have to buy a gun and pay for training? We're such a dumb fucking country.
Old 06-15-2022, 12:36 PM   #307
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The fact we're ok with arming teachers is just a fucking shit show... 24 hours of training? Why don't we just start letting people fly planes based on taking a 5 hour online safety course.

And who is supposed to pay for these guns and training? Teachers often buy their own supplies as it is and now they have to buy a gun and pay for training? We're such a dumb fucking country.
There was an article about how over 50% of all Teachers were thinking of quitting during the pandemic because parents and the Public in general has such low opinion of Teaching and now you want to arm them? That's fucking nuts. So who wants to take bets on the first student shot and killed by a Teacher and where it's gonna be?
Old 06-15-2022, 12:37 PM   #308
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
So their answer is,........................more gunsThat's a real surprise there.
Old 06-15-2022, 12:40 PM   #309
MTK
\m/

Who would want to be a teacher these days? Parents are nut cases that question everything being taught, and they have to deal with the very real threat of mass shootings all while being underpaid and totally under appreciated? Yeah no thanks.
Old 06-15-2022, 12:55 PM   #310
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Who would want to be a teacher these days? Parents are nut cases that question everything being taught, and they have to deal with the very real threat of mass shootings all while being underpaid and totally under appreciated? Yeah no thanks.
I have three in the family. the shit they see and that parents put the kids and Teachers through is amazing. I pay for the snacks for all three because some parents don't even send a lunch to school for their kids. It's a private school and there are no (hot government supplied lunches). We have paid for uniforms , supplies in general and two of them have been dragged into court to testify in custody battles over the kids. My Daughter had to Teach virtually from her classroom instead of home like everyone else because one Mother was afraid to leave the child with her "boyfriend" at home.. Add in they must maintain certification so they constantly are taking course's that they pay for out of their own pockets and thanks to trump can no longer claim that as an expense because he raised the standard deduction. That's just the cliffnotes!
Old 06-16-2022, 09:11 AM   #311
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
you get summers off.
Old 06-16-2022, 09:15 AM   #312
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
you get summers off.
Good point, plenty of time to learn how to shoot

Or find another job
Old 06-16-2022, 11:32 AM   #313
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Good point, plenty of time to learn how to shoot

Or find another job
i was trying to find a silver lining =)
Old 06-16-2022, 12:00 PM   #314
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Don’t forget being attacked by the students, that’s more prevalent than the other things.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 12:07 PM   #315
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/el-mont...county-ambush/

2 police officers "essentially ambushed," shot and killed in Los Angeles County

https://nypost.com/2022/06/16/woke-l...s-of-two-cops/

Bill Melugin
@BillFOXLA
NEW: Per sources, the gang member who fatally shot two El Monte PD officers last night was on probation for felon w/ a firearm after he received a bare minimum sentence in plea deal under LA DA
@GeorgeGascon last year, despite having a previous strike on his record.

Law enforcement sources tell me Justin William Flores had a previous strike conviction in 2011 for PC 459, but that he still received the absolute bare minimum sentence for his felon in possession of a gun charges last year in accordance w/ Gascon policies. 2 years probation.

Fuck your control laws until you start locking up the criminals who get arrested breaking the law with an illegal gun. Seriously what the fuck?

What’s the input here? Probation for a convicted felon? Really, is this justice?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote