Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Parking Lot

Old 06-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #301
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Domino’s Tests Flying Pizza Drone [Video] - PSFK

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #302
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Taylor Chapman Films Own Racist, Awful Rant At Dunkin' Donuts

DO people not think before they do stupid shit? That's rhetorical.
Why does or society put up with this crap? We need a little more ruthlessness towards these type of people.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #303
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Worst of. Hopefully these 20 + scumbags have a very short future:

Teen who was raped by up to 20 men after homecoming dance testifies for first time telling jury she still bears scars from brutal attack

She had a blood alcohol level of .35 - four times the legal limit - and has no memory of the attack.

On Tuesday, the father of the girl also revealed the horrifying moment he received a vulgar call from his daughter's cell phone from one of her attackers boasting how good she was at sex.

There is no place bad enough for anyone involved in this attack. Makes me feel physically sick.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #304
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Oh, and this shit too:

I hope the photographer never gets another gig for being an insensitive non-inclusive bastard.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #305
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

One of the good guys:

Redskins Josh Morgan for all his philanthropic endeavors.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #306
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Oh, and this shit too:

I hope the photographer never gets another gig for being an insensitive non-inclusive bastard.
jeez that's just awful, look at the kid just smiling away too

heart breaker
Old 06-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #307
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
jeez that's just awful, look at the kid just smiling away too

heart breaker
I can see the problem the photographer faced, how to get the motorized scooter close enough to the rest of the kids on the bleachers.

Seems he set up the class on the seats and then tried to figure out how to get the scooter as close as he could.

Hey idiot, it's called you don't need to use the bleachers. Let all the other kids stand around behind him.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #308
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Oh, and this shit too:

Lets be fair here as you can see the chair is moved as close as they can get it to the bench sticking out. They could have given it more thought but that's only if they even noticed it like the mother of the child would notice. When we did pics and school they rushed you in and rushed you out and I'm sure in hine sight they wish it was done differently. If they would have moved the kid over on to the bench and something happened what do you think the mom would be saying about that?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #309
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I can see the problem the photographer faced, how to get the motorized scooter close enough to the rest of the kids on the bleachers.

Seems he set up the class on the seats and then tried to figure out how to get the scooter as close as he could.

Hey idiot, it's called you don't need to use the bleachers. Let all the other kids stand around behind him.
I can see several options without even trying. The teacher could stand behind the one child, and would have some unifying effect. They could have not used bleachers. They could have made a front standing row with him in it, and stand on each row instead of sitting. Ultimately it was a lousy job by the photographer, and that he/she didn't realize it is just a little sad.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #310
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
One of the good guys:

Redskins Josh Morgan for all his philanthropic endeavors.
June 20th is Josh Morgan Day!

We need more Redskins like him. Well played!

Yes, I just quoted myself.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #311
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Lets be fair here as you can see the chair is moved as close as they can get it to the bench sticking out. They could have given it more thought but that's only if they even noticed it like the mother of the child would notice. When we did pics and school they rushed you in and rushed you out and I'm sure in hine sight they wish it was done differently. If they would have moved the kid over on to the bench and something happened what do you think the mom would be saying about that?
I agree with you and here is the kicker the person it matters the most too (the boy in the wheel chair) is smiling away so obviously he didn't feel bad about it.

The hard cold fact is he is different then the other kids because of his disability; so yeah at times it will be hard to treat him as a "normal" child.

Two good/funny comments from the article:

he's lucky, the poor kids on the bleacher were born without faces

I just showed the picture to my seven year old and asked her what she thought of the it. She said "he has a really nice smile...and those kids faces look funny". That's all a small child thinks of it. Adults often blow things out of proportion.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #312
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
School pictures are big money now. Lifetouch, the company that did these, charges crazy prices for even basic pics, and they have upgrades out the wazoo. the open space on the bench is the same as in front of the teacher so at the least they could have shifted the one child to the left of the teacher (as you look at the picture) and it would have been a simple inclusion, but recognition of his disability. As it is, the outsider effect is only magnified by him having to stretch over instead of sitting straight up. The photographer should have been reprimanded, and a redone setting arranged (imo).
Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #313
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Lifetouch's vision statement
Quote:
Vision & Values
Our vision and values are directly tied to the quality of our services.
Vision

The men and women of Lifetouch share the vision to be the leading employee-owned photographic company providing innovative products and services that capture the spirit of today and preserve the memories of tomorrow.
Values

A straightforward vision statement is embraced throughout the Lifetouch organization.

We care about people – employees, customers, and other partners as individuals, treating them respectfully and dutifully. We strive for integrity in all aspects of our business, including associations with other people, products and services that fulfill our customers’ expectations, promotion and financial reporting.

We are committed to excellence and total customer satisfaction in our performance and pledge to professionally carry out our responsibilities.
I don't see that photo as treating the child respectfully.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #314
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
School pictures are big money now. Lifetouch, the company that did these, charges crazy prices for even basic pics, and they have upgrades out the wazoo. the open space on the bench is the same as in front of the teacher so at the least they could have shifted the one child to the left of the teacher (as you look at the picture) and it would have been a simple inclusion, but recognition of his disability. As it is, the outsider effect is only magnified by him having to stretch over instead of sitting straight up. The photographer should have been reprimanded, and a redone setting arranged (imo).
I honestly think you are blowing it out of proportion.

What pains my heart in that picture is that child or any child for that matter has to live with a disability like that one.

What warms my heart in that picture is his smile; regardless of his situation he is still smiling.

His teacher and/or his class have made a happy environment for him. No kid smiles like that that is upset. Kids can't really fake their emotions.

Could have things been done to make him more included in the photo? Sure but does it really matter if he was still smiling.

Also to add I pork his teacher.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #315
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Lifetouch's vision statement

I don't see that photo as treating the child respectfully.
Dude you got 3 kids you know what it is like on picture day at school or sports. They hustle them in they hustle them out. It is crazy. Photographers don't have all day to complicate everyone's feelings.

My son's baseball picture this year has one kid laying down in the front and another refused to open his eyes. I was there when the pic was taken they did all they could do to "fix" those kids but time constraints made them just go with the flow. Actually it is a kind of funny photo.