Skins vs Pats - Game day thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-09-2015, 11:05 AM   #301
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Skins vs Pats - Game day thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I should add that what disappoints me about yesterday's loss was our complete inability to earn any respect. I've played on teams going up against much better opponents with no real prospects of winning. Our coaches emphasized hustle, hitting people, and earning respect so at the end of the game, at least you've made the better team earn it. Didn't see any hint of that yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
exactly...yes the Patriots are an amazingly great team. But im pretty pissed at the performance. From the start of the game we werent competitive.

For those who say they were positives...can you name one? I saw really zero from both sides of the ball. I think Jay showed alot incompetence coming off the bye.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-09-2015, 11:15 AM   #302
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
exactly...yes the Patriots are an amazingly great team. But im pretty pissed at the performance. From the start of the game we werent competitive.

For those who say they were positives...can you name one? I saw really zero from both sides of the ball. I think Jay showed alot incompetence coming off the bye.
I thought Kurt looked pretty good. Not much he can do when everyone drops the ball.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:22 AM   #303
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The offense looked terrible. I still think the defense did a decent job. What the defense did would have seen relevant if the offense actually did something earlier in the game.

By the way, I'd be curious to know what is our total number of points off turnovers. We had two turnovers in the first half and only managed to come up with a meager three points.

The offense looked terrible because they dropped atleast 5 passes that would have extended drives? Kind of hard to get in any sort of rhythm that way. The short to medium passing game has been our bread and butter lately. KC looked very good, and the pass pro was stellar? I wouldnt call that terrible I would call it sloppy hands. The defense did a decent job except that they gave up 300 yards through the air and 161 on the ground to the tune of 4.4 ypc!!! Im not sure we watched the same game on Sunday. Those two turnovers that resulted in three points were both drives that were ended with dropped passes.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #304
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Once again you are completely disregarding atleast 5 drives that were stopped due to dropped balls. That is huuuge. Its almost half of our possessions. How in thee hell is that incompetent on J's part? Our pass pro was stellar - KC had all day, and played exceptionally well. You simply cannot give up plays due to drops against a team like the Pats. A couple drops in a game is normal. 8 is bizzaro. It will change the outcome of a game.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:28 AM   #305
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Kirk was real good, he came to play. His receivers really let him down today - early and often. Like Jay said, a lot of 'nerves'. I think they knew they had to play a perfect game and it got in their head. In my opinion, Crowder is the only receiver that came to play today...

The O-line was real good in pass protection, still unable to get the running game going, but when you find yourself down by 17 points - the running game mostly takes a back seat so it's hard to judge if any progress was made on that front.

Still can't stop the run, but for the most part I thought the D played pretty decent given how beat up they are, guys coming off of and playing with injuries. That moon ball put up by Brady - I couldn't believe that ended up a completion. Aside from that real bad play, they held the Patriots to field goals a couple times, and held them to their lowest point total so far this season, so I'm encouraged by that.

I didn't expect them to win. I wasn't going to be THAT surprised if they pulled out an upset, but the fact that they didn't, doesn't change my opinion of the team. Despite the 17 point loss to the Champs, I think this team is still on the way up.

The silver lining to me is this was a loss to an AFC team. The team has only lost two NFC games, and still have four division games to go. Not saying that it will happen, but they still have the opportunity to go 5-1 in the division.

Bottom line - put this one behind you, go take care of NO, and start to build some momentum for the stretch run.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:43 PM   #306
calia
Playmaker

Kirk and the O-line (pass protection only) were bright spots -- nothing else. On the sack that they got of cousins, Moses literally fell asleep -- I think the DE nearly had his hands on Cousins before Moses got out of his stance. It was like Albert Haynesworth flaccid. Very odd because he otherwise had an excellent game (and has been one of the nicer surprises this season).

It concerns me that the team was so flat after the bye week. Seems inexplicable to me when you're playing the world champs -- usually, teams have that game circled on the schedule and want to make a statement. I'd rather not think about the statement that the lackluster performance yesterday represents.

Still, I'd rather be us than the 2-6 Cowpukes! That would be true regardless of the record, and I know that the Eagles losing would have been better for us, but given that I think there's no real chance we make the playoffs (insert your Coach Mora .gif file here), I'd like to see Dallas lose no matter what.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:19 PM   #307
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The offense looked terrible. I still think the defense did a decent job. What the defense did would have seen relevant if the offense actually did something earlier in the game.

By the way, I'd be curious to know what is our total number of points off turnovers. We had two turnovers in the first half and only managed to come up with a meager three points.
The defense sucks. Period. They have been getting slit open like a fish on the run now for several weeks in a row. The Pats have a make shift line, no reason to get gutted on the run like that. Yeah they're getting turnovers but that still doesn't mean they're good. It should have been worse, Lewis flat out dropped a easy TD.

The offense sucks too btw, I just don't get your constant sticking up for the guys on D. They are playing like bums.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:04 PM   #308
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Perry Riley needs to ride the pine.... Zero tackles for an ILB on a 3-4 defense!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...erry-riley-jr/

Inside linebacker
Keenan Robinson – 66 snaps (82 percent)
Will Compton – 52 snaps (65 percent)
Perry Riley Jr. – 49 snaps (61 percent)
Mason Foster – five snaps (six percent)

Riley struggled at the start of the game, which led to the Redskins relying more on Compton. Compton led the team with 10 tackles, while Riley failed to record a tackle in 49 snaps. Robinson caught just the second interception thrown by Patriots quarterback Tom Brady this season. Washington conceded 460 total yards, allowing 6.1 yards per play.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #309
rome108
Special Teams

Kurt looked good, or at least potentially, we'll never know where those dropped passes could have led those drives....

But here is what bothers me the most: whoever was leading the convoy on the Robinson int, didn't knock Brady into the nose bleed seats. I think that could have been a pick 6 and game changer.
rome108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:12 AM   #310
A10sROCK
Impact Rookie

I'm not surprised that we lost to the best team in football, who have probably the best QB of all time. Kirk really played well, and I'm not that much of a KC fan. The OL gave him time. The many drops were just gross, I mean one of them was a 50 yard play. The Patriots are just at a level that is far above us at this time. But we didn't get crushed either like the Pats have been doing to other teams this year.

I think the coaches set up some plays well, it was the players (WR) who let them down. Strangely I think the team is definitely better than last year and McLovin' is bringing in good players. But we're probably two years from the hunt and we need a franchise QB to help get us there.
A10sROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:12 AM   #311
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The defense sucks. Period. They have been getting slit open like a fish on the run now for several weeks in a row. The Pats have a make shift line, no reason to get gutted on the run like that. Yeah they're getting turnovers but that still doesn't mean they're good. It should have been worse, Lewis flat out dropped a easy TD.

The offense sucks too btw, I just don't get your constant sticking up for the guys on D. They are playing like bums.
Agreed upon....