Old 07-16-2016, 10:12 PM   #301
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The Good News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
$40?

Same as in New Orleans?

Oh come come now thats worth atleast 45!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-17-2016, 01:17 AM   #302
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Oh come come now thats worth atleast 45!
Punch, I feel like this is the wrong thread to post bad news, but I'll say it anyways. It's 2016 man, which means there's most likely a picture of you taking this picture somewhere on the internet with the caption "creeper old guy takes picture of unsuspecting waitress."
Old 07-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #303
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Punch, I feel like this is the wrong thread to post bad news, but I'll say it anyways. It's 2016 man, which means there's most likely a picture of you taking this picture somewhere on the internet with the caption "creeper old guy takes picture of unsuspecting waitress."
you mean like this:
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:30 AM   #304
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Lol. I didnt snap the photo. My friends wife did. I always got my creeper wits about me.......
P.S. My friends wife is hot to so there might be a picture somewhere of me staring at her taking the pic but I can live with that.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:02 PM   #305
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Started a new job within the same company a little over a month ago within a totally different line of business...kinda bringing experience for risk management space to help build out stronger controls within a data management lob. Completely learning a new lob can be intimidating and a challenge but it's like the first time I've really had to think in like 5 years. It's been super rewarding to step outside my comfort zone though...id advise it.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #306
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Started a new job within the same company a little over a month ago within a totally different line of business...kinda bringing experience for risk management space to help build out stronger controls within a data management lob. Completely learning a new lob can be intimidating and a challenge but it's like the first time I've really had to think in like 5 years. It's been super rewarding to step outside my comfort zone though...id advise it.

Nice man. That's awesome. Im starting something new myself this week. Same here. A little intimidated but super excited.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:32 PM   #307
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Congratulations and best of luck to both of you!In my fourth month of retirement and I'm getting crazy.I'm doing stuff daly ,not sitting around but I just feel I should be working,I can't shake it.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #308
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Good News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Congratulations and best of luck to both of you!In my fourth month of retirement and I'm getting crazy.I'm doing stuff daly ,not sitting around but I just feel I should be working,I can't shake it.

Thanks. Its funny. Everyone waits there whole life to retire, and everyone says that same thing.
I think it just takes getting used too. You doing any traveling ? That is my goal for retirement. Travel. The first thing i am going to do is get in my car and drive West.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:48 PM   #309
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Thanks...my dad was finally was able to retire a couple years ago...I thought he summed up something nicely, "you gotta do things now while u can still move around." I thought it was funny at the time...but it's a good perspective about aging and retirement. It's bout doing everything you really want to while you can still physically, move around, drive around, and travel without medical restriction.

Also with just having time, find shit you enjoy. Fishing and gardening has been he'd could finally find time to do. My dad basically worked 50-55 hours a week raising 3 kids for like 25 years...he'd didn't have time for hobbies or hanging with friends.

He Gets Us
Old 10-01-2016, 04:49 PM   #310
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Nice man. That's awesome. Im starting something new myself this week. Same here. A little intimidated but super excited.
Word...good luck to you.

He Gets Us
Old 10-02-2016, 07:50 AM   #311
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Thanks...my dad was finally was able to retire a couple years ago...I thought he summed up something nicely, "you gotta do things now while u can still move around." I thought it was funny at the time...but it's a good perspective about aging and retirement. It's bout doing everything you really want to while you can still physically, move around, drive around, and travel without medical restriction.

Also with just having time, find shit you enjoy. Fishing and gardening has been he'd could finally find time to do. My dad basically worked 50-55 hours a week raising 3 kids for like 25 years...he'd didn't have time for hobbies or hanging with friends.
Same here. I exercise every day and do little pet projects around the house ,as for travel I have done some ,Canada for two weeks last summer and to NC twice to see the kids and I'm going to the Berkshires of Mass in three weeks.Thing is many of my friends can't retire and my wife (of 38 years) is a teacher and is still working.It's all good. Again best of luck in the new jobs.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:13 PM   #312
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Good News Thread

So if anyone recalls a few months ago I mentioned a huge deal i was working on with the air force base. I know Schneed was impressed. Lol.
Anyway, it fell through. After being told , and I quote, "you are going to make a lot of money here", and doing all of my due diligence I sat back and waited. Waited for about 60 days, every once in a while touching base,(no pun intended), for the first order. Not the go ahead, as I already locked it up -or so I thought, but an order. Than in the eleventh hour I received a text message from the man. Lets just skip the content and go right to the end - "sorry for the bad news". I was crushed. Like, I contemplated whether I needed to talk to someone because of my depression. Could not even work - which made my problems even worse. Everything i touched turned to turd. Stepped in gum more times in the last couple of months than in my entire life before. Things around the house were breaking. My WP fantasy team was getting scored on by 150 points .., the Skins shit the bed. Had collection agencies calling. It was bad. I thought we were going to lose the house bad. People kept saying "when one door closes, another one opens". I felt like punching each one of them. I said enough of this. nobody died. Money isn't everything. Started just going back and trying to sell.
Than I reached out to a good friend - he had recently taken over his fathers F & I business. They are agents for Allstate dealer services, but also represent several other companies allowing them to either work with the "string of lights" dealerships or the big boys. I took a commissioned position with him. I am still selling chemicals, but my schedule is allowing me to get ramped up with the F&I company while i am getting paid from the slowly dying chemical job. The initial response from friends and friends of friends has been overwhelming. Already getting places signed up and have a laundry list of referrals. I think this will be a really good thing. Had I not been denied by the base I never would have reached out to my friend. I would have been perfectly content with what would have turned out to be a fraction of what I now have in front of me. So...i guess the whole when one door closes thing might just have some semblance of truth to it. Oh - I have not stepped in gum or dogshit, my Washer and Dishwasher are fixed, and my fantasy team and the Skins havent lost since!

I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows
Old 10-06-2016, 04:04 PM   #313
over the mountain
Playmaker

Nice to hear punch.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #314
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Nice to hear punch.

Thanks OTM. The feeling that you cannot provide for your family is a hideous beast of a feeling.

I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows
Old 10-07-2016, 01:59 PM   #315
los panda
Pro Bowl

good shit, punchy, keep the pedal down!