Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL - 2023 Offseason Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-24-2023, 07:45 AM   #301
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: Around the NFL - 2023 Offseason Thread

The Lamar situation is getting weirder by the second.

Even if BAL and Lamar come together on $$$ they need a lot of hugging and counseling to repair their relationship.

I think Lamar is out for Lamar only which i get in pro sports he just doesn't hide it very well.

Advertisements
Old 03-24-2023, 08:00 AM   #302
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
The Lamar situation is getting weirder by the second.

Even if BAL and Lamar come together on $$$ they need a lot of hugging and counseling to repair their relationship.

I think Lamar is out for Lamar only which i get in pro sports he just doesn't hide it very well.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-war...222007894.html

NFL warns clubs not to negotiate with ‘uncertified person’ attempting to act as Lamar Jackson’s agent

He also has a guy calling teams to start negotiations with him. Lamar is pretty dumb guy

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:18 AM   #303
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

NFL warns clubs not to negotiate with ‘uncertified person’ attempting to act as Lamar Jackson’s agent

He also has a guy calling teams to start negotiations with him. Lamar is pretty dumb guy
dude this shit had me cracking up look at the memes:
https://opoyi.com/sports/ken-francis...-qbs-contract/
Old 03-24-2023, 08:59 AM   #304
EdmundDorf
The Starter

I like this tweet from Ben Standig, with all the national media suggesting collusion and say teams like Washington need to make a move

Quote:
Every team has flaws, makes mistakes, etc, but the Ravens are considered a pro operation and not just in comparison to Washington.

Therefore, more understanding needed as to why they wouldn't keep Lamar at all costs before stating any other team is nuts for not going all in.
Baltimore either dont want him at his price or are going to match any offer made
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:00 AM   #305
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
I like this tweet from Ben Standig, with all the national media suggesting collusion and say teams like Washington need to make a move

Baltimore either dont want him at his price or are going to match any offer made
And tomorrow it will either rain or it won't.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:10 AM   #306
mredskins
Gamebreaker

both lamar and bmore are handling this whole franchise tag worst then cousins and WSH

fawking Bmore has egg on its face this off season, i am tired of everyone giving them a hand job for being such a great franchise
Old 03-24-2023, 11:03 AM   #307
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
both lamar and bmore are handling this whole franchise tag worst then cousins and WSH

fawking Bmore has egg on its face this off season, i am tired of everyone giving them a hand job for being such a great franchise
I really don't understand these teams who have stable QB situations trying their best to destabilize them.

With the crazy amount of talent at QB in the AFC, why TF are you going to roll out with Tyler Huntley?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:09 AM   #308
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I really don't understand these teams who have stable QB situations trying their best to destabilize them.

With the crazy amount of talent at QB in the AFC, why TF are you going to roll out with Tyler Huntley?
The issue is the Watson deal, I think owners are saying as awhile we are not making that the bar for premium QBs.

In this mess IMO bmore has played it more correctly and as of now no one is willing to pay for Lamar. The market is saying he is not Watson money, fuck even Watson not Watson money the Browns were just desperate.

Lamar needs 1999 DS when he was just crazy over spending.
Old 03-24-2023, 11:22 AM   #309
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
The issue is the Watson deal, I think owners are saying as awhile we are not making that the bar for premium QBs.

In this mess IMO bmore has played it more correctly and as of now no one is willing to pay for Lamar. The market is saying he is not Watson money, fuck even Watson not Watson money the Browns were just desperate.

Lamar needs 1999 DS when he was just crazy over spending.
The market is not dictating that he's not worth the money, the owners are colluding to now allow another Watson deal. It is always the case that every new QB deal sets the market for QBs. Watson set the market, whether the owners like it or now.
R.I.P. #21
Old 03-24-2023, 11:41 AM   #310
AnonEmouse
The Starter

My take is LJ saw the Watson deal and probably based on his MVP season alone said "I want that".
Baltimore said "We want to keep you, but not at that price. DW is a QB that can also run when he has to but is a better passer, and that's always his first option. You are valuable to us but you're not the same quality passer. Here's the deal we're at. Oh and you probably should get an agent."
"No, I and I alone think you are wrong, I'm worth DW money and I'm going to hold out for that kind of deal. If you can't pay me someone else will."
"Lamar, given your recent injury history nobody is going to offer you that deal, not to mention what we already said. Get an agent (preferably someone that can talk sense into you)."
"I do not agree, lets see what happens."
"OK, but we're tagging you. You do realise that means if some idiot comes along and offers what you want, we'll get picks to replace you, even if we chose not to match their offer. You don't really hold the cards here."
"I reject your reality and substitute my own. I'm getting one of my homies to have a chat with the other teams."
Other NFL teams "Who da F is this guy asking to talk? Hey B'more, can you get LJ to sign an agent please? We'll talk, but not to some guy off the street."
"Hey, don't ask us, not our problem. Talk to Roger."
At which point Goodell goes and finds a cupboard to hide in.

Nobody is going to come out smelling of roses here, but LJ is making himself look a fool. I don't believe there is collusion because he's not a Mahomes, Burrow or Allen. Or Watson for that matter. On his day he's a top 10 QB but he's not in that elite stratosphere, and nobody is stupid/desperate enough at this point to pay what he wants, if they ever will be. If he's not careful he's going to be another Cam Newton.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:47 AM   #311
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The market is not dictating that he's not worth the money, the owners are colluding to now allow another Watson deal. It is always the case that every new QB deal sets the market for QBs. Watson set the market, whether the owners like it or now.
The owners are the market ; who else is the market? I am not paying NFL QBs nor you
Old 03-24-2023, 11:49 AM   #312
mredskins
Gamebreaker

https://theathletic.com/4332062/2023...roblems/?amp=1

Good article about LJ
Old 03-24-2023, 12:02 PM   #313
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
My take is LJ saw the Watson deal and probably based on his MVP season alone said "I want that".
Baltimore said "We want to keep you, but not at that price. DW is a QB that can also run when he has to but is a better passer, and that's always his first option. You are valuable to us but you're not the same quality passer. Here's the deal we're at. Oh and you probably should get an agent."
"No, I and I alone think you are wrong, I'm worth DW money and I'm going to hold out for that kind of deal. If you can't pay me someone else will."
"Lamar, given your recent injury history nobody is going to offer you that deal, not to mention what we already said. Get an agent (preferably someone that can talk sense into you)."
"I do not agree, lets see what happens."
"OK, but we're tagging you. You do realise that means if some idiot comes along and offers what you want, we'll get picks to replace you, even if we chose not to match their offer. You don't really hold the cards here."
"I reject your reality and substitute my own. I'm getting one of my homies to have a chat with the other teams."
Other NFL teams "Who da F is this guy asking to talk? Hey B'more, can you get LJ to sign an agent please? We'll talk, but not to some guy off the street."
"Hey, don't ask us, not our problem. Talk to Roger."
At which point Goodell goes and finds a cupboard to hide in.

Nobody is going to come out smelling of roses here, but LJ is making himself look a fool. I don't believe there is collusion because he's not a Mahomes, Burrow or Allen. Or Watson for that matter. On his day he's a top 10 QB but he's not in that elite stratosphere, and nobody is stupid/desperate enough at this point to pay what he wants, if they ever will be. If he's not careful he's going to be another Cam Newton.
Watson and Lamar's stats/records are very comparable, why shouldn't he ask for a similar contract?

Watson. W/L: 31-29/1-2 playoffs
Cmp/Att: 1285/1918
Cmp%: 67.0
Yds: 15,641
Avg: 8.2
TDs: 111
INTs: 41
Rtg: 102.3

Lamar W/L: 49-21/1-3 playoffs
Cmp/Att: 1055/1655
Cmp%: 63.7
Yds: 12,209
Avg: 7.4
TDs: 101
INTs: 38
Rtg: 96.7
R.I.P. #21
Old 03-24-2023, 02:04 PM   #314
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Both Lamar and the supposed fake agent denying this.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 02:16 PM   #315
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Both Lamar and the supposed fake agent denying this.
yeah because the nfl is making it up, lol!