Now What??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #301
pg86
No new threads for you

Re: Now What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Seriously. Look how discombobulated the Jets, Falcons and Ravens are. We don't want that mess around here. Oh wait, I almost forgot about the Dolphins last year. What a disaster that was. And let's not forget about the abysmall Sean Peyton/Drew Brees experiment. What a train wreck that was.

OMG i just got what you meant by that I love ya man No homo lol Always keepin it funny in here
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #302
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
LOL. The way people complain about JC, you'd think he put up Russell's numbers 12-21, 61 yds, 0 tds, 2ints
It's not the stats they have in common. It's the fact that they will both be back-ups next year. They'll both be forgotten in a couple of years.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:45 PM   #303
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I really wonder if there is any way Holmgren would come on as a special advisor.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #304
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Holmgren's not a miracle worker. Any HC needs a reasonable amount of time to install his system. Head coach transitions aren't that easy in this league.
but holmgren does run the same system so he is uniquely equipped to step in immediately. this team has too much talent to be handicapped by a guy like zorn who's learning on the job
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #305
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

I don't know, either that or you've gotta give JC more opportunities to call his own plays from the huddle.

I think firing anybody is too much of a knee jerk reaction. I'm slowly coming around to giving Collins a shot, not so much to see if HE is our answer but more so to determine if JC is definitely not. Collins could go in maybe at halftime of the TB game if JC is not putting points on the board (I say 14, at least) by then. If he somehow looks to be a little more efficient then give him command the following Sunday and see what happens.

One more thing, Zorn/Snyder/Cerrato/whoever needs to talk to Blache and say you're doing something wrong--fix it by the end of the BYE week! If Blache refuses to change whatever it is that is keeping the other teams offense on the field 8 minutes at a time he needs to go.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #306
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
It's not the stats they have in common. It's the fact that they will both be back-ups next year. They'll both be forgotten in a couple of years.
I wish Jason Campbell had JaMarcus Russell's numbers, so people like you had a reason to complain.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #307
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Bring Marty Back as President

The myth is that Snyder was upset that Marty wouldn't let him get involved in player personnel decisions. The reality is that Snyder thought being coach and general manager was too much for Marty to handle and wanted him to just focus one area. Back then Marty didn't want that, but now he has said he's only interested in a front office position. Plus, the Hall of Famers that had issues with Schott before are gone now. Snyder and Marty get along pretty well now, and I wouldn't be surprised if they reunited. I'd move Cerrato out of football operations immediately and bring in Marty as "consultant" now (thought about Carl Peterson because he's available) and then official name him President (aka "Bill Parcells") as soon as the season is done.

I don't think VC is the satanic buffoon many think he is, or that Snyder is "micro-managing." In fact, things won't be much different in terms of Snyder's involvement whoever is the new person in charge. But perception is reality, and if the fans perceive that Snyder isn't involved because Cerrato isn't there, then they'll believe that's true

Hire Reggie McKenzie or Bill Kuharich as General Manager

Reggie (Raleigh's twin) has done a good job in Green Bay and Bill Kuharich did a nice job with the previous few drafts in KC before he was let go when Pioli came on board. There are other good candidates but I'd look to these two guys first. I'd let Scott Campbell and Mo Brown go as well, again because of the connection to Cerrato and the whole perception is reality thing. I think both are strong talent evaluators but they will have to find their success elsewhere.

Hire Russ Grimm as Head Coach

Zorn is a lame duck, to be sure. But I wouldn't just jump at someone like Shanahan right away. Just finish the season with Zorn, and then do what some team should have done long ago (but has been afraid to for various reasons), name Russ Grimm as head coach. Good public relations move, and he's a strong head coach candidate. When you look around the NFL you see so many players/front office people from the Redskins glory decade of the 80s-Mayhew: GM Lions, Doug Williams: Front Office Exec Tampa, Mark Murphy: President Packers; Billy Devaney: GM Rams and so on-that it's a shame our only connection is Joe Bugel (and I guess Don Warren)

[B}Name Bob Bratkowski Assistant Head Coach[/b]

The coaching problem isn't isolated to just Zorn, it's that his support staff (Smith, Stump, Meidt, Watchamacallit) is woefully inexperienced as well. Grimm has experience that even Zorn didn't have but he could benefit from having an experienced play caller to support him. Look at other first time coaches-Harbaugh (has Cam Cameron); Sparano (has Dan Henning); Mike Smith (Mularkey)-all have proven coordinators

Name Kirk Olivadotti Defensive Coordinator

Why not?
Not bad ideas. I just wonder how Marty would do with Zorn and the WCO? I just wonder what DS is going to do. Zorn is a nice guy and apparently been able to talk his way into a HCing job. Now we see the results of this expierment. I hope DS is using this time wisely. Maybe make Marty GM and look into hiring his son as HC? I don't know but DS has several months to speak with people and find another HC for next yr instead of being pushed into a corner and scrambling at the last minute. Maybe make the new HC the highest paid HC again and add some extra bait. I don't know what but get someone who knows what the hell they are doing.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #308
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Can't say I'm surprised.

I could have told you after the giants game that we weren't going to be competitive this year. The rams game just affirmed it. This lions game just showed it.

I'd be more upset if I already didn't see this coming.
Agreed, this isn't a big surprise.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #309
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

JC calling plays= 2 td
Dany smith = 1 td
Jim Zorn = 1 td.

Jason has called the plays on half of the scoring drives this year.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #310
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
I still think the D is the strength of our team. Look at the first 2 weeks if the O scores 20-25 points and keeps the d off the field so much we are 3-0
I agree. Look at the Ravens and Steelers. Even they're giving up points, the Ravens especially (maybe not today). The rules overwhelmingly favor the Offense, so it's unreasonable to ask the Defense to pitch shut outs every week. They gave up 13 points today and another 7 on a very questionable pass interference call. At some point, our Offense has to score points and get a lead on someone.

Our D would play much better if the opposing team was behind for once and had to be one-dimensional in order to pass their way back into the game. It's like when Collins came in a few years ago and started moving the Offense up and down the field. The O line blocked better, the Receivers played better, the RBs ran better and the Defense played better. And yes, I'm advocating a change at the QB position. Campbell's stats are fine, but he is paid to put points on the board and win games. Time for a change.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #311
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I'd like to see Trevor Matich kick Blache's ass right about now.
Yup! I think Blache talked a lot of shit without backing it up.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:59 PM   #312
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
JC calling plays= 2 td
Dany smith = 1 td
Jim Zorn = 1 td.

Jason has called the plays on half of the scoring drives this year.
I have a great idea. Let's make JC the coach and bring in a quality QB who knows how to get his team in the end zone when it's not garbage time. Preferably someone who can throw a fade pass and keep the ball in-bounds and someone who can sense a pass rush before it's up his ass. Ideally, someone who can actually take a few steps in the pocket and still throw with at least a little accuracy.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #313
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I agree. Look at the Ravens and Steelers. Even they're giving up points, the Ravens especially (maybe not today). The rules overwhelmingly favor the Offense, so it's unreasonable to ask the Defense to pitch shut outs every week. They gave up 13 points today and another 7 on a very questionable pass interference call. At some point, our Offense has to score points and get a lead on someone.
Last year the Ravens and Titans were pretty much winning games for their teams, and they had very little offense (now the Ravens are pretty much a complete team). Last week, the Giants D kept their offense in the game, and their defense has scored points. With as much money as the team has spent on the defense, you expect them to be the stronger unit and winning games.

Quote:
Our D would play much better if the opposing team was behind for once and had to be one-dimensional in order to pass their way back into the game. It's like when Collins came in a few years ago and started moving the Offense up and down the field. The O line blocked better, the Receivers played better, the RBs ran better and the Defense played better. And yes, I'm advocating a change at the QB position. Campbell's stats are fine, but he is paid to put points on the board and win games. Time for a change.
When your QB throws for over 300 yds and 2 TDs, and loses the game, there's something wrong with the team. You are obviously not a fan of Campbell and just say that. When he throws for 60 yds and two or three picks, then you can call for a QB change.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:03 PM   #314
pg86
No new threads for you

Someone told me to work on my confidence boosters earlier...Here's an attempt...

The superbowl champs lost to the Bengals today
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:04 PM   #315
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Bring Marty Back as President

The myth is that Snyder was upset that Marty wouldn't let him get involved in player personnel decisions. The reality is that Snyder thought being coach and general manager was too much for Marty to handle and wanted him to just focus one area. Back then Marty didn't want that, but now he has said he's only interested in a front office position. Plus, the Hall of Famers that had issues with Schott before are gone now. Snyder and Marty get along pretty well now, and I wouldn't be surprised if they reunited. I'd move Cerrato out of football operations immediately and bring in Marty as "consultant" now (thought about Carl Peterson because he's available) and then official name him President (aka "Bill Parcells") as soon as the season is done.

I don't think VC is the satanic buffoon many think he is, or that Snyder is "micro-managing." In fact, things won't be much different in terms of Snyder's involvement whoever is the new person in charge. But perception is reality, and if the fans perceive that Snyder isn't involved because Cerrato isn't there, then they'll believe that's true

Hire Reggie McKenzie or Bill Kuharich as General Manager

Reggie (Raleigh's twin) has done a good job in Green Bay and Bill Kuharich did a nice job with the previous few drafts in KC before he was let go when Pioli came on board. There are other good candidates but I'd look to these two guys first. I'd let Scott Campbell and Mo Brown go as well, again because of the connection to Cerrato and the whole perception is reality thing. I think both are strong talent evaluators but they will have to find their success elsewhere.

Hire Russ Grimm as Head Coach

Zorn is a lame duck, to be sure. But I wouldn't just jump at someone like Shanahan right away. Just finish the season with Zorn, and then do what some team should have done long ago (but has been afraid to for various reasons), name Russ Grimm as head coach. Good public relations move, and he's a strong head coach candidate. When you look around the NFL you see so many players/front office people from the Redskins glory decade of the 80s-Mayhew: GM Lions, Doug Williams: Front Office Exec Tampa, Mark Murphy: President Packers; Billy Devaney: GM Rams and so on-that it's a shame our only connection is Joe Bugel (and I guess Don Warren)

[B}Name Bob Bratkowski Assistant Head Coach[/B]

The coaching problem isn't isolated to just Zorn, it's that his support staff (Smith, Stump, Meidt, Watchamacallit) is woefully inexperienced as well. Grimm has experience that even Zorn didn't have but he could benefit from having an experienced play caller to support him. Look at other first time coaches-Harbaugh (has Cam Cameron); Sparano (has Dan Henning); Mike Smith (Mularkey)-all have proven coordinators

Name Kirk Olivadotti Defensive Coordinator

Why not?
That makes way too much sense to ever happen.