Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-09-2020, 01:42 PM   #286
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Re: How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
All of that may be true but it's also true he was drafted by one of the most poorly run organizations in all of sports under less than ideal conditions and not really given the support that most first round QBs get.
That's not Rivera's problem nor was his decision. This is his team now and he is acting accordingly. I'm sure he clearly recognizes Dan Snyder knows diddly about drafting pro football players.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2020, 01:42 PM   #287
MTK
\m/

Snyder should have stopped hand picking QBs after Ramsey.
Old 10-09-2020, 01:44 PM   #288
Monkeydad
Living Legend

While Shuler was the worst, at least that was a short experiment. Playing Ramsey as long as they did was the worse decision. He was clearly terrible from the start but they kept playing him over 4 seasons. Brunell saved us short-term.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:07 PM   #289
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Sure DH was dealt a bad hand, but what does that have to do w/ throwing the ball high and low? Or not reading the field the right way? Or not working hard enough? The guy is immature and has sloppy fundamentals and work habits. Bye.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #290
MTK
\m/

Feels like an echo up in here
Old 10-09-2020, 02:25 PM   #291
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He does have his own personal trainer, it's Quincy Avery who works with Watson, Hurts and others.. But one big thing Quincy preaches is "Toe to target is not good to use anymore" And it shows with Dwayne's tape, he's hardly ever pointing towards his targets.. Watson and Hurts can get away with that "Mahomes" like method because they are great athletes..

good QB developer but he didn’t create the rule book. Dudes been doing toe to target since before any of us were born... with high success rate
pull up any Montana clips

He has a personal QB's coach and he still has such shifty technique? Wow he stinks. He is a slow learner.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:36 PM   #292
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

This article https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...ed-washington/

Zero culture change by the WFT. Kick a man while he is down just to make sure he doesn't get back up.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 06:11 PM   #293
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
This article https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...ed-washington/

Zero culture change by the WFT. Kick a man while he is down just to make sure he doesn't get back up.
Unless the reports have been lies, I will have no pity for any athlete that is labeled by even his own teammates as lazy. Hard to keep a whole organization bottled up from the media all the time. Haskins needs to get his ass to work.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:08 PM   #294
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Unless the reports have been lies, I will have no pity for any athlete that is labeled by even his own teammates as lazy. Hard to keep a whole organization bottled up from the media all the time. Haskins needs to get his ass to work.
It is more the systemic leak things to the media for me. They did this to Robert, Kirk, Scot M. I think sometimes they just do it on purpose
Old 10-09-2020, 07:30 PM   #295
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Sure DH was dealt a bad hand, but what does that have to do w/ throwing the ball high and low? Or not reading the field the right way? Or not working hard enough? The guy is immature and has sloppy fundamentals and work habits. Bye.
Yep.

He should work harder, study more, and play better.

NFL players are always dealt bad hands. There isn't fairness in the NFL.

Bridgewater, Foles, Fitzmagic and others are constantly grinding and they keep getting signed and keep getting snaps. Who are their advocates in the politics of the NFL?

If he is this huge talent that is being treated so unfairly, demand a trade and prove RR wrong.

Cooley spoke about him unfollowing the team and RR on social media on Sheehan's pod. Super professional. Great way to make your brand appeal to other potential employers.

RR and Turner think Allen gives them a better chance to win which is indicative of a really really bad situation at QB.

If he wants to get on the field he should play better, just like the other grinders in the league.

This narrative is ridiculous.

Last edited by DYoungJelly; 10-09-2020 at 08:51 PM.
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:18 PM   #296
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
It is more the systemic leak things to the media for me. They did this to Robert, Kirk, Scot M. I think sometimes they just do it on purpose
I really don’t know whether all this is a sinister plot to defame anyone. We have 60 or so young guys that are on social media pretty much constantly, and a large staff probably doing the same. Should they be? Probably not, but I’m actually sort of surprised that more stuff doesn’t hit the news cycle every day.

On purpose? Could happen, but I don’t think so at this point.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:10 PM   #297
rocnrik
Playmaker

In today’s culture it is appropriate to blame other things on your inability to succeed.. let’s see Haskins went to Major college ( I assume he graduated and got degree) .. he gets drafted in first round for one of 32 jobs on the planet .. from the moment his name was called he had a attitude.. He gets enormous payday ( more than most of us will make in a lifetime.. he gets right off the bat .. all he has to do is work hard .. take coaching and improve his weaknesses.. he has started enough games in the nfl that it’s fair to say he can be evaluated.. truth is he makes not one player around him better!! Not one ! I’m not buying into the theme that Haskins is getting a raw deal ... step up and produce !!!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:40 PM   #298
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't think these are leaks along those lines. RR has been respectful of Haskins, and also there were positive stories from the locker room after the Philly game. Every team will have these type of reports after the starting qb is benched. That is just the nature of sports media.

Put another way, these are not petty backstabbing comments, but they are straightforward answers to the question why. I would like to know that these statements were told to Dwayne in advance, ie, this is the expectation, this is what we see, and now we seem to have a shot at the division so we are going to go with Allen. If it was told upfront, it is even less like Kirk being called Kurt by the team president.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 10:13 AM   #299
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I don't think these are leaks along those lines. RR has been respectful of Haskins, and also there were positive stories from the locker room after the Philly game. Every team will have these type of reports after the starting qb is benched. That is just the nature of sports media.

Put another way, these are not petty backstabbing comments, but they are straightforward answers to the question why. I would like to know that these statements were told to Dwayne in advance, ie, this is the expectation, this is what we see, and now we seem to have a shot at the division so we are going to go with Allen. If it was told upfront, it is even less like Kirk being called Kurt by the team president.
I hear you and the article where RR breaks down the test he gave Haskins in passing situations and he failed that is legit and fine. I have zero problem with the benching. When I read an article with unnamed sources and it throws out info about the person and not the performance that is when I fail to see the point in that.
Old 10-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #300
mredskins
Gamebreaker

https://www.radio.com/thefandc/sport...ashington-loss