Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-14-2022, 09:19 AM   #286
JackLord
Special Teams

Re: Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I would prefer someone to buy the team and leave the team operations to the front office and never hear from them again.

And people need to stop this pipe dream that the name is going to be changed.
Well if worked once for a few indignant white people.

Dreams sometimes come true.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-14-2022, 09:31 AM   #287
rocnrik
Playmaker

My point was all what if’s.. and was based on Snyder being forced to sell team .. if you think that’s not possible then so be it .. I believe there is a real possibility he does sell and IF that happens the New owner will indeed have a say in the stadium .. the coach etc ..the name/brand could be used as a bargaining tool .. I can see some billionaire that does not like name and says if I buy it I will change that because Snyder named it and F that …if you are in the camp of Snyder will never sell then all of this is bull crap .. I think he will sell .. we will see
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:42 AM   #288
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
My point was all what if’s.. and was based on Snyder being forced to sell team .. if you think that’s not possible then so be it .. I believe there is a real possibility he does sell and IF that happens the New owner will indeed have a say in the stadium .. the coach etc ..the name/brand could be used as a bargaining tool .. I can see some billionaire that does not like name and says if I buy it I will change that because Snyder named it and F that …if you are in the camp of Snyder will never sell then all of this is bull crap .. I think he will sell .. we will see
I'm pretty sure the NFL is not going to want to go through a name change again. Also, what owner wants to go through that hassle, and again, I don't want an owner to come and be that involved in team matters.

If you want an owner that wants to make that many changes what's stopping them from wanting to move the team? I know it is not going to happen because this is a big TV market, but we already had an owner come in and change everything (Snyder).

I prefer an owner that comes in and stays in the background.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:20 AM   #289
JackLord
Special Teams

Any new owner can do what he or she wants. Considering what a dud the switch to Commanders has been, I would expect something different to be very well received.

Besides, multiple names are a DC specialty. Our current NBA team has been the Packers>Zephyrs>Bullets>Wizards. Our football team has been the Braves>Redskins>WFT>Commanders.

But its all moot. Danny ain't going anywhere.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:25 AM   #290
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLord View Post
Any new owner can do what he or she wants. Considering what a dud the switch to Commanders has been, I would expect something different to be very well received.

Besides, multiple names are a DC specialty. Our current NBA team has been the Packers>Zephyrs>Bullets>Wizards. Our football team has been the Braves>Redskins>WFT>Commanders.

But its all moot. Danny ain't going anywhere.
Everything about this team has been a dud. But there's a higher chance of Snyder having to sell the team than a new owner coming in and changing the name.
R.I.P. #21
Old 02-14-2022, 10:49 AM   #291
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
Everything about this team has been a dud. But there's a higher chance of Snyder having to sell the team than a new owner coming in and changing the name.
On the first, we both agree.

On the second, one could easily lead to the other.

Nobody would miss the name Commanders. Maybe a few fans on this site, but I suspect the same enthusiasm that cheered on ditching Redskins and adopting Commanders could be reoriented yet again.

No matter. Danny will survive. His prior reputation makes his latest transgressions seem less shocking. And he has very powerful allies. Messrs Mara, Lurie, and Jones are not going to let the Jolly Rodger do the Danny dirty.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:06 AM   #292
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

IF there was ever a new owner, everything is on the table - coaches, staff, name, logos...everything. You don't spend that kind of money and not have carte blanche over every aspect of the team.

We're definitely going down a rabbit hole here though. Chances of getting a new owner any time soon are slim, and then chances that the new owner would change the name right off the bat are even slimmer.

Can't wait until they figure out what they are doing at QB.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 11:49 AM   #293
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
IF there was ever a new owner, everything is on the table - coaches, staff, name, logos...everything. You don't spend that kind of money and not have carte blanche over every aspect of the team.

We're definitely going down a rabbit hole here though. Chances of getting a new owner any time soon are slim, and then chances that the new owner would change the name right off the bat are even slimmer.

Everything is on the table, but I feel people are just trying to wish the new name away.

The new owners of the Panthers went through two years before there were any changes in the FO and coaching staff.

If there is a change in ownership, we are looking at least 2-3 year timeline for that to happen, and an additional 2-3 years for any changes to be made. IF the team has any success during this time, it will be hard to justify any changes. But if the team sucks, yeah there'd be a clean house, I still think the name stays.
R.I.P. #21
Old 02-14-2022, 02:22 PM   #294
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

So you are saying that if someone comes in and buys the Chicago Bears and feels like changing the name the NFL would let him?! You're dreaming.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 04:33 PM   #295
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I think we are getting our hopes up w/ Snyder. I hope I am wrong but we are most likely stuck w/ him and his wife until they die off. By that time I may be dead myself.. lol.

Sure the other owners are sick and tired of him but I just don't see that it gets to the point where they vote him out. They all have shit that they've most likely done to women that they don't want getting out. Didn't Jerry Jones have some compromising pics leak out a few years ago? It just opens a can of worms that probably no one wants - but like I said I hope I'm wrong.

We're stuck w/ Commanders, new owner or not. That piece of shit, generic low rent re-brand is here to stay. We either deal w/ it or check out. I have checked out, as have many others.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 04:47 PM   #296
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
So you are saying that if someone comes in and buys the Chicago Bears and feels like changing the name the NFL would let him?! You're dreaming.
That is a rather unfair comparison.

An iconic name of an iconic franchise vs a brand new and boring name of a damaged franchise.

If someone bought the Bears and then tried to change their name, their press and fans would crucify him.

In contrast, if someone bought the Commanders and changed the name to <insert your favorite>, he would be nominated for sainthood.
Old 02-14-2022, 05:04 PM   #297
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLord View Post
That is a rather unfair comparison.

An iconic name of an iconic franchise vs a brand new and boring name of a damaged franchise.

If someone bought the Bears and then tried to change their name, their press and fans would crucify him.

In contrast, if someone bought the Commanders and changed the name to <insert your favorite>, he would be nominated for sainthood.
No they wouldn't. Again, that's just wishful thinking from people who are still bitching about the name change. Any name, no matter which one, would have resulted in the same reaction: some people like it, majority would have hated it and ridiculed it.

It's funny that after having a terrible owner who was involved in everything. Some fans want another owner who is involved in everything because they are still pouting about the name change.

Maybe we'll get an owner that wants to change the team colors. See how stupid that sounds?
R.I.P. #21
Old 02-14-2022, 05:59 PM   #298
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
No they wouldn't. Again, that's just wishful thinking from people who are still bitching about the name change. Any name, no matter which one, would have resulted in the same reaction: some people like it, majority would have hated it and ridiculed it.

It's funny that after having a terrible owner who was involved in everything. Some fans want another owner who is involved in everything because they are still pouting about the name change.

Maybe we'll get an owner that wants to change the team colors. See how stupid that sounds?
It is wishful thinking. I myself described it all as "moot".

Other than that, I think you are incorrect. There were several names that were much better than Commanders including the one that came between it and Redskins.

I am glad you like the name. But a good many of us- perhaps a majority- simply do not like it and we have stated the reasons why. Having a different opinion than you does not constitute, 'bitching'.

And Danny as changed the team colors (adding black). I agree with you -- Stupid.
Old 02-14-2022, 06:50 PM   #299
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Bears, probably not...but we're not talking about the Bears here.

I'm just saying that no one would spend that kind of money to purchase an NFL franchise - with the intent of changing the name, if they didn't already have the assurance that they could do that.

Would anyone go into the process of purchasing an NFL franchise, including this one, with that intent? Probably not. I think the Commanders is here to stay.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 07:48 PM   #300
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

I don't know how much of it is wishful thinking, and how much is just speculation. I think the important story is wether or not Snyder gets booted out. Still unlikely but less and less unlikely by the minute. And I do think it's not absurd to think a new owner would enjoy renaming the team.

Is it a very serious conversation about a very likely event? Definitely not. But it's that time of the year, SB's over, still some time before FA and draft, every body is playing armchair GM, speculating about trades and signings that will never happen... it's rambling season, ain't it?