Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Obama Years- A GOP love story

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-10-2014, 09:16 PM   #286
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: The Obama Years- A GOP love story

This speech, while it has some nitpicks, is what I was saying he needed to do. I am not going to go bonkers and say it was amazing, but I did think he did a good job.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #287
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I hate Bible thumping assholes.

Ted Cruz booed off stage while defending Israel - The Week

The ignorance of this country is astounding.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #288
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post

That is the response Ted wanted, its a strategy. Gets him in the papers, people talking.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:12 PM   #289
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Sotloff's parents told they could be prosecuted for paying ransom to IS

Obama's administration is straight clown. What kind of jacked up shit is this? Threaten to prosecute the family if they paid the ransom? WTF has gone wrong with our country and government?
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 09-22-2014, 11:28 PM   #290
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Boehner says unemployed ‘don’t really want’ jobs. How bad a gaffe for GOP?

Why is it that unemployed people are viewed as lazy? It's this myth that's perpetuated over and over, with people passing along anecdotal stories they've heard.

What do they want when they continue to allow jobs to be shipped overseas?
Old 09-23-2014, 11:47 AM   #291
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I'm still dumbfounded by how so many ignorant dumbasses can wind up on the Committee of Science, Space and Technology. Oh, I know how.....they are paid to deny it. You want to know why our government is a waste of oxygen, space and money.....this is a prime example why.

Burn Noticed - The Daily Show - Video Clip | Comedy Central
Old 09-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #292
tshile
Special Teams

Quote:
Boehner says unemployed ‘don’t really want’ jobs. How bad a gaffe for GOP?

Why is it that unemployed people are viewed as lazy? It's this myth that's perpetuated over and over, with people passing along anecdotal stories they've heard.

What do they want when they continue to allow jobs to be shipped overseas?
Because it often seems like they are? There are jobs out there, you just have to want to get a job.

It seems like the problem is that they don't want to do the work that is available, or they don't want to work for the pay that's being offered.

I wouldn't allow myself to go 99 weeks without a job. I find it absurd so many people do. I'd be working at a restaurant if I couldn't find a job within 30 days. I wouldn't enjoy it... but I'd do it...
tshile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #293
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshile View Post
Because it often seems like they are? There are jobs out there, you just have to want to get a job.

It seems like the problem is that they don't want to do the work that is available, or they don't want to work for the pay that's being offered.

I wouldn't allow myself to go 99 weeks without a job. I find it absurd so many people do. I'd be working at a restaurant if I couldn't find a job within 30 days. I wouldn't enjoy it... but I'd do it...
There are jobs but we also need to realize that we continue to shed jobs via robosourcing and outsourcing. Robosourcing in particular is why we have an increase in productivity by companies and increase in revenue generation but continue to shed jobs. Coal mining is a great example. In 2002 the wording of the Clean Water Act to allow mountain top removal mining we increased coal output till around 2009 (it started receiving competition from natural gas at that point) but at the same time decreased the work force by 40,000 jobs due to less need for labor.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #294
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshile View Post

Just curious. Exactly what percentage of the unemployed do you see as lazy?

Also, exactly what kind of jobs? Minimum wage jobs? Good paying jobs?

What's the difference in them getting unemployment as compared to them getting a minimum wage job that has to be supplemented by welfare?
Old 09-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #295
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:

If he is a no on the Redskin name change thing......I like him
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #296
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Armed contractor with criminal record was on elevator with Obama in Atlanta - The Washington Post

Some of the stories about the Presidential detail make you wonder how seriously they take to protecting him. I am very positive that the one salute with a Latte in hand angered the more military minded on any detail.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #297
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Armed contractor with criminal record was on elevator with Obama in Atlanta - The Washington Post

Some of the stories about the Presidential detail make you wonder how seriously they take to protecting him. I am very positive that the one salute with a Latte in hand angered the more military minded on any detail.
Its a sad world we live in where the media and folks want to talk about something as meaningless as a latta salute and are too incompetent to have a conversation about the failure of the administration to see the isis threat materialize. The slow isis approach already cost thousands of lives, what did the latte saluate cost?

our country is a joke

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #298
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

Just a note. Presidents didn't salute military men up until Reagan.

Rachel Maddow: 'Not even old Gen. Eisenhower … saluted military personnel' as president | PunditFact

Quote:
We suspect Maddow’s basis for her description may have roots in a 2007 New York Times opinion piece by Garry Wills, a professor emeritus of history at Northwestern University, as well as a 2004 op-ed by then-Reagan military aide and now-Minnesota U.S. Rep. John Kline.

Wills was writing about presidents saluting soldiers when they board and exit Marine One (just like Obama on Tuesday).

"We are reminded, for instance, of the expanded commander in chief status every time a modern president gets off the White House helicopter and returns the salute of marines.

"That is an innovation that was begun by Ronald Reagan. Dwight Eisenhower, a real general, knew that the salute is for the uniform, and as president he was not wearing one. An exchange of salutes was out of order."

Straight up from a GOP site.

Is it Proper for a President to Render a Military Hand Salute? | Texas GOP Vote

Quote:
The answer is quite simple. The President of the United States is a civilian. He is not a member of the US Military and is therefore not entitled to salute. The military salute is a privilege earned by honorable service in the military. It is also a privilege that can be taken away. Military prisoners are stripped of the privilege of saluting. While the President is Constitutionally the CINC, he is not a member of the military.

One of the core principles of our country is our military is under civilian control. The President is that civilian authority over the military as is the Secretary of Defense and the Secretaries of the branches of the armed services.

The President shouldn't be saluting military men. Period. It's not about respect, it's about principles.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:51 PM   #299
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Its a sad world we live in where the media and folks want to talk about something as meaningless as a latta salute and are too incompetent to have a conversation about the failure of the administration to see the isis threat materialize. The slow isis approach already cost thousands of lives, what did the latte saluate cost?

our country is a joke
You misjudge the latte salute. The salute in military history is the symbolic epitome of respect. When the Commander in Chief fails to show those charged with his defense a time honored symbol of respect it shows a mentality. And that same mentality goes to the root of the failure on the latest threat.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:59 PM   #300
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Its one thing if its not expected and thus not rendered. Even the hugging the dog pic isn't quite the same, close though and I don't have much respect for Bush's understanding of the salute, but who isn't gonna hug a dog, damn near unpatriotic if you don't. (I keed. I keed) but the dismissive attitude of Pres Obama's was, like I said, to me the lack of respect he has for many foreign policy issues.