Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 03-22-2020, 08:33 PM   #286
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I would not want to ride the subways right now.
My girlfriend finally got the work at home directive from the EPA, but the week before this past one she was riding the Metro to DC and said it was empty, there was only one other person in the car she was on. A person in the subway might have their own car by now.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2020, 05:31 AM   #287
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Special shout out:
Hollywood celebrities...99% who are not helping or don’t contribute anything to society, complaining on social media about being locked down once again proving they are the worst people in the country. Fuck them all.
.................for chico........

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sharon-...130500333.html

https://deadline.com/2020/03/hollywo...ry-1202889428/

..............................those bastards!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2020, 09:50 AM   #288
SunnySide
Playmaker

Good morning everyone.

No MD "stay at home" order. Gov Hogan is not happy people went to the Cherry Blossoms and now I see this...

Governor Larry Hogan
@GovLarryHogan
·
6m
Today at 11 a.m., I will announce additional measures to slow the spread of #COVID19 in Maryland. This announcement will be streamed live here on Twitter, as well as on Facebook (@GovLarryHogan
) and Youtube (Governor Larry Hogan).
----------------------

toilet paper - starting to run out. Im going to just steal some from my office building but they have them locked in the dispensers so I think I will just have to pull them out and feed it onto a used paper towel roll or something.

I have now limited myself to just 9 squares a dump (3x3). works well. Never knew I had it so good.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:56 AM   #289
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Good morning everyone.

No MD "stay at home" order. Gov Hogan is not happy people went to the Cherry Blossoms and now I see this...

Governor Larry Hogan
@GovLarryHogan
·
6m
Today at 11 a.m., I will announce additional measures to slow the spread of #COVID19 in Maryland. This announcement will be streamed live here on Twitter, as well as on Facebook (@GovLarryHogan
) and Youtube (Governor Larry Hogan).
----------------------

toilet paper - starting to run out. Im going to juts steal some from my office building but they have them locked in the dispensers so I think I will just have to pull out them out and feed it onto a used paper towel roll or something.

I have now limited myself to just 9 squares a dump (3x3). works well. Never knew I had it so good.
I was wondering if you found any toilet paper. That freaking sucks. The people that hoarded that stuff freaking suck. Did you try some of those out of the way country stores. The ones around me were the last to run out. Do they still have those ass hats in the restrooms? It would probably be easy to grab a wad of those. They would work as good as cheap toilet paper I would think.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:02 AM   #290
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Are there any roadblocks in the quarantine states?
A friend of gf got a ticket for driving/being out in san fransisco. for whatever thats worth

Theres levels to this. "stay at home" = essential people to their business can go to work, "shelter in place" = only essential workers for medical etc can go to work

i posted an article explaining the levels and what they mean last week or so
Old 03-23-2020, 10:06 AM   #291
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
I’ve heard Virginia is getting locked down soon
Where did you hear that? I'm in the process today of getting my staff (a whopping 2 people) set up to work from home.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:15 AM   #292
Back2RFK
Special Teams

I think some people just don't care. So I needed some charcoal from Lowes as my gas grill finally died. So I had a plan to go directly to the charcoal grab a bag and to go through the outdoor lawn and garden section to pay. Pulling into Lowes I noticed the parking lot was pretty full. So I get out wipe down the cart handle twice and I noticed others just grabbing a cart without wiping it down. So I go in and notice how people are in there just casually shopping and browsing around like nothing was going on. I was keeping my distance and had to wait on a few people as they causally browsed through the store. After about a minute I just got the hell out. I was pretty stunned how people were acting and not giving a crap.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:05 AM   #293
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
I think some people just don't care. So I needed some charcoal from Lowes as my gas grill finally died. So I had a plan to go directly to the charcoal grab a bag and to go through the outdoor lawn and garden section to pay. Pulling into Lowes I noticed the parking lot was pretty full. So I get out wipe down the cart handle twice and I noticed others just grabbing a cart without wiping it down. So I go in and notice how people are in there just casually shopping and browsing around like nothing was going on. I was keeping my distance and had to wait on a few people as they causally browsed through the store. After about a minute I just got the hell out. I was pretty stunned how people were acting and not giving a crap.
The more this drags on the more people will stop caring. I hate to say it but maybe a huge spike in numbers will put the fear god in some folks.

I really just don't know how long this can drag on.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:07 AM   #294
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Also food for thought.

Lets say this country had all the medical supplies we needed, i bet these shelter in place shit wouldn't be going on.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:11 AM   #295
SunnySide
Playmaker

anyone have a live stream link for Hogans press conf? i cant find one ..and yes I am dumb. so .. theres that

edit - nevermind .. they just put it up on twitter

https://twitter.com/GovLarryHogan?re...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Last edited by SunnySide; 03-23-2020 at 11:31 AM.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:32 AM   #296
SunnySide
Playmaker

Maryland shut down.

Im somewhat confused and I imagine we will get clarity soon.

I am essential to my company but my company is not an essential business.

Can I go to work tomorrow? Maybe sneak in for a few hours on wed or thurs?
Old 03-23-2020, 11:34 AM   #297
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
Think about it. You went out just to buy charcoal. That is not a necessity, pretty sure you own another means to cook your food. That being said you have no right to complain about people casually browsing the store. You could be leaving your germs all over the place if you are infected. I don't have a problem with your physical actions or of the others in the store, just your hypocrisy.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #298
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Maryland shut down.

Im somewhat confused and I imagine we will get clarity soon.

I am essential to my company but my company is not an essential business.

Can I go to work tomorrow? Maybe sneak in for a few hours on wed or thurs?
I would just go to work until your company tells you otherwise. Even if Maryland is a heavy handed state and they ticket plus fine offenders, you should have an easy out. A person who disobeys their employer usually gets fired, and I don't think anyone would want to lose their job at a time like this. Pretty sure a lot of businesses will not survive the shutdowns, after this is over jobs may be scarce for a good long while.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #299
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
In one of those articles you linked:

Patients with digestive symptoms had a variety of problems, including loss of appetite (nearly 84%), diarrhea (29%), vomiting (0.8%) and abdominal pain (0.4%).

I think the heavy loss of appetite numbers would more than counteract the diarrhea numbers as far as toilet paper needs would be.
LOL yeah I'm not saying this is reason for toilet paper shortage,I was just saying the narrative that this doesnt cause digestive issues is false.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:28 PM   #300
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I would just go to work until your company tells you otherwise. Even if Maryland is a heavy handed state and they ticket plus fine offenders, you should have an easy out. A person who disobeys their employer usually gets fired, and I don't think anyone would want to lose their job at a time like this. Pretty sure a lot of businesses will not survive the shutdowns, after this is over jobs may be scarce for a good long while.
Well .. im to a degree a decision "influencer" in my office. Staff has been put on staggered hours last week so that there are less people working close to each other in their cubicles.

Im trying to get the boss to pay them for 30 hours a week even though they would only work 20.

Now, with Hogans order, I think our business is not essential and should be shut down. Boss says we are closed to the public/clients but we can still come in and maintain our staggered hours schedule.