Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Owens done for season...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-07-2005, 03:31 PM   #16
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Owens done for season...

TO will be a hired gun the rest of his career. Until he can show he can be a teammate as well as a playmaker, no one will sign him for a long-term deal.

Advertisements
Old 11-07-2005, 03:34 PM   #17
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

i heard somone say on espn that the raiders won't do it because they have 3 WRs under big contract and the redskins have already said no. The Broncos are a possiblity as shanahan isn't scared of a challenge. I still think the Falcons might be interested.

Think about if he ends up in dallas, keyshawn(who went through a similar character situation with TB) and TO on the same team.
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #18
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

It is not very often an Elite, incredibly talented athelete can so alienate the mainstream sports fan the way TO has. It is rarer still that he he gets bitch slapped and recieves justice by the perverted system motivated purely by money and profit that built him. Today is that day! ENJOY IT!!!!!!!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #19
Warpath
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
i heard somone say on espn that the raiders won't do it because they have 3 WRs under big contract and the redskins have already said no. The Broncos are a possiblity as shanahan isn't scared of a challenge. I still think the Falcons might be interested.

Think about if he ends up in dallas, keyshawn(who went through a similar character situation with TB) and TO on the same team.
I dont think Parcells would put up with T.O. but then again I don't know Parcells personally.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #20
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection
TO will be a hired gun the rest of his career. Until he can show he can be a teammate as well as a playmaker, no one will sign him for a long-term deal.

CORRECT, it is a curious thing. The big money he sought, and no doubt would have recieved had he maintained in Philly, is now out of his reach. 32 years old, injury prone, problem child. See ya later Rodman..............hmmmmm, I wonder how TO looks in a wedding dress??? Maybe he'll make a run at Carman Elektra
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:43 PM   #21
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Vinny Cerrato was on with Elliot this morning, just like every Monday morning around 8am, and he said that TO has changed. When he first came up in the 9ers organization, he had Young and Rice to look up to, and was a mellow fellow. Then he became the go to guy, and his head exploded. Vinny said he'd want the TO he drafted for the 9ers, not the guy he is now...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:46 PM   #22
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

some eagle fan said that the skins would trade moss and a SECOND rounder for TO. that was redicoulous. I wouldn't trade moss for TO and a second rounder.

If TO was a UFA would anyone here actually pick TO up for a one year 4 million dollar deal if it was possible??
I wouldn't even at that small price and that small risk because he is more trouble than he is worth. TO has just skrewed up his career, he seriously needs to take a year off(well he could do that this year) and get some mental help. He seriously has some mental issues and i am not being funny, he needs to get some kind of help and show people that he is not insane. Everyone thinks he is crazy, when he asked anyone else if they wanted to fight you can just imagine how no one took him up thinking he was insane. Until he gets some help no way he gets any sort of respectable deal.
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:46 PM   #23
backrow
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
finally philly stood up

Yeah, Coach Reid stood up. But does the TO debacle inflate their collective salary cap since they will have to pay him all at once?

Old 11-07-2005, 03:50 PM   #24
#56fanatic
The Starter

No doubt this idiot is going to come out and make it sound like the Eagles have ruined his career. I am finally glad to see an organization not give into one of these spoiled atheletes. Every year you hear about somebody holding out to get more money and 8 out of 10 times they get new deals. Which opened up the door for the next guy. Hopefully Philly has started a trend that will be mocked by all the other teams. Either you play for the contract you signed or you dont play. I dont like seeing guys get traded when all this mess comes up, because they end up getting more money when they get to the new team. I stand up and applause Philly's management and coaching staff in dealing with this fool. I would not be sad if he never played a down in his life. What these clowns fail to realize is they are paid to play a GAME!! I would like to see these guys wake up everyday at 5:30 or 6:00am sit in traffic and work 8 to 10 hour days then sit in more traffic just to get home in time to do it all over again. People like TO are the reason some fans get turned off to sports. They are preaching about feeding their families. what kind of family do you have that 7 million a year doesn't cover? way to go andy reid and Co.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:53 PM   #25
56FAN
Special Teams

Well, it's about time. can we now move on to another subject?this one is done.
56FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:53 PM   #26
MTK
\m/

There's no way he ends up in D.C.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #27
PSUSkinsFan21
The Starter

BRAVO to the Ealges (and yes, you did get exactly what you deserved.....but at least you handled it properly)

FU T.O., you're getting exactly what you deserve.

NO WAY does T.O. end up a Redskin as long as Gibbs and/or Williams is running this team.

And as I've said before, to the Dumbass team that picks him up next (and somebody will), you've been warned, you've been put on notice, so when T.O. F@#*S your organization in every way he can.....then I say good for you too.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:25 PM   #28
scowan
The Starter

T.O. is just a baby. Great job Philly organization. Suspend his butt for 3 more games without pay, then pay him for the last 4 games and make him sit at home the rest of the year. (That way they can stay away from the NFLPA) Some team will pick him up for next year and things will be rosey for everyone for a few months, until T.O.'s new QB doesn't throw him enough balls and then he will lose it again!
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:37 PM   #29
Southpaw
The Starter

I'm glad T.O. is getting a smack in the mouth, but I refuse to pat the Eagles organization on the back for doing it. They knew exactly what he was when they signed him, but they stubbornly thought things would be different this time around, and T.O. would be the missing cog needed to get them over the hump, and into a Super Bowl. They then perpetuated this cluster f* by not reprimanding him more harshly, the other half a dozen times he's publicly bashed the team. In my opinion, the Eagles got exactly what they deserved in this situation as well.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:47 PM   #30
Longtimefan
Playmaker

This latest episode is a typical example of why I found it difficult to imagine anyone would even consider him being a Redskin. I recall during the early spring when he was thought to maybe be out of Philly, someone suggested that maybe we should consider this guy (or at least "The Danny Would) Now we can see why everyone thought that to be a very bad idea. Seems to be a guy who has a problem holding grudges, maybe a #1 candidate for anger management.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote