Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Good Outing For LaVar (merged)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-24-2005, 07:34 AM   #16
56FAN
Special Teams

Re: Good Outing For LaVar (merged)

lavar , i missed you. you are the emontional leader of the d, and now that you have submited to the d coach. skys the limit at what you and this can accomplish.great game.
56FAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2005, 07:57 AM   #17
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54
Do you hear all the Lavar haters from the last couple of weeks running to jump on his bandwagon?

Lame. I think keeping Lavar off the field for so long made him even more hungry and contributed to his big game today. But I also feel that he could have had the same effect on the Denver and KC games had he been in there.

Either way, its good to have him back out there.
You should go back read the posts by these 'haters' before you start shooting off at the mouth.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:03 AM   #18
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

LaVar is only going to get better as the year goes on...
Old 10-24-2005, 08:38 AM   #19
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
You should go back read the posts by these 'haters' before you start shooting off at the mouth.
I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone tried to call out the LaVar 'haters'.

I can only speak for myself, and once again I wasn't hating on LaVar, I simply supported the decision to sit him.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:40 AM   #20
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
I can only speak for myself, and once again I wasn't hating on LaVar, I simply supported the decision to sit him.
Yup, exactly.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:43 AM   #21
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I agree. People REALLY just LOVE the "told-ya-so".

We're all friends here, just be satisfied in your mind if you feel the need to call people out. Otherwise things will get ugly and it'll be negative things to read through when we just won fifty-freakin'-two to seventeen!! WOOHOO.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:55 AM   #22
#56fanatic
The Starter

I am one to say the "told ya so" I couldn't wait to get on here today and see what all of "trade LaVar, sit him, cut him" people had to say. you know who you are, and I remember who you are. I have been the most outspoken supporter of LA since all this crap started happening. I just hope its not an allusion, and Gibbs and Co. have him sitting again next week.

LA looked awesome. He was all over the field. and how bout this, only played about 20 snaps, maybe 50%, and still led the team in tackles. The man is a beast, and I will gladly accept all apologies from those who dogged me and railcon56 over the last several weeks!!
GREAT GAME TEAM!!!
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:29 AM   #23
LadyT
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic
I am one to say the "told ya so" I couldn't wait to get on here today and see what all of "trade LaVar, sit him, cut him" people had to say. you know who you are, and I remember who you are. I have been the most outspoken supporter of LA since all this crap started happening. I just hope its not an allusion, and Gibbs and Co. have him sitting again next week.

LA looked awesome. He was all over the field. and how bout this, only played about 20 snaps, maybe 50%, and still led the team in tackles. The man is a beast, and I will gladly accept all apologies from those who dogged me and railcon56 over the last several weeks!!
GREAT GAME TEAM!!!
LaVar needs to be playing and all the time. I wonder if we wouldn't be 5-1 or
6-0 had he been playing during the two losses. Oh well, we'll never know. I'm just glad he's finally been allowed out of the doghouse. I didn't agree with the decision to bench him and couldn't understand why it was being done. But, hopefully, that's history now. We need him now because the opponents only get tougher.
LadyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:30 AM   #24
PSUSkinsFan21
The Starter

I've never supported the decision to sit Lavar, and this game makes my point for me. He's a playmaker, he makes things happen, and he should be on the field 100% of the time. Period.

We can speculate that his play against the 9ers was inspired by his recent benching.....maybe that's the case, maybe it's not. I honestly don't care as long as #56 gets on the field.

I will say this, however. The way he played yesterday makes me wish he was in there to chase down Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, and Tatum Bell in our last two losses. I'm just saying...
Old 10-24-2005, 10:14 AM   #25
Southpaw
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic
I just hope its not an allusion, and Gibbs and Co. have him sitting again next week.

GREAT GAME TEAM!!!
It'll be hard for the coaching staff to use the "he's not getting it" excuse after a performance like that. Holdman has 14 total tackles on the season, averaging about 2.2 per game... LaVar had 9 total tackles yesterday, hmmm...

And just so you know, you're never going to hear an apology for the LaVar haters because everyone will magically forget the remarks they made about the defense being better without him, or him being overrated, etc. Just be happy that he's playing and playing well.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:15 AM   #26
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

If anyone doubts what "56" brings to the table needs to look at the 49ers game again. The enthusiasm that he brings to the defense is infectious. The D-line, linebackers and secondary was flying to the ball. The whole defense played at a higher level. Welcome home Levar! Look out Eli!
hail_2_da_skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:20 AM   #27
railcon56
Impact Rookie

LaVar did the talking like i knew he would!!!! No need to say anything for me...Except you saw a tired rusty LaVar yesterday who didnt even play the whole game.... Stay Tuned!!! The Giants and Eagles have to change their whole offensive game plans ...now that Mr. Arrington is back!!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:20 AM   #28
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
It'll be hard for the coaching staff to use the "he's not getting it" excuse after a performance like that. Holdman has 14 total tackles on the season, averaging about 2.2 per game... LaVar had 9 total tackles yesterday, hmmm...

And just so you know, you're never going to hear an apology for the LaVar haters because everyone will magically forget the remarks they made about the defense being better without him, or him being overrated, etc. Just be happy that he's playing and playing well.
Do you people even read the board?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:21 AM   #29
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
Do you people even read the board?
LOL I was thinking the same thing
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:31 AM   #30
FRPLG
MVP

Funny how I don't seem to remember many 'haters' of Lavar. Seemed like us so called 'haters' were simply SUPPORTERS of the coaches and you all were the 'haters'. The 'haters' of the coaches. Anyone wanna get in a discussion about whether we'd be 1-5 if Lavar had played more early on? It's just as speculative of a discussion as the told-ya-so statements that we'd be 5-1 or 6-0. Is it possible that maybe the time sitting out prepared him him to play well when he finally came in? Is it possible he'd have been a detriment prior to yesterday without the sitting out? It's all speculation so maybe we ought to lay off the told-ya-so stuff since no one can win an argument that has no possible outcome. We can't go back and find out now can we?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote