Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #16
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

While they have him in custody, they should......squeeze Hernandez for the location of Jimmy Hoffa......

Advertisements
Old 07-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #17
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

10News - Report: Chargers RB Ryan Matthews arrested - 10News.com - News

Are they trying to break of record of most arrests in a off-season?

edit: Updated. Now they are changing their story. Saying he's not arrested.

Police: Ryan Mathews NOT arrested | UTSanDiego.com
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 07-01-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
10News - Report: Chargers RB Ryan Matthews arrested - 10News.com - News

Are they trying to break of record of most arrests in a off-season?
It said he wasn't arrested. He is not even a suspect at this time.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #19
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
It said he wasn't arrested. He is not even a suspect at this time.
The original story said he was arrested. They changed the title. As you can see from the headline on the link, the original story had him arrested.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 07-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Well I didn't say Buffalo was winning the division but I'm just saying they will be a surprise this year. ( I did call the colts last year) :-) . Well SF and I did. I don't believe in Miami like a lot of people are.
Well Tannehill sounds like they can win...some games

Ryan Tannehill Confident Dolphins Can Win A Wide-Ranging Number Of Games Next Season | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

He Gets Us
Old 07-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #21
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Gotta love The Onion.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 07-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #22
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Gotta love The Onion.
love this "quote" from Tanny: “It may sound crazy in June, but a zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, or seven-win season isn’t out of the realm of possibility this year.”

fact they list zero...hilarious

He Gets Us
Old 07-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #23
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft should have known better in Aaron Hernandez situation - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Leaving bias aside, I think this article makes a good point. Everyone is quick to put down a team like the Redskins, the Bengals, or the Raiders when they sign players with questionable character; yet the Pats seem to get a pass on the Hernandez situation. Plain and simple, the Patriots f'ed up big time as an organization. Lucky for them, they won't get as much crap from the media and the public as these other organizations would.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #24
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft should have known better in Aaron Hernandez situation - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Leaving bias aside, I think this article makes a good point. Everyone is quick to put down a team like the Redskins, the Bengals, or the Raiders when they sign players with questionable character; yet the Pats seem to get a pass on the Hernandez situation. Plain and simple, the Patriots f'ed up big time as an organization. Lucky for them, they won't get as much crap from the media and the public as these other organizations would.
They should though. They arent the "class act" organization...they have quite a history of bullsh*t over the last 10 years. karma

They owe the fans and league an explination. simple statment doesnt do it.

He Gets Us
Old 07-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #25
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

In all fairness, how did they know he was going to be in this situation 4 years after drafting him? I mean Murder is a pretty hard thing to predict for someone
Old 07-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Belicheat and the FO need to face the public and answer questions. None of this stonewalling. Why draft a guy with questionable character concerns and then give him a 40 million dollar extention?

He Gets Us
Old 07-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #27
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Y! SPORTS

The worst I had ever seen of a background is the kid Dez Bryant," Broaddus told 105.3 FM. "When you look at what he went through and then you’re talking about these players, and it’s hard for them to get away from these people in their lives because these people have been with them when they were nothing, when they were nobodies. All of a sudden you’re thinking ok, I’m going to turn my back on my three buddies here. I have to change, but they ain’t changing.
"I think if Dez Bryant was playing in St. Louis or Baltimore or Seattle, I think the fact that his family is here with him, I think that was a really hard adjustment for him. Hopefully from what we’ve seen, he’s managing that well. That’s the important thing.”
Old 07-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico23231 View Post
belicheat and the fo need to face the public and answer questions. None of this stonewalling. Why draft a guy with questionable character concerns and then give him a 40 million dollar extention?
i do agree about the extension part though
Old 07-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Dallas Cowboys: All-time underrated, overrated players - NFL.com

Tony Romo -- QB, 2003-present
Who He Is: a player whose every mistake is the lead highlight on SportsCenter, and whose career is remembered more for a dropped snap, trip to Mexico and dating Jessica Simpson. Oh, his 7.9 yards per attempt are sixth ALL-TIME.

Why Romo is Underrated: Don't worry Romo haters, at least Romo's passer rating sucks. It's only 95.6, fifth ALL-TIME. Wait! He's not a "winner." Guessing 55-38 is a horrific record. While the Cowboys have a myriad of issues, be it offensive line, DeMarco Murray's health, or a defense that couldn't stop anyone last year, Romo was not the problem. He's been a solid citizen in Dallas and a very good player, if not great. His most famous miscue -- the dropped snap against the Seattle Seahawks -- was bad. Too bad no one ever mentions the fact that almost no starting quarterbacks in the NFL are ever asked to hold for kicks. If Romo is really as terrible as people say he is, then why don't people hate Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson or Drew Henson? Because they stunk.

Interesting Sidenote: An explanation for Romo not being a "Top 100 player" is that he isn't clutch, like an Eli Manning. Take a wild guess who the NFL's active leader in fourth quarter passer rating is ... as in, higher than Brady, Brees, and Eli? Yup, it's Romo.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #30
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Belicheat and the FO need to face the public and answer questions. None of this stonewalling. Why draft a guy with questionable character concerns and then give him a 40 million dollar extention?
Every team drafts players with character issues, Hernandez was drafted in the 4th round, so it wasn't a huge risk, there have been far worst picks than him when it comes to the draft. However, they obviously made a mistake in giving him a contract extension, I do not understand why they didn't wait till his contract was up. Then they gave Gronk an extension as well when he had medical issues. Patriots hurried to resign those players, and now they may be paying 20+ million for players that don't even take the field. If they didn't have Tom Brady Bill would be fired in 2 years.
Closed Thread