Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Draft 2005

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-01-2005, 03:58 PM   #16
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Re: Draft 2005

Who cares about the kid from hampton, hes just going to be a special teamer. We have had blazing fast receivers. Patrick Johnson didnt do anythign for us just becuase he was super fast. Clarrett has no chance of being a redskin. He doesnt want to be a backup, hes going to want to prove he can start and that drafting him late was a mistake. Which basically means hes going to be really hard to sign and work a deal out with.

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2005, 04:02 PM   #17
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanforlife
What about D-END? we need to draft at least one this year.
amen!!! even if its a project type guy instead of an impact player ,we need to do something at that position
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:09 PM   #18
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Yeah most definitely. Also, I wouldn't say people were fickle. Coles shocked us all with that annoucement. I DO however agree that Clarett would be worth taking a shot on if he was around for the 6th or 7th round.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:18 PM   #19
skin4Life28
Special Teams

I would take Clarett also. The forty is the most over-rated event at the combine. Football speed is completly different that just running in no gear on artificial turf. He is a very talented back. I sure hope he makes it to make all you people look dumb. The kid has skills, didn't he lead the Ohio State to a championship. Didn't he play the whole year hurt cause he was there only offense. Man guess he isn't that good. Sure he has problems, but who doesn't. I refuse to write someone off who has not even made the NFL yet.
skin4Life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:22 PM   #20
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

The only time I wrote him off was when people were saying that we should take him with a 1st or 2nd round pick. I would definitely love to see what he can do if he were available after we addressed our other needs. I would love to see him stay that big and be our power back to compliment Portis. Run a few more two back sets.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #21
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection
Yeah most definitely. Also, I wouldn't say people were fickle. Coles shocked us all with that annoucement. I DO however agree that Clarett would be worth taking a shot on if he was around for the 6th or 7th round.
If we did not have Portis I'd say take a long shot with a 6th or 7th on him. A team will take a shot with him and I just have a feeling it will pay off.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:27 PM   #22
offiss

DHS, I like what you did there, if we go after Clayton were going to need a player like Jones a big target in the red zone, personally I would rather take a chance on Jones than Clayton and then see about drafting Roddy White, we already have a couple guy's very similar to Clayton in Coles and Jacob's [if Cole's is still around] the problem that arrises is Wilkerson might last into the 3rd rd and Mathis isn't going to last into the 5th, I defiently like your inclusion of Clarett I just don't think he will last that long, there's a lot being said right now by NFL people about Clarett I just feel team's that are looking for a potential starting back will take a shot at him earlier than the 6th rd. But I defiently like your drafting of Jones, not really sure what rd he will go after his showing at the combines he defiently turned some head's but he is defiently a project as well.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:53 PM   #23
BossHog

Not bad. I'm against drafting Clarett. How do you figure Jason Tuck, Matt Jones and Eric Knott?
BossHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:27 PM   #24
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHog
Not bad. I'm against drafting Clarett. How do you figure Jason Tuck, Matt Jones and Eric Knott?
My original pick for the 2nd round was Marcus Spears but he may go in the first so, I also figured if we traded down we wouldn't be high enough to get spear with a 2nd pick if he sliped that far. My first would be Mike Williams, but he looks like he'll be gone by the 9th pick so that means trade down.
Matt Jones is a big Target who is 6'5, 220 and ran a 4.41. he a pure athelete and will be an awsome pick up. He reminds me of hines ward.

eric knott is good reciever for a tight end and he'll be around when that pick comes up another possibility would be Cody McCardy of TCU

ben wilkerson is a great pick up here I've read that the draft is deep for centers so, he may around this pick hopefully and 2 years ago he won a championship so he knows how to win.

Why 3 wrs,
1. its our weakest area.
2 who knows if we'll drop morton after june 1st cuts thats why Mathis.
3.Also we don't know whether we will keep coles, or McCants so we have to come up with options
Old 03-01-2005, 05:40 PM   #25
e16bball
Special Teams

My offseason would include us keeping Coles, Smoot, and Pierce. With any remaining cap space, I would love to target Reggie Hayward. He is a true pass-rusher off the edge and would really upgrade the 4-man rush.

Then I would like the draft to go like this:

1. Mike Williams, WR, formerly of USC: Huge receiver who makes all the plays in the red zone. I think everyone knows about him, so I won't spend too much time.

3. Ben Wilkerson, C, LSU (or Jason Brown, C, UNC if Wilkerson is too hurt): Both are very smart players. Wilkerson is more a finesse player who is quick and agile. Brown is more of a mauler, one of the strongest guys you will meet. Both could replace Raymer immediately, or at the very least in the middle of the season.

4. Anthony Bryant, DT, Alabama: He is just massive, and offers a strong run-stuffing presence. He isn't particularly fit, but in a rotation with Salave'a he could be very effective and save us some money by allowing us to cut Noble.

6. Dave Kashetta, TE, BC: Basically just a blue-collar, blocking type of TE. He is physical and aggressive, but not much of a receiver. He's just there to come in and smash some heads in goal-to-go and 3rd-and-1 situations.

7. Lang Campbell, QB, William and Mary: Smart and efficient QB. He was named DI-AA offensive player of the year. Lacks big arm strength. Basically a developmental guy that could develop into a good backup QB.

With this offseason, we address basically all of our needs without reaching or overpaying, hopefully. We maintain our core, then add a WR, C, DE, run stuffing DT, and blocking TE. Also we add my favorite college player, Lang Campbell, who led my school to incredible glory this year! (In all seriousness, though, he is a good pick and could easily replace Hasselbeck, IMO) I'm not sure if the money is there for those re-signings AND Hayward, but it's what I would like to happen.
e16bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:45 PM   #26
e16bball
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982
My original pick for the 2nd round was Marcus Spears but he may go in the first so, I also figured if we traded down we wouldn't be high enough to get spear with a 2nd pick if he sliped that far. My first would be Mike Williams, but he looks like he'll be gone by the 9th pick so that means trade down.
Matt Jones is a big Target who is 6'5, 220 and ran a 4.41. he a pure athelete and will be an awsome pick up. He reminds me of hines ward.

eric knott is good reciever for a tight end and he'll be around when that pick comes up another possibility would be Cody McCardy of TCU

ben wilkerson is a great pick up here I've read that the draft is deep for centers so, he may around this pick hopefully and 2 years ago he won a championship so he knows how to win.

Why 3 wrs,
1. its our weakest area.
2 who knows if we'll drop morton after june 1st cuts thats why Mathis.
3.Also we don't know whether we will keep coles, or McCants so we have to come up with options
Mathis won't be available in the 4th. It would be a surprise if he's there for our 3rd rounder. Spears assuredly won't be there in the 2nd, he's probably a top-15 guy. We don't really need a receiving TE, Royal is OK for that, we need a blocker. I do like the Wilkerson pick and also the Jones pick, but I doubt Jones falls there either.
e16bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:47 PM   #27
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

jones rates 3rd on my board behind Willams as far as recievers go. he's gonna be a steal!
Old 03-01-2005, 06:36 PM   #28
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I'd go:
1 - Mike Williams (who I think we can get. The bears will go Edwards and MN will go Derrick Johnson out of Texas, if he's gone it could pose some real problems)
3 - Like others I like the best available center here. I have a feeling Wilkerson.
4 - Take a big bodied TE or a smaller framed OT/OG and convert them to a blocking TE. Look for someone with great hands but not exactly speedy (otherwise he'd be gone by then)
6 - Clarett if he's still on the board. He's better than Betts and Portis is one injury from our offense getting 4 yards a game.
7 - Look for DE or DT here. I honestly feel our line isn't in disarray and we need to give Daniels a chance. Wynn will always be solid. Depth never hurt though.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:51 PM   #29
monk81
The Starter

I like Matt Jones................

I have a feeling Mike Williams will be gone before we pick.........being the pessimist I am.........