Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Would you consider trading Orakpo and Trent Williams for picks?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #16
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Re: Would you consider trading Orakpo and Trent Williams for picks?

I think you also have to look at how difficult it is to rebuild a defense verses rebuilding an offense. Seems like for the past few season, before Orakpo and Kerrigan, we were talking about how the Redskins could never find their present day Charles Mann and Dexter Manley. But, we have been talking for years (long before there was ever a warpath.net) about how the franchise quarterback has eluded the Redskins.

You don't want to lose a Brian Orakpo if you can help it. At the same time, I believe it's easier to find a worthy replacement for him than it is finding that franchise quarterback. So, as much as I love Rak and think him and Kerrigan can have some great years with the Redskins, I would be willing to part with him ONLY if it meant getting Andrew Luck or Sam Bradford (assuming the Rams get the #1 pick.)

Advertisements
Old 12-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #17
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I hope Smith is a great tackle but saying he's done a better job than TW is kind of crazy bro. I'm his biggest fan on here probably but this is even without blinders On
Old 12-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #18
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
In my opinion, Trent Williams is a average LT. He has had some good games here and there. I just believe that Smith has outperformed him against some really tough competition. This makes TW expendable in my book.
Really? So our undrafted rookie off the street is already outperforming the #4 overall pick?? We must be really good evaluators of street talent or really bad drafters.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #19
12thMan
MVP

Sorry pal, you don't just go trading LTs in this league unless you have a Chris Samuels in his prime waiting in the wings. You feel me?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #20
Schneed10
A Dude

1) Trades like this rarely happen in the NFL. 2) Why would you trade TW, who you acquired using the 4th overall pick, for a couple of mid-day picks?? 3) This thread is retarded and I can't believe it has been given serious consideration for worthwhile discussion.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #21
celts32
Playmaker

I would trade Orakpo if it was part of the package to help land a franchise QB. I think he is one of the few players we have that has high value and may even be a little over rated. not looking to move him but for a QB I would.

As for TW his value could not be lower after his suspension. And I completely disagree with the stance that he is an average LT. I think he was taking some strides towards being a very good LT this year. I do not want to trade him at all.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #22
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Willie Smith is not the same caliber as TW. He is easier to beat than TW is to beat nor is he the stalwart in the run blocking department TW is.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.

Last edited by SirClintonPortis; 12-29-2011 at 05:10 PM.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #23
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Really? So our undrafted rookie off the street is already outperforming the #4 overall pick?? We must be really good evaluators of street talent or really bad drafters.
Nah, pot makes you less a skilled player, objective measurables(what you see on tape) be damned. Intuition reigns supreme(even though Manley and Lawrence Taylor beg to differ about drugs affecting ON-FIELD PERFORMANCE).

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #24
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Yes, I would consider doing this.

However, both Williams and Orakpo are cornerstone players on this team, and I would expect at least a 2012 first round pick in return for just one of them. For both of them, we'd have to be getting something special.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #25
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Orakpo is the better trade of the two because:

1) He'll be 26 next season
2) We're already woefully short on elite offensive talent
3) He's getting close to free agency

Again though, you wouldn't trade Orakpo for anything below a first round pick, so this discussion is moot anyway.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #26
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

No, this is silly. You don't trade your young talented players for picks. Some of us are so "pick" crazy. Hell, we just used picks to get these guys!! So the next young thing is better than two players who have a couple of years in our system and are core components of our building process? C'mon.

As for the notion that Smith has outplayed Williams, not really even close. The problem is that some of you/us expect Williams to be a perfect, flawless instant Hall of Famer and he's not. Maybe we can give him the equivalent of 2 whole seasons before we are ready to ship him off somewhere. Sure the drug thing was extremely moronic but if he stays clean he's a cornerstone of our rebuilding process.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman

Last edited by Paintrain; 12-29-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #27
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think TW is being underestimated, but I also don't know where people are getting the impression we'd move either for just any picks
Old 12-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #28
Bushead
Impact Rookie

I know the offseason is fast approaching when the madden trade schemes are own the rise.
Bushead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #29
redskin29633
Special Teams

Lightbulb Re: Would you consider trading Orakpo and Trent Williams for picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
I know a lot of people love Orakpo and probably think I'm crazy for suggesting we trade him. I like the guy a lot too, but it's obvious that he doesn't fit the 3-4 as well as he fits the 4-3. His production has decline each year mainly because he's playing out of position. He's more a 4-3 de than a 3-4 olb. I would consider trading him to move up and acquire a higher pick or more picks. Right now, he has a lot of value.

In my opinion, Trent Williams is a average LT. He has had some good games here and there. I just believe that Smith has outperformed him against some really tough competition. This makes TW expendable in my book. If we can trade him and get some picks or use him as bait to move up in the draft I would be all for it.

What do you think?
My first reaction is no way, but giving it some thought, I would consider trading Williams. I know good offensive linemen are very difficult to find, but in Trent's case, I believe he is overpriced. We pay him considerably more than his worth as a player. It might be worth considering if you could make a good deal, but no way I give him up for just a third round pick. Pot smoking aside, he's worth more than that. That said, the Redskins could make better use of his huge salary cap chunk than the value we receive from his play now. Maybe we could find a taker and speed up the rebuilding process if we get a good deal.

Last edited by redskin29633; 12-29-2011 at 05:56 PM.
redskin29633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #30
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico23231 View Post
unless we are getting a franchise qb or luck in return for one of the two. Trading both for just picks is retarded.
retarded!!!!!
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote