Scud's Studs (Week 12 @ Seattle)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #16
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Scud's Studs (Week 12 @ Seattle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Absolutely shouldn't of been starting. Gotta give him props for playing injured and giving us an edge.
And hyped a million times less than Romo's injury in the media. Although it got a bit old for a while during the game when the announcers kept talking about it over and over again.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #17
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
It seems that crediting Kyle's gameplan for the success enjoyed by Grossman and Helu today is kind of like crediting someone for getting a multiple choice question right on the fourth try after already double guessing a wrong answer. Giving Helu the ball wasn't exactly rocket science. 31 other offensive coordinators would have figured it out quicker.

But at the end of a hard-fought win, offensive production is always better than a lack of it.
Yeah it didn't exactly come across in my OP, but me putting Kyle on the list had some sarcasm behind it. I'm glad he finally woke up, but gosh it took long enough.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #18
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
He's saying it shouldn't have taken this long for Kyle S. to figure out to put the ball in Helu's hands, but now that he did and we've won a game as a result of it it's better late than never.
Oh, OK...
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #19
WilbursHomie
Special Teams

Armstrong for having by far the best Dougie end zone dance in the league again this year.
WilbursHomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:41 AM   #20
over the mountain
Playmaker

i literally pee'd my pants. the skins were that good.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:46 AM   #21
GTripp0012
Living Legend

One more Stud that no one mentioned yet.

Trent Williams: heres why: Williams could have easily taken a couple weeks off after the injury suffered against Dallas -- and I believe if this was his rookie season, he would have -- but this is a totally differerent offensive line with big #71 on it. And so with absolutely nothing on the line, Trent plays on a cold, wet rainy day in Seattle. And for the first time this year, the Redskins erase a 10 point deficit to win.

That's where my game ball goes.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:03 AM   #22
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Helu continues to impress me unlike any other Redskin I've seen in a long time in his postgame comments.

Just watch the first 30 seconds here. How many players do you know of after a day like he had start a press conference by individually naming each of the starting offensive linemen? Not just a generic "the offensive line blocked great" but actually naming all the linemen

Roy Helu: 11-27
Old 11-28-2011, 06:28 AM   #23
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Helu continues to impress me unlike any other Redskin I've seen in a long time in his postgame comments.

Just watch the first 30 seconds here. How many players do you know of after a day like he had start a press conference by individually naming each of the starting offensive linemen? Not just a generic "the offensive line blocked great" but actually naming all the linemen

Yes Helu is impressive,why does it take the frickin coaches so long to realize something? If Helu played this much last week we might have won that game too.
Is there no smoot smackdown this week since we won?
This has got nothing to do with the players in game,but I had to give a smackdown to the radio broadcast.Ive read a lot of complaints about it but I heard it for the first time on satellite radio yesterday.OH MY GAWD! How is Huff still employed? That guy is so bad its way beyond funny.Him and Jurgenson bickering with eath other sounded like 2 drunk fools in a bar.I feel for the people that listen to that every week
Old 11-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #24
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Let's not forget Helu is a rookie, and we don't know if there's something in practice or during games that he's not getting. And as well as he played yesterday, there were still moments where he either ran into his own man, ran into traffic when he could have avoided it, or just didn't display the elusiveness that I thought he had.

But whatever -- even after a solid offensive performance and a win, let's not miss out on a chance to bash the coaches...
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #25
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I'm not sure Helu can sustain a heavy load over time...but there's only one way to find out.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #26
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm not sure Helu can sustain a heavy load over time...but there's only one way to find out.
Yeah, there's a lot of talented guys who aren't good in a featured role. I just don't think the fear that Helu could be like that at all justifies how the RBs were managed this year.

Tim Hightower got hurt in Week 7. It's Week 12. The five weeks in between were totally wasted from an offensive perspective, save the two week stretch where Hankerson made headlines.

Helu is averaging 4.8 yards per carry, which would rank 9th amongst qualifing RBs if, you know, he had a chance to qualify.

Last edited by GTripp0012; 11-28-2011 at 07:31 AM.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #27
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Helu was impressive and showed he can carry the load. Ride him the rest of the year.

I've gotta give some props to Rexy, that "F it I'm going deep" 50 yard bomb was clutch.
I agree about Rex. He just keeps bouncing back no matter what happens.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #28
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Love his attitude. Wish his attitude reflected the rest of the team's attitude. And I agree that he may not be suited for a heavy work role, but that doesn't mean we have to play him sparingly.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'd give helu 20 touches a game at least
Old 11-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #30
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

I have a question about one of the penalties against Washington yesterday: At one point in the first quarter, Helu was called for an illegal chop block on third and 3, while Grossman threw an incompletion. Immediately after, the ref said that Seattle declined the penalty, setting up 4th and 3 at the Seahawks 30-yard line. I was surprised at this, because the Redskins appeared to begin lining up to go for it on 4th down.

Then, the referree announced that the Seahawks accepted the penalty, and the Skins wound up punting. Can a team decline a penalty, then change their mind after the fact and accept it when it looks like the opposing team isn't going to punt?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote