Report: Bears will claim Orton | ProFootballTalk

Advertisements
Old 11-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #17
SOUL-SKINS
Impact Rookie

Re: Grossman, Beck or-ton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Orton isn't even good. The point is the Redskins are going to (I presume) pass on him now for the same reasons they passed on all quarterbacks with some skill before. They're more interested in finding the right guys to prove a point than they are in finding guys that can improve the offense.

But hey, Donte Stallworth: 4 targets, 4 catches with a TD on Sunday. You win this round, Mike Shanahan!
this is exactly correct sir....
Old 11-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #18
jonny5dicky

It's funny because this team would be in serious division contention if the Redskins didn't put a quarterback in that will never be considered a starting option again in this league. There is no way Rex Grossman would have lost 6 games in a row as a starter, just goes to show you what a failure this franchise has been the past 20 years. I bet he puts up big numbers the rest of the season and enters next year as starter and can't wait until we cut that loser Beck. What a wasted season that had so much hope.
jonny5dicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #19
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5dicky View Post
It's funny because this team would be in serious division contention if the Redskins didn't put a quarterback in that will never be considered a starting option again in this league. There is no way Rex Grossman would have lost 6 games in a row as a starter, just goes to show you what a failure this franchise has been the past 20 years. I bet he puts up big numbers the rest of the season and enters next year as starter and can't wait until we cut that loser Beck. What a wasted season that had so much hope.
Uh oh, Rex Grossman's mother is back. How dare they bench Grossman, all 4 of those picks against Philly were everybody else's fault.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #20
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I agree but Rex's last game against Philly was just plain stupid.. We had a chance if he didn't throw 4 Ints
Old 11-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #21
Big C
Mr. Brightside

id bring him in if shannahan thinks he can be a starter next year so he'd have more time to learn the system. otherwise, no thanks.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #22
Counter-Tre
Special Teams

Does Orton's release mean the Broncos are gonna be in the hunt for a QB in the draft as well? I don't want any more competition for the Skins.
Counter-Tre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter-Tre View Post
Does Orton's release mean the Broncos are gonna be in the hunt for a QB in the draft as well? I don't want any more competition for the Skins.
They were anyway
Old 11-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #24
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Uh oh, Rex Grossman's mother is back. How dare they bench Grossman, all 4 of those picks against Philly were everybody else's fault.
Can he control himself when we talk about drafting a fresh face at the QB position in next year's draft?

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #25
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter-Tre View Post
Why would they?
They already have the second coming of Bronko Nagurski.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:51 PM   #26
jonny5dicky

No, it's just funny because I was right that Grossman was going to start the season over Beck, and still correct that Grossman should have never been benched if this team had a clue. Look at the division, we would be in perfect contention if they didn't put in an incapable quarterback who had 14 completions to a rb, what a bum... I'm not opposed to drafting a quarterback, he just has to be good. But I think Rex should be the starter next season becuase you won't find anybody better. The rest of the team around Rex is what sucks, not Rex.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #27
jonny5dicky

The team was coming out of a bye week, they should have accepted that he was rusty, because the benching of Grossman is EXACTLY why the season is already over.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #28
jonny5dicky

Grossman would have lit up the Bills by the way as Beck couldn't muster a point. I hope I do get banned again, you're all idiots that have no idea what a good quarterback is, Rex is the best quarterback this team has had in the last 20 years and he gets benched for Beck. I've been a Redskins fan for 18 years but it's obvious that they really are the laughing stock of the league, just pitiful and sad.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #29
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Im cool w getting him and releasing Beck. Grossman is a FA next year so who knows what's gonna happen with him. And as pointed out in pft orton is a fa next year too so if we give him a shot, he fails and signs with another team well get a compensatory draft pick. why not take a chance, when theres only something to gain either way?
Old 11-22-2011, 11:14 PM   #30
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Grossman would have lit up the Bills by the way as Beck couldn't muster a point. I hope I do get banned again, you're all idiots that have no idea what a good quarterback is, Rex is the best quarterback this team has had in the last 20 years and he gets benched for Beck. I've been a Redskins fan for 18 years but it's obvious that they really are the laughing stock of the league, just pitiful and sad.
I too am a Grossman fan, though not to the extent you are. And I think it's a shame he didn't leave any doubt he should be the starter. I understand all interceptions are not his fault. But he made some pretty awful decisions against the Eagles in a game that could have catapulted us and ended their season all at once.

There's no question Rex is better than Beck and yeah we probably would have a better record with him as the starter. But he also had pneumonia and couldn't play anyway.

But anyway, I'd advise you not to say we're all idiots