Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins @ Dolphins Pregame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #16
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Skins @ Dolphins Pregame Thread

I'm not watching either I'll DVR it but even if we win I prob won't watch we r that hard to watch folks I'll be watching other games if I'm
Even home

Advertisements
Old 11-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #17
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

I suppose that I am weird but I don't get some of you. I watch every play of every game that I can, no matter how bad we are. Sometimes a DVR is necessary when life rudely intrudes on football but still I do the best that I can. The idea of just not watching is foreign to me.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 11-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #18
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I suppose that I am weird but I don't get some of you. I watch every play of every game that I can, no matter how bad we are. Sometimes a DVR is necessary when life rudely intrudes on football but still I do the best that I can. The idea of just not watching is foreign to me.
Ditto.

I expect a loss Sun but so what. There's a couple/few guys like Kerrigan, Rak, and Helu I'm excited to watch every game.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #19
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I hear ya, I used to be like that. I guess the past few years has just kinda drained my fan energy. I recorded last week's game but didn't bother watching a second of it. I'm really not interested in seeing Beck dump it down 14 times. It's like self torture, I just don't see the point.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #20
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Watching London Fletcher bust his tail on a below par team another year gets my goat.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #21
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I've never missed a game actually but I'm
Just tired of the SOS lotus it has really worn on me
Old 11-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #22
SOUL-SKINS
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I hear ya, I used to be like that. I guess the past few years has just kinda drained my fan energy. I recorded last week's game but didn't bother watching a second of it. I'm really not interested in seeing Beck dump it down 14 times. It's like self torture, I just don't see the point.
That's weird to me Matty.... You put in a lot of time here on the warpath ( being one of the top guys) and you discuss alot of topics during the week but then not watch what we talk about everyday??? Afterall isn't that what this is all about. The game themselves. C'mon .... You deserve to be depressed and tortured like the rest of us.... And the sad thing for me is that I actually pay for this ..... Since I live in CT the skins are hardly ever on so I pay for the NFL ticket... It's almost like a slap in the face.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I have Sunday ticket also but I'm w Matt on this one guys
Old 11-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #24
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Same hear I use to wear I have seen every game/down as a badge of honor and then I started realizing I am wasting my Sundays watching these guys play. I beat from 1987 to say 2006 I never missed a game or play the past few years I say I probably miss on average about 6 games.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #25
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Lotus I was that way for many many years. I've been through the good and all of the bad. But for me, lately, the emotional attachment to this team is not what it use to be. If there's another good game on while the Skins are playing I find myself watching it, simply casue I like watching quality football. Right now Miami is w/out question a better team than we are and I expect them to win on Sun. Not sure if I'll watch it or not. I know I can't watch the offense anymore. Pittsbugh/Cincy looks like a real good game and I know I'll watch some of it.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #26
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I've had the ticket since I was 14 years old (I always paid myself) and it's been 10'years and my streak is still alive.. But i have never been so down on us even when we had zorn we atleast went 8-8 one year
Old 11-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #27
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUL-SKINS View Post
That's weird to me Matty.... You put in a lot of time here on the warpath ( being one of the top guys) and you discuss alot of topics during the week but then not watch what we talk about everyday??? Afterall isn't that what this is all about. The game themselves. C'mon .... You deserve to be depressed and tortured like the rest of us.... And the sad thing for me is that I actually pay for this ..... Since I live in CT the skins are hardly ever on so I pay for the NFL ticket... It's almost like a slap in the face.
What's the benefit to watching last week's game? Seems like it was a fairly boring game with not much offense from either side, Beck dumped it off to Helu 14 times which is ridiculous, and we didn't score a TD until garbage time. I was depressed enough after just watching the highlights and reading up on it.

**I forgot, I actually did catch some of it live on my phone with the Sunday Ticket app.**
Old 11-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #28
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Its cause their is no relief in sight.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #29
MTK
\m/

The phins are a horrible home team, so at least we have that going for us.

I can see the Skins pulling out a close ugly one. 13-10.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #30
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I feel you, but I'm not exactly upset that I have to work Sunday. I'll definitely be going home to catch the game, but if it becomes a blowout I'll stop watching. Which I don't expect it to be. It should be close, but if Beck fails to show up yet again it's definitely going to be hard to watch. It gets to the point where when the offense comes on the field you just expect a 3 and out, or a turnover, or something. Last time I felt like that was 2009.