Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Celtics vs. Bulls

Other Sports

Old 05-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #16
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: Celtics vs. Bulls

I am just sick of Noah but ever great series must have a "heel" and their "faces". It is what makes it exiciting.

Advertisements
Old 05-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #17
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I hope the Bulls win this series I am sick of the Celtics
Sick of the Celtics??? Because of 1 championship in the past 2 decades? The Celts were HORRIBLE for years and had serious bad luck (reggie lewis, lenny bias, getting screwed out of tim duncan, and getting screwed out of 1st draft pick 2 years ago).
LOVE LIVE THE C's!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #18
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Do you know how bad KG must be right now? This series must be eating him alive inside.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #19
MTK
\m/

If KG was playing the series might not have been this good. C's probably would have won it already.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #20
dmek25
MVP

there are rumors Garnett might try to play in game seven. and whats up with Rondo? all of a sudden he turns into a dirty player? i guarantee if the 7 foot Miller smacked him the face, in the same situation, there would have been a suspension. and what he did to Heinrich was down right dirty. but you are right. what a series
Old 05-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #21
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
If KG was playing the series might not have been this good. C's probably would have won it already.

Exactly, that is why it is killing him. I love Rondo, I think he is in the spotlight right now and has let the emotion of the game get to him but he really is not a dirty player.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #22
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Sick of the Bulls? I never got that argument. Sure they were great during Jordan but the Celtics are the most dominant franchise in the NBA, EVER. More championships than anyone with 17! They won EIGHT straight in the 60's and have won 2-3 each decade since(Except 90's). This decade it has only been one, but that is one more than the Bulls.

Bulls only dominated in the 90's winning 3 in a row twice. But that is it! Boston has been a whole heck of a lot more dominate since the 50's. Unless you only account for the 90's you can't be "sick" of the Bulls. If you really want to says Bulls have been dominant in the NBA you MUST be comprehensive and Celtics have shown they can win consistently throughout time.
This was mostly a zing at Quake.

But, I'm a huge Celtic fan since the mid-70s so I know the history very well. My son's godfather is from Chicago and a huge Bulls fan. Needless to say listening to the Jordan and Bulls crap for the better part of a decade got pretty old. I can't stand Jordan either.

Although I do like these Bulls, Rose, Gordon and Heinrich are a great backcourt. They find a big man (Stoudamire??) and they'll be a force for several years.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #23
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Regardless what happens in game seven it is better to be a Bulls fan, their future is much brighter. The Celtics bet the house on one season and got a Championship, they may have gone back to back this year if injuries had not killed them by next year they will be to old to do anything. It was fun while it leasted now back to reality. =(

Can we have Al Jefferson back now?
Old 05-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #24
DoggDayAfternoon
Camp Scrub

Best first round series enough said
DoggDayAfternoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #25
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
there are rumors Garnett might try to play in game seven. and whats up with Rondo? all of a sudden he turns into a dirty player? i guarantee if the 7 foot Miller smacked him the face, in the same situation, there would have been a suspension.
1- Rondo is NOT a dirty player! The play on Miller, while rough, was not suspension worthy. He did not intentionally try to hurt Miller, you could tell by the way he came in, and the follow through. If it was accidental by miller, I would expect the same results.
2- Rondo was tossed to the floor in one of the first 2 games (can't remember which) and no suspension was tossed out. This is the playoffs. Regular season, maybe a suspension would be handed out in both cases, but not the playoffs. You have to do a Dwight Howard to get suspended.
3- Garnett has had waaaay too many rumors. A TON of people have already said he's done. I would imagine he would show up for the Cavs series if he is going to at all. That might be worth a career ending injury to him, but not the Bulls. The rumor is that he will suite up, possibly for motivational reasons, not play.

Quote:
and what he did to Heinrich was down right dirty. but you are right. what a series
I must have missed something, please inform me of what Rondo did to Heinrich.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #26
dmek25
MVP

1. that was not accidental. he made absolutely NO play on the ball.
2. getting knocked to the floor is one thing. getting free bridge work by someone other then your dentist is another
3. i agree with this. just more drama
4. Heinrich boxed Rondo out. Rondo then decided to grab him by the arm, and toss him into the scorers table. no other way to stick up for him in this situation. it was a dirty play
Old 05-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #27
Superman13732
Special Teams

Basketball sucks ass. Go CAPS!!!
Superman13732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #28
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Sick of the Bulls? I never got that argument. Sure they were great during Jordan but the Celtics are the most dominant franchise in the NBA, EVER. More championships than anyone with 17! They won EIGHT straight in the 60's and have won 2-3 each decade since(Except 90's). This decade it has only been one, but that is one more than the Bulls.

Bulls only dominated in the 90's winning 3 in a row twice. But that is it! Boston has been a whole heck of a lot more dominate since the 50's. Unless you only account for the 90's you can't be "sick" of the Bulls. If you really want to says Bulls have been dominant in the NBA you MUST be comprehensive and Celtics have shown they can win consistently throughout time.
If jordan hadnt retired it would have been 8 in a row

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #29
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Sick of the Celtics??? Because of 1 championship in the past 2 decades? The Celts were HORRIBLE for years and had serious bad luck (reggie lewis, lenny bias, getting screwed out of tim duncan, and getting screwed out of 1st draft pick 2 years ago).
LOVE LIVE THE C's!

man screw boston and not only throwing him into the table but also throwing an elbow at him, WTF? the first incident although tough foul looked intentional but this was just over the top. He should have been suspended

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #30
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman13732 View Post
Basketball sucks ass. Go CAPS!!!

Well did you think we would be discussing the Caps in a thread called Celtics vs. Bulls? Thanks for your insight butt cheese.