Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Caps and Rangers Series Preview

Other Sports

Old 04-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #16
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: Caps and Rangers Series Preview

No question tomorrow's game is a must-win. Without a doubt.

Advertisements
Old 04-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #17
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

effin caps are killin me
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #18
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
effin caps are killin me
Still, if any team can come back in any series right now, I think the Caps can do it vs the Rangers. It certainly should be concerning, but the Caps ARE better than the Rangers and it should reflect that eventually...at least I think.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #19
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Big Night Tonight...

I know I'm against everyone else on the board (kind of weird being like that on this board lol)

I'm super excited about the game tonight though.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #20
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Big Night Tonight...

I know I'm against everyone else on the board (kind of weird being like that on this board lol)

I'm super excited about the game tonight though.
You of all people Gmanc....damn trader!

I hope we kick your ass in your barn, it is time for payback! Ovy spying and all...we should have the upper hand....? lol

Should and WILL be a good one. Its now or never for MY CAPS! Tonight is a MUST WIN!

GO CAPS!!!!!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #21
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
You're not against me buddy...I want the rangers to win...that will make the Bruins road easier!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #22
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Way to go VARLEY & CAPS! The new #1 goalie...Theo take a seat!

That's a way to kick that NY ass, keep that dumb ass avery the turd in the sin bin! 4-0 CAPS!!!! This is the CAPS best performance by FAR, just what the Dr. ordered! Looked more like the regular season team I'm used to seeing.

Nice game Pothier, Semin, #8, Johnny E, nice to see BRASH, Nicky Back, and the shutout for VARLEY=GAME PUCK AND STARTING JOB.

We now have a series. The CAPS will now have some confidence moving into Wednesdays game, in a big way.

Washington Capitals vs. New York Rangers - GameCast - April 20, 2009 - ESPN

GO CAPS!!!!!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

Last edited by skinsfan_nn; 04-20-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #23
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Way to go VARLEY & CAPS! The new #1 goalie...Theo take a seat!

VARLEY=GAME PUCK AND STARTING JOB.
Wow, you are trusting the team to a goalie that played only 6 games (329 minutes)??? Theo got you there, you don't abandon him now. He led you to the 2nd best team in the east!

While I was checking on the stats, I noticed that Ovechkin had only a +8 for the season, and he had 110 points. Does he not play D at all? I am really curious as to what you guys think this is from. I was shocked when I saw that.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #24
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Well, that was about as bad of a playoff game as I've seen the Rangers play in 4 seasons (although they did have some pretty dreadful losses when they got swept by New Jersey in 2005...)

Credit goes to Washington, they pretty much dominated every phase of the game.... New York really better pick up the offense, because they've scored only one goal in two games, and that is really not that good. I still thought Henrik Lungdqvist played pretty well last night all things considered...but if that offense doesnt show up (and this is how it looked when it was REALLLY bad for NYR back in like February), Washington will win this series 4-2. No doubt about it.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #25
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Wow, you are trusting the team to a goalie that played only 6 games (329 minutes)??? Theo got you there, you don't abandon him now. He led you to the 2nd best team in the east!

While I was checking on the stats, I noticed that Ovechkin had only a +8 for the season, and he had 110 points. Does he not play D at all? I am really curious as to what you guys think this is from. I was shocked when I saw that.
Thats correct. Theo played the last 10 to 15 games of the regular season against weaker teams and just played so,so. Bottom line.

This is the playoffs. You go with the HOT hand NOW tomorrow might not come! Theo played awful in game 1, letting in 3 WEAK goals. VARLEY played very well in his first game, and stood on his head last night! 4-zip. Its kind of common sense to stick with who's HOT RIGHT NOW.

As far as OVY who cares about a plus 8. He's the leading goal scorer in the NHL and second in points. There is NOT a better or more well rounded STUD in this game than OVY. And yes he plays D for example, did you happen to see the play last pm when the rangers had a break away until OVY caught up dove and threw a stick check on the player to avoid a one on one player vs. goalie without a penality.....

Old 04-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #26
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

ovy needs to get his head in it for the playoffs a bit. That defensive play was great, but he was also the one who gave that guy the wide open breakaway. If the Caps keep that up they could go far. Im not a huge hockey fan, but I have been enjoying this series thus far.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #27
GMScud
Swearinger

That was hard to watch. To hold Ovie to 1 goal in 12 periods is pretty commendable. Lundqvist is worth every penny. The guy is insane. Very frustrating.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #28
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
That was hard to watch. To hold Ovie to 1 goal in 12 periods is pretty commendable. Lundqvist is worth every penny. The guy is insane. Very frustrating.
I know it was hard to watch on the wrong end...but man that was some epic playoff hockey towards the end of that game... I was freaking out... I said before the series started that I didn't think the Rangers offense could keep up with Washington, but if Lundqvist could string together a few nice games that they'd have a good shot... and he's played out of his mind.. I'm surprised the series has been this low scoring, though..

..Did anyone catch the end of the Hurricanes/Devils game last night? Man oh man that was awesome..
Old 04-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #29
GMScud
Swearinger

Our pressure in the 2nd and 3rd was unreal. We were just peppering Lundqvist, and he was a wall. I guess there's a reason he's the highest paid netminder in the league. Sheesh. When I think of Semin's wraparound, and Federov and Ovie's slapshots that hit the post... Man we could have had 4 or 5 tallies easiy. We should go stick side more on him. His glove side is inpenetrable.

We really blew it with two missed power plays in the third. And Sean Avery is a punk effer. Hate that dude. His spinning fist to Jurcina's face should have been a 5 minute major.

I didn't sit down the entire 3rd period. That last 6-5 flurry when we pulled Varlamov was nuts.

Last edited by GMScud; 04-22-2009 at 11:47 PM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #30
over the mountain
Playmaker

strong goal tending will carry a tough nosed team through the playoffs like the rangers. I remember back 15 + years ago the caps were on a roll, first time in the conference finals and we face andy moog. he was unbeatable before the series and went on to sweep us.

do the caps resemble the mavs of a few years ago? high scoring regular season champs but when the grind-it-out play good defense dont give up any cheap goals playoffs come around its a different sport?

went to every caps game for about 15 years, havent really followed them since the lockout, was really hoping to get back on the bandwagon.