Injury report

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #16
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Injury report

From RI:

Quote:
Tailback Ladell Betts performed well in practice with a brace on his injured knee. "He made some cuts," Zorn said, hoping that if Portis misses Sunday night's game against Dallas that Betts will be able to start.

Rookie wide receiver Malcolm Kelly is prorgessing in practice, Zorn said, and has had no setbacks with his knee. However, Zorn does not expect to activate Kelly this week because he is "so far behind" but is encouraged by what he has seen.

"I'm just glad he's out there and feeling no pain," Zorn said.

It is not looking as if Marcus Washington (shoulder) or Anthony Montgomery (Achilles') will be able to play. Shawn Springs is still expected to play and Zorn said that cornerback DeAngelo Hall, acquired last weekend, will participate on some kickoff units and play an undetermined amount of snaps on defense.

Advertisements
Old 11-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #17
GTripp0012
Living Legend

We can live without Monty and Washington against Dallas, but it means that Rocky's play is going to be all the more critical with Blades starting at SLB. Looks like there won't be much of a boost to the passing game with Kelly still inactive, but I expect them to feature a lot of Fred Davis in the offense.

We can't live without Springs, so it's good to know he still plans to play.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #18
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
WTF happened to Springs?
ESPN reported that he practiced yesterday and would play Sunday.
I think the initial post was wrong. Everything I've read says he's been practicing and will play. Although he'll probably only last 1 or 2 quarters before another annoying nagging injury surfaces.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #19
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
We can live without Monty and Washington against Dallas, but it means that Rocky's play is going to be all the more critical with Blades starting at SLB. Looks like there won't be much of a boost to the passing game with Kelly still inactive, but I expect them to feature a lot of Fred Davis in the offense.

We can't live without Springs, so it's good to know he still plans to play.
Why we refuse to IR Kelly is way beyond me, especially with Moss not at full strength. Sign someone who can at least make it into shoulder pads on Sundays.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #20
DIRTEE
Special Teams

Derrick Mix is waiting on the call. He can be ready on Sunday evening.
DIRTEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:12 PM   #21
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTEE View Post
Derrick Mix is waiting on the call. He can be ready on Sunday evening.
Who's Derrick Mix? Please tell me you don't mean Anthony Mix.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #22
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Who's Derrick Mix? Please tell me you don't mean Anthony Mix.
Anthony's brother.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #23
horse
Impact Rookie

I think to a degree if a team can run they can run, Ofcourse they run better with Porits but if their opening holes we have guys to run through them. Now onto Springs this is getting fucking rediculous look how hurt Smoot was and Los Samuels and Moss, their all playing. Maybe it's frustration cause of how much better he makes us but I mean it does'nt matter how good he is if he does'nt play. I say if Hall has his shit together at Springs price and the fact he does'nt play I say let him go.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #24
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
This may sound dumb to a lot of people, but given Portis' injury, I'm glad he's not likely to play. A grade 2 MCL sprain is a partial tear. One wrong move and it could tear completely, and then we'd lose him for 6 weeks at least. I'd actually prefer to sit him this week and next week @ Seattle. Bring him back full speed for our home game against the Giants 11/30.

I had a feeling Springs' calf was torn after the Dallas game. No one misses 6 weeks with a calf strain. Good thing we signed Hall I guess.
Agreed on CP and sitting a couple of weeks. As to Springs I hope he can contribute again at some point this year but I'm worried. Considering the Kelly debacle I'm suspicious Zorn hesitates too much before pulling the trigger. Kelly probably should have been put on IR weeks/months ago and contemplating Springs horrible injury history and how much he struggles to play through even some sand in the vagina it may be wise to IR him now or if he won't agree now to a huge pay cut for next year possibly cut him ASAP. I know this sounds crazy because he is our best DB when healthy but this year has seen a return to his super brittle days and again he cannot work through injuries. Also seems sort of in fashion right now around the league to dump the problems... Springs is a huge f'n problem sucking down $8 mil a year while he chills on the sideline. (obviously i'm a little sick of this guy - my very elderly grandma has fewer health problems for f sake.)
Old 11-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #25
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
This may sound dumb to a lot of people, but given Portis' injury, I'm glad he's not likely to play. A grade 2 MCL sprain is a partial tear. One wrong move and it could tear completely, and then we'd lose him for 6 weeks at least. I'd actually prefer to sit him this week and next week @ Seattle. Bring him back full speed for our home game against the Giants 11/30.

I had a feeling Springs' calf was torn after the Dallas game. No one misses 6 weeks with a calf strain. Good thing we signed Hall I guess.
I completely agree about CP. We don't want to burn him out now, even if he can play, because we will need him in January!

In the injury report Zorn says that Kelly's knees are ok now and that he will be held out for lack of reps. That is not good for this week, but maybe, just maybe, we're finally on track to have him contribute down the line.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:08 PM   #26
53Fan
Franchise Player

From what I've been seeing Betts and Moss are'nt looking to bad. At least that's what their saying on WashingtonRedskins.com
Old 11-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #27
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

According to Vinnie on his show this morning, Betts "looks good" to go, and Springs is "game-time" decision.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #28
cdskins26
Special Teams

thank god we signed alexander, even if we only need him for a week. what about Jason Taylor, and Hall?
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #29
redskinjim
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I say give the ball to the Rock, he can do it the way Brian Mitchell did it a few years ago. He has gotten over 100 yards in game before, can't remember the game but he's done it.
rock can do we have run it with him before.air the ball deep and early to moss keep them in cover2 then the delay handoff to rock will work very nicely
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #30
redskinjim
Special Teams

first play go deep to moss set the tone early both teams will be fired up for this game i just hope romo chokes
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote