Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #16
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Cheering for Dallas this Sunday.....????

I say let Dallas lose, and never mind injuries etc. If we can't beat the Giants now, what makes you think we could beat them in the playoffs? Nope, we need to beat everyone we can and let every other team worry about their own records. We should get into the playoffs by our own effort, not by relying on other teams results.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #17
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post

Is it me or have our Dallas posters disappeared the past couple of weeks.
One sighting on the Redskins in the Probowl thread. A funny one at that!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #18
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Actualy this is a good thread to debate which would be the best for the skins a Dallas win or Giants. Why would that make you mad? I agree with others that we really need this to come down to us and the Giants and one of us winning the division and the other a wild card spot. I also hope its a hard fought game and they beat the crap out of each other.

So for all of you who say you could never cheer for Dallas what will you do if we need Dallas to beat Philly in week 17 for us to advance to the playoffs?

Is it me or have our Dallas posters disappeared the past couple of weeks.
Kinda makes you wonder why they'd join our little community here to begin with. When they are winning games they post with the best of 'em, especially if we happen to be losing at the same time.

They have one thing in common with their team- they disappear at the first sign of a little adversity.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #19
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeuon View Post
Oh God....trust me. Writing the title to the thread was hard enough.
But I wanted to hear opinions on whether we really want Dallas to win against the Giants this week. :vomit: I don't know if I'm capable of wanting Dallas to actually win a game. Lol
I suppose having Dallas at 6-3, still one game behind us (because we will win Monday!) And bringing the G-men back to us, tied for 1st 6-2 & 7-2 is a better situation for the Skins right.
Writing the title to the thread was hard enough......Well why the hell did you write it then, must not have been to hard? It should be Oh GOD PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

You should be banned starting threads forever, with this thread!

CHEER FOR THE GIRLS,HELL NO! NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!

You wanted opinions, theres mine.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:16 AM   #20
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

G-men!! If Dallas wins they get momentum and a bye week to regroup and possibly get Romo back, not good. I say G-men show no mercy and stomp on the pokes.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #21
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
G-men!! If Dallas wins they get momentum and a bye week to regroup and possibly get Romo back, not good. I say G-men show no mercy and stomp on the pokes.
It's worth noting that record-wise the Giants have already played the easiest chunk of their schedule by far. Their remaining opponents are a combined 32-20, good for the tougest second half schedule in football. I think it's pretty safe to say they will drop off a little.

I think it's best Dallas gets a nice pounding this weekend.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #22
53Fan
Franchise Player

Bury 'em an put and end to their misery. Better to let them know what they are then to go on letting them think their something their not. The "Reckoning" is coming at FedEx after the bye week.

Last edited by 53Fan; 10-29-2008 at 12:08 PM.
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:37 AM   #23
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

While I think its a legitimate question b/c, ultimately, my desire for the Skins success outweighs my hatred of Dallas or Philly. With that said, I agree with those that said a Giant loss at this time guarrantees us nothing and still leaves our fate pretty much in our hands. Therefore, hatred of Dallas trumps the speculation that a Giant loss will be helpful to us.

I want Dallas to lose and for the two teams to beat each other senseless.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #24
cochise
Camp Scrub

Could care less who wins and losses its a win-win for us. Either way their both physcal teams and both will come out banged up the way the Steelers are feeling right now limping into DC where we will finish'em off to the scrap heap.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #25
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I want Dallas to win. It will make it easier for us to win the division and have a home playoff game. I hate Dallas as much as anyone else, but I'd rather be home for the playoffs than on the road.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #26
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Dallas is going to get beat down so there is no reason to even think of rooting for them. Brad Johnson is terrible and is going to get sacked 10 times. Plus they have no one to cover Plax.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #27
53Fan
Franchise Player

We've been complaining about letting teams hang around and gaining confidence during games. Crush Dallas. We'll deal with NY when the time comes. The hardest part of their schedule is coming up.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #28
redwarrior111
Camp Scrub

Coming into all this, I was thrilled to find out that Redskins rival was Dallas, my jerk-off neo-pedifilic bosses' favorite team. Without much background knowledge I easily jumped on board with this part of our franchise.

A Dallas / Redskin superbowl one day would be fun for the amount of emmotion it would have...But there is another aspect of football I like better. I've been a martial artist and student of the warrior tradition for years. Football for me is very reminesent of Spartan phalax style combat.

In that light, I see the giants as an honorable franchise. Not my franchise. But a respectable one. And one we would be honored to wage war against. If we are like sparta they are like Troy. But the Athenean boy-lovers in Dallas are not honorable opponets. Should we root for the them because we fear NY? I fear no one! Nor do the Redskins.
redwarrior111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #29
Takeuon
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Writing the title to the thread was hard enough......Well why the hell did you write it then, must not have been to hard? It should be Oh GOD PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

You should be banned starting threads forever, with this thread!

CHEER FOR THE GIRLS,HELL NO! NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!

You wanted opinions, theres mine.
thank you for your well thought out answer. I see you put much effort in your attempt to bash and ban me. But very little in any reasoning to actually put forth your opinion on the effects of a win vs loss in terms of standings.
But hey....I'll be here waiting to get banned to please you because you did not like the title of my thread. Sure got your attention though.
#21 Will always be missed. Gone but not forgotten
Takeuon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #30
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I want Dallas to win. It will make it easier for us to win the division and have a home playoff game. I hate Dallas as much as anyone else, but I'd rather be home for the playoffs than on the road.
I agree with the premise of your argument: Regardless of any hatred for the Cowboys, I desire the path that helps the Skins' post-season chances the most. The best of all outcomes is that the Skins succeed and the Cowboys fail miserably. Ultimately, however, regardless of the Cowboys' success or failure, I would much rather have the Skins' succeed.

I disagree, however, with your application: At this time of the season, it is pure speculation as to whether a Dallas or Giant win wil be more helpful to us at the END of the season. It may turn out that the Giants' schedule causes them three or four losses and that, after Romo's return, the Cowboys go on a roll (well - after, playing us). In that case, we may well be saying "Damn, if the Giants had just beaten them back in October, we'd be sitting pretty". Alternatively, a good Giant beat down of the Cowboys may 'cause more dissension right before the bye and lead to their final implosion. Right now, it's just too damn random as to who will be the bigger threat down the road.

Realize what a special moment in your life this is: Rare are the times in life that, after a careful logical analysis, you realize you can just ride your emotions for all their worth. In such cases, even irrational hatred is logical. This is one of those times. Since that's the case, just go with your gut and let your Cowboys hate flow for all your worth. Consider it a primal cleansing.

Enjoy the Cowboy hate, feel it, be one with it. Through a rare convergence of nature's logic and randomness, the Universe has declared that, this weekend, it will be good for all Skns fans.

It is truly a beautiful thing.