Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Hey, the sun did rise this morning!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #16
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Hey, the sun did rise this morning!

I didn't see the game, I'll watch the replay on NFL-N at 1pm but I doubt that, as seems to be the prevailing notion on here, that we are destined to be the '07 Dolphins all of a sudden. We got our asses kicked.

You may want to find something better to do. We got steam rolled. Even though it was only preseason I had to stop watching at half time. I simply couldn't watch anymore. I'm not the negative nanny type but I kept grasping for anything that would help me understand the blow out.

I kept thinking maybe it's the plays Zorn picked for the team to learn during this game, but that does not answer the tackling issue the Defense had. I kept going back to Zorn saying something along the lines of ...."I'm not going to hold anything back during preseason." ....I think everyone got the impression Zorn's offense would be so good the other teams would have to find a way to stop it. Then the first preseason game against the Cults...minus Manning gave us false hope.

I don't think we are as bad as last night ,but ...we definitly have to resolve some issues before the season starts. Also if I remember correctly the Panthers are a good team up until the second half. Usually they start to wear down. They are not a 4 quarter team. Most teams start pounding them early and after half time it shows and teams even the score. In other words when they finally get down to the 53 man roster let that same team play 4 quarters like it did last night. Hopefully we have a better showing next week against another team gunning for the SB the Jaguars.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #17
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Well there was this one from this thread..

Also:
-This won't happen under Bill Cowher next year

-Cerrato needs to be fired and we need a real GM

-If Patrick Ramsey was only given a fair chance we wouldn't be wondering if Campbell can be our QB

-Collins won 4 games in '07 and should be the starter

-Why don't we bring back Lavar Arrington

I didn't see the game, I'll watch the replay on NFL-N at 1pm but I doubt that, as seems to be the prevailing notion on here, that we are destined to be the '07 Dolphins all of a sudden. We got our asses kicked. You know what, it happens. We've gotten our asses kicked before and will again. Just as 3 preseason wins doesn't win us a Lombardi Trophy, a bad preseason loss doesn't lock up the #1 pick. The recall to 2006 is much different, we looked horrible from the first snap of the preseason, not just one game. Other than last night, we've looked pretty decent in all phases the entire summer, the wheels didn't permanently come off the wagon last night.
LOL how could I forget the "we need a GM" stuff.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #18
MTK
\m/

I thought this post was worth pointing out:

EXTREMESKINS.com - View Single Post - MANY failed "Dress Rehearsals" Around the NFL...
Old 08-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #19
redskinjim
Special Teams

collins took us to the playoffs.cambell getting hurt was the only way we would have won 4 straight.(we probably lose that game to the bears)We cant wait till we till we are in the hole before zorn makes the switch.Face it cambell is not getting better.when he holds the ball forever instead of throwing it in the stands. It just shows that his lack of vision and poor accuracy. also he is not mobile.What the heck he has a stronger arm and hes younger than collins. we will never win with him!!!
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #20
squrrelco3
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I know some people feel better after they sleep it off -- but there is absolutely NOTHING positive you can say about any part of that game last night.

Frost looked good............LOL.
No that's not good because that means we might actually keep him and see him shanking punts all over the place again this year...lol
Old 08-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #21
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinjim View Post
collins took us to the playoffs.cambell getting hurt was the only way we would have won 4 straight.(we probably lose that game to the bears)We cant wait till we till we are in the hole before zorn makes the switch.Face it cambell is not getting better.when he holds the ball forever instead of throwing it in the stands. It just shows that his lack of vision and poor accuracy. also he is not mobile.What the heck he has a stronger arm and hes younger than collins. we will never win with him!!!
Right on time! lol!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #22
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by squrrelco3 View Post
No that's not good because that means we might actually keep him and see him shanking punts all over the place again this year...lol
I'm with you...but .....I was trying to find the only bright spot even it it's not were we wanted it to be.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:10 PM   #23
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

It was obvious that the panthers took this game more seriosly than the skins. Steve Smith was all over the place, making efforts that i didn't see the skins WRs make. C. Portis def didnt run as hard as the panthers Rbs. Jansen looked really bad, and of course C. Samuels got man handled by a speed rusher, its his MO now.

I really think that after J. Taylor went down, all the other starter just went into self protection mode. Just don't get hurt, this game is basically just a practice.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #24
theJBexperience
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Brave View Post
Also, I kept wanting to see some player leadership (on the field and sidelines) and I wanted to see some coaches in some players faces (not looking at overhead photos). Which coach is our fire breather?
That was something I noted last night too. There was a lot of head hanging on the sideline, and not enough motivation. I saw guys individually walk over to Campbell a few times and talk and then walk away. I really hope they're not getting frustrated with him.
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #25
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Hey the sun did rise, i get to watch this game again now on NFL Network.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:26 PM   #26
squrrelco3
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJBexperience View Post
That was something I noted last night too. There was a lot of head hanging on the sideline, and not enough motivation. I saw guys individually walk over to Campbell a few times and talk and then walk away. I really hope they're not getting frustrated with him.
Well, they didn't show it on TV but supposedly Jim Zorn's head nearly exploded after that third sack on Campbell and he gave Bugel and earful...
Old 08-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #27
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Let's see how they respond over the next 2 weeks. I don't need fire and brimstone. I need actual leadership that leads to better play. Different teams and coaches have different styles. Zorn's persona, and especially with the public, is even-keeled. Let's see how that translates to improved play on the field.

Look, if a fiery team gets smacked, everyone says "they should shut up and play ball." If a quieter team loses, everyone says "where's the fire?"

The trick is to play better and win. That's all that matters. There is no single way to lead or to get fired up.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #28
squrrelco3
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Let's see how they respond over the next 2 weeks. I don't need fire and brimstone. I need actual leadership that leads to better play. Different teams and coaches have different styles. Zorn's persona, and especially with the public, is even-keeled. Let's see how that translates to improved play on the field.

Look, if a fiery team gets smacked, everyone says "they should shut up and play ball." If a quieter team loses, everyone says "where's the fire?"

The trick is to play better and win. That's all that matters. There is no single way to lead or to get fired up.
Agreed, one thing I did like to see though was Zorn's brutal honesty during the post game presser, none of this "well, this team fought their guts out" stuff we used to hear (sorry Joe Gibbs, I love you but it was getting thin)...he was straight up, the team played like crap, it was beaten down to the last man, and it needs to get better...
Old 08-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #29
DirtyLandry
Special Teams

To those of you who want Todd Collins to be our starter....FORGET IT! It's not going to happen. He's 38 and has never been a starter in this league! When Campbell went down last year It was obvious Gibbs relenquished his ultra-conservative play calling to Saunders. We were a much more aggressive offense just based on the play calling alone. Did Collins know the system better than Campbell? Sure, but it's a new era and a completely new offense now. Sorry fans, but it will take a while for EVERYONE to grasp. Not just Jason Campbell. Our recievers now will have many option routes based on what the defense shows on any given play. If our wideouts are not on the same page as our quaterback, this offense will not go. If you really want to compare QB's, so far in this preseason Jason Campbell has had MUCH better numbers against guys that will actually be in this league in another week.. Todd has looked just as confused against guys that will be working construction in a week... So stop the "Make Collins our starter" stuff.
DirtyLandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #30
redskinjim
Special Teams

safety karrem moore looked good .Douty is not a starter without landry were average at best. the defense got hung out out to dry they played good early.jason cambell is a blind man.
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote