E-Mail Reveals LaCanfora to be Gibbs Hater

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-13-2008, 05:29 PM   #16
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Re: E-Mail Reveals LaCanfora to be Gibbs Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Yes, 2 dramatic runs, which he coached the team to after periods of losing. Great coaches coach their best in december & january, Gibbs did that his WHOLE career.

Yes, we lost close games, but he built the team into what it is today. You have to take the bad along w/the good. I think he left a team in much better shape than what he inherited.

Totally agree
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-13-2008, 06:00 PM   #17
saden1
MVP

I am sorry but it's completely irresponsible not to ask LaCanfora the answer to question 3 when you get a chance to ask him a question.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #18
That Guy
Living Legend

no offense, but this doesn't really seem like a big deal or totally untrue...
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #19
backrow
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
Let's see the record:

1. HOF Coach, Sainthood and HOF status bestowed after first edition.
2. Total Schmuck - writes total schmuck stuff.

I agree, not a big deal.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #20
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Here's my guess about JLac and the skins in the JG II era:

JLac walked into a pre-existing feud between the skins and Post. JG is not a friend of the press--he sees it as a bunch of spies and liars, pretty much. And the FO has been doing its best to control its media output. So they treat JLac like a cub reporter and have no problem blatantly misleading him, leaving him out of the loop, minimizing his access, etc. Is any of this incorrect? How would you react?

Meanwhile, JLac sets up his blog, which is one of the better sources of up-to-the-minute accurate skins news, IMO. Do y'all read redskins insider? My guess is you disagree with it from time to time, and find some of the coverage anti-skins for your taste, but you generally read it. Because it provides NEWS of the team, even among the opinion stuff. (And opinion is ok, IMO--it's a blog). And he does regular chats on the Post site. And the guy pretty reliably answers his emails and takes the job seriously. Is any of this incorrect?

Whatever. Don't like him, don't read him. I really do wonder why we skins fans have such a complex about the media. It's the friggin MEDIA, people! What do you expect? At what point did you form the nutty opinion that the media is 100% reliable, constrained to write what you agree with, inhumanely non-partial, etc? Newsflash: it's not. And if you think we've got it bad, try reading the dreck in NYC or Philly. Houston is ok, but IT'S BORING, sports-news-wise. I long for some "haters" at times just to shake things up.

(BTW, none of this applies to Sally Jenkins' skins coverage. She's off the radar. I do not read her. As Dorothy Parker once said, "Everything she writes is a lie, even 'and' and 'the'." Guess we all have our hatred. )
Old 08-13-2008, 07:28 PM   #21
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Here's my guess about JLac and the skins in the JG II era:

JLac walked into a pre-existing feud between the skins and Post. JG is not a friend of the press--he sees it as a bunch of spies and liars, pretty much. And the FO has been doing its best to control its media output. So they treat JLac like a cub reporter and have no problem blatantly misleading him, leaving him out of the loop, minimizing his access, etc. Is any of this incorrect? How would you react?

Meanwhile, JLac sets up his blog, which is one of the better sources of up-to-the-minute accurate skins news, IMO. Do y'all read redskins insider? My guess is you disagree with it from time to time, and find some of the coverage anti-skins for your taste, but you generally read it. Because it provides NEWS of the team, even among the opinion stuff. (And opinion is ok, IMO--it's a blog). And he does regular chats on the Post site. And the guy pretty reliably answers his emails and takes the job seriously. Is any of this incorrect?

Whatever. Don't like him, don't read him. I really do wonder why we skins fans have such a complex about the media. It's the friggin MEDIA, people! What do you expect? At what point did you form the nutty opinion that the media is 100% reliable, constrained to write what you agree with, inhumanely non-partial, etc? Newsflash: it's not. And if you think we've got it bad, try reading the dreck in NYC or Philly. Houston is ok, but IT'S BORING, sports-news-wise. I long for some "haters" at times just to shake things up.

(BTW, none of this applies to Sally Jenkins' skins coverage. She's off the radar. I do not read her. As Dorothy Parker once said, "Everything she writes is a lie, even 'and' and 'the'." Guess we all have our hatred. )
Great post.

I check Redskins Insider at least 3 times a day for news. I think it's a great resource for us Skins fans and JLC definitely takes his job seriously. Supposedly, JLC is not compensated, at least directly, for his work on RI.

That said, JLC sometimes appears to let his personal feelings affect his work. He's no Sally Jenkins, but he also tends to view the goings-on at Redskins Park with a lot of skepticism and negativity. Don't get me wrong, I don't want JLC to blow smoke up our asses about how great things are, but I don't want him to be unfairly critical either. He also lays into Snyder a little too much for my taste (and I'm no fan of the Danny).
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #22
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow View Post
Let's see the record:

1. HOF Coach, Sainthood and HOF status bestowed after first edition.
2. Total Schmuck - writes total schmuck stuff.

I agree, not a big deal.
um, gibbs pressers were worthless cause he said absolutely nothing in them, so i don't understand the complex with someone writing that his press conferences were worthless...

no one's forcing you to read JLC anyways.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:02 PM   #23
BlueBlaze
Camp Scrub

I'll bet you the people that has a problem with his comments are Larry Michael fans.

I'll guarantee it.
BlueBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #24
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Great post.

I check Redskins Insider at least 3 times a day for news. I think it's a great resource for us Skins fans and JLC definitely takes his job seriously. Supposedly, JLC is not compensated, at least directly, for his work on RI.

That said, JLC sometimes appears to let his personal feelings affect his work. He's no Sally Jenkins, but he also tends to view the goings-on at Redskins Park with a lot of skepticism and negativity. Don't get me wrong, I don't want JLC to blow smoke up our asses about how great things are, but I don't want him to be unfairly critical either. He also lays into Snyder a little too much for my taste (and I'm no fan of the Danny).
Well put.

Fair enough. My guess is that it will get better from JLac with Zorn at the helm (there seems to be a real bromance brewing between Zorn and the press boys... wonder what will happen when the honeymoon ends?). Plus, JLac is pretty young and this is a pretty intense beat--we skins fans are generally on-top of every little thing at Redskins park, so he's under the microscope. He'll mellow, most likely.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #25
70Chip
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
Fair enough if you don't think it's a big deal but the exchange did take place.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #26
70Chip
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So this is what has been bothering you for the past year?
Yes.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #27
70Chip
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlaze View Post
I'll bet you the people that has a problem with his comments are Larry Michael fans.

I'll guarantee it.
I'll bet you Wade Phillips wears a girdle.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:21 PM   #28
SkinEmAll
Special Teams

JLC is a little whiny schmuck, at times. I agree he works hard, at times. I did read his blog every day when it first started, but as he was getting blown off more and more by the Skins that's when he started his little pissing and moaning on a regular basis, and it was getting unbearable to read. It was like I could actually see him having a full blown melt down temper tantrum as I was reading his words. There's a reason why Gibbs and ALOT of other head coaches and players don't like and or give the media the time of day. I don't expect much from the media, just give me the news, good, bad or indifferent without the crybaby slant.
SkinEmAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #29
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I dunno why ppl are making a big deal out of this given that Coach Gibbs is no longer here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I would say that very few sports journalists are objective in their reporting, their personal feelings will get in the way of what they say or write (look at Bill Simmons over at ESPN who spews boston every time he can).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:14 PM   #30
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
I'll bet you Wade Phillips wears a girdle.
This.

Winnar /thread imo