Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who is the next Redskin to go to the HOF?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Who is the next Redskin to go to the HOF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Not my favorite redskin but I think Chris Samuels will be the next redskin.

Jacoby and Grimm are much more deserving.
Mitchell also deserves to get in.

At one point, I thought Gary Clark deserved it too.
Good point about Samuels....I was thinking which one of the current Redskins would be HOF worthy. I can see Cooley having an HOF career...I must say that sometimes he is overshadowed by the likes of Alge Crumpler (when he was in ATL), Shockey, and Jason Witten.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
redskinsfanatic

the late mr cookesince he brought 3 lombardi trophies to dc.grimm,jacoby,and moseley all deserve to be in the hof.let's not forget joe bugel.does gary clark have a chance?
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

I think it'd probably be Samuels if anyone.. I don't see any of the Hogs getting in, which is pretty ridiculous IMO.

Portis will probably have HOF numbers but unless he wins a couple of SB and/or wins a few rushing titles and/or makes 3-4 Pro Bowls he won't make it. When looking at RB of his 'era' the names Tomlinson, Bettis, Alexander and Barber (ugh) will be mentioned before him for the HOF.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
scafuri27
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I think it'd probably be Samuels if anyone.. I don't see any of the Hogs getting in, which is pretty ridiculous IMO.

Portis will probably have HOF numbers but unless he wins a couple of SB and/or wins a few rushing titles and/or makes 3-4 Pro Bowls he won't make it. When looking at RB of his 'era' the names Tomlinson, Bettis, Alexander and Barber (ugh) will be mentioned before him for the HOF.
Tomlinson, Bettis, and Barber, are in a different class than Alexander. Looking back ALexander will have Terrell Davis type numbers without the rings, and Davis probably will not make it in. Bettis and Curtis Martin might already be in around the time Portis retires. That leaves Portis on the on the bottom looking up at LT and possibly Tiki Barber. Not impossible for him to have a legitimate chance although it may take a few years. Running Back by commitee will drop some of the All-time numbers of future Rb's and the shelf life gets shorter and shorter. Rings would be essential and I agree that a Rushing title would help, but hes had the 200 yd games, the 5 td games, the highlight reel blocking in the backfield and he is for the most part media savvy all solid credentials to help him get in.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
Redskin Rich
The Starter

I would like to see one of the following:

Hanburger
Fischer
Grimm
Old 08-05-2008, 11:20 PM   #6
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Maybe Casey Husband is a member of the warpath?

Who's Next For the Hall of Fame?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Maybe Casey Husband is a member of the warpath?

Who's Next For the Hall of Fame?
He calls me alot and asks what he should write about. He's like what up MK and I'm like nuthin C-Huz. Then I'm like c'mon dude I don't have time for this crap, just read the damn forums and pick a topic, they're all great. He's so silly.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #8
Schneed10
A Dude

I don't think Samuels has any chance. His entire career he's always been outshined by at least one other tackle within the NFC each season. Samuels has never started the Pro Bowl. Between Seattle's Walter Jones and St. Louis's Orlando Pace, it's hard to say Samuels has ever been the best LT in the conference at any time.

Jonathan Ogden, Jones, and Pace all deserve it before Samuels does. I can't see it happening for him - they just don't vote that many linemen in.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #9
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Gary Clark.

He has more receptions, yardage, and touchdowns than Lynn Swann and John Stallworth who were both recently voted in.

Not only that, Peter King, the man who for years denied the vote for Art Monk until he came to his senses, always said that as a beat reporter for the NY Giants, their biggest concern was Gary Clark.

Clark also has more receptions than Hall of Famers Don Maynard, Raymond Berry, and Fred Biletnikoff. And has more yardage than Lance Alworth, Paul Warfield, and Raymond Berry.

Gary Clark deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:06 AM   #10
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Gary Clark.

He has more receptions, yardage, and touchdowns than Lynn Swann and John Stallworth who were both recently voted in.

Not only that, Peter King, the man who for years denied the vote for Art Monk until he came to his senses, always said that as a beat reporter for the NY Giants, their biggest concern was Gary Clark.

Clark also has more receptions than Hall of Famers Don Maynard, Raymond Berry, and Fred Biletnikoff. And has more yardage than Lance Alworth, Paul Warfield, and Raymond Berry.

Gary Clark deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.
He probably deserves consideration. Funny how his name isn't at least mentioned more often. It's going to be awfully tough for him though.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:53 AM   #11
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I don't think Samuels has any chance. His entire career he's always been outshined by at least one other tackle within the NFC each season. Samuels has never started the Pro Bowl. Between Seattle's Walter Jones and St. Louis's Orlando Pace, it's hard to say Samuels has ever been the best LT in the conference at any time.

Jonathan Ogden, Jones, and Pace all deserve it before Samuels does. I can't see it happening for him - they just don't vote that many linemen in.
I agree with most of what you say but he has a chance because 10 years from now when it's time for HOF consideration, The voters are going to see 8+ straight probowls and remember the hype.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

No chance?

Can't say I agree with that. A few more Pro Bowl's and he's pushing double digit appearances, that's impressive. I'm not saying he's a lock but I would imagine he will garner some consideration at some point down the road if his career keeps progressing the way it is. A SB win would definitely go a long way for him obviously.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #13
vallin21
The Starter

One of the hogs. Either Jacoby or Grimm. I doubt they will let both get in but just one would great
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #14
tatrave
Special Teams

sean taylor....rip
tatrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #15
DIRTEE
Special Teams

The Hogs as a group.
DIRTEE is offline   Reply With Quote