I'm in Jersey heaven....

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #16
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: I'm in Jersey heaven....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagams View Post
I would love to "take orders", but I think that can come with black market laws. We just had a breifing on all that stuff yesterday, so I don't think that will be happening anytime soon. But, I'm glad you guys fell like I do on the subject, and as soon as I get my computer and camera out of shipping, then I'll post come pics and I'll let you guys critique them.
is that if you make profit, or just on the importation?

that sucks, but i understand :/

when you're about to leave for a conus assignment or vacation though, stock up .
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #17
hagams
Impact Rookie

I plan on getting enough jersey's, and have them framed. Once I have enough, I think I will be able to cover at least one wall in the "Man Room".
Old 07-04-2008, 03:24 AM   #18
WildHog21
Camp Scrub

I know how you are feeling. I was in Korea for a year in 1994-1995 and I remember asking myself should I buy knowing that they weren't the real deal or just ignore. I went with the buying cuz if it lasted good and if it didn't we knew they were fake so it didn't bother us.
WildHog21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #19
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHog21 View Post
I know how you are feeling. I was in Korea for a year in 1994-1995 and I remember asking myself should I buy knowing that they weren't the real deal or just ignore. I went with the buying cuz if it lasted good and if it didn't we knew they were fake so it didn't bother us.
Like I said, you should consider the ethical question of the sort of labor practices you are supporting with your dollars. I'm not sure what Reebok's employment practices are or what sort of conditions their workers operate under in South Korea, El Salvador, and the other areas where they get their jersey shells (I think Reebok subcontracts that work and they have a warehouse in Indianapolis where they do much of the final customization on manufactured jerseys, with other companies doing after-market customizations for NFL.com, Dicks, etc. - Stahl's and Exclusive Pro Sports primarily, with gamers produced in total in Berlin, Wisconsin). Unfortunately, in our consumer culture the product is too often decoupled from the labor (i.e. human production) necessary to create it so we (myself included) only think about getting a "good" price rather than the social implications of those dollars.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #20
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Here are some articles I found while trying to find some info myself:

Three sentenced in counterfeit jersey online scheme - Washington Business Journal:
(sounds kind of like American Gangster with counterfeit jerseys)

The Columbus Dispatch : In the land of counterfeit
(even more serious implications than I indicated above. If you don't care about Chinese workers, then maybe think about the American employees who lose out at Reebok's plant in Indiana or the tax dollars that don't go into the U.S. Treasury. Plus the other implications about who actually gets the money at the end of the line.)
Old 07-04-2008, 07:33 PM   #21
hagams
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Skins Fan View Post
Here are some articles I found while trying to find some info myself:

Three sentenced in counterfeit jersey online scheme - Washington Business Journal:
(sounds kind of like American Gangster with counterfeit jerseys)

The Columbus Dispatch : In the land of counterfeit
(even more serious implications than I indicated above. If you don't care about Chinese workers, then maybe think about the American employees who lose out at Reebok's plant in Indiana or the tax dollars that don't go into the U.S. Treasury. Plus the other implications about who actually gets the money at the end of the line.)

I'm not going to touch on the ethical issues, all I did was buy some jersey's. As for taxex, if I would have bought them at the local Military exchange, taxes wouldn't have been paid either.

The above two links are exactly why I said I couldn't/wouldn't take orders for you guys.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:54 AM   #22
hagams
Impact Rookie

Here's the pics. Like I said above, this is the first time posting pics, so I hope it works.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #23
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Re: I'm in Jersey heaven....***Updated With Pics***

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagams View Post
I have been stationed in Japan for a total of 6 days now, and I've just found the hidden source of my happiness since arriving here. You've seen the jersey's on e-bay that make you ask yourself if this could be true , well I think I found the "motherload". Today I went over the jersey's trying to spot as many flaws as possible, and after becoming pretty comfortable with it, I bought a Green, and Monk stiched jersey. For 30 bucks each. They have the throwback tags and all.
Would you feel like your cheating them out of money? Or would you continue to buy..... I'm on the fence on this one.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/100_0767.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/100_0768.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/100_0770.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/100_0771.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/100_0772.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/100_0773.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/100_0774.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/100_0775.jpg

****First time doing this, so I hope it works***
Kind of looks like the 10th circle of jersey hell to me.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #24
Redskin Rich
The Starter

Definately don't think they are "frame" worthy. Something you don't mind spilling beer on though.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #25
Warpath
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Rich View Post
Definately don't think they are "frame" worthy. Something you don't mind spilling beer on though.
I agree I've seen these jerseys worn by people at games, etc and I certainly wouldnt wear them if they were given to me. That being said the great Matty once said that all that matters when buying a jersey is if you like it. So if thats what you like go for it, but for me no thanks. I appreciate the replica and authentic jerseys that I have to pay the $75 for. These are bad fakes IMO just look at the sleeves (arm bands). Good luck.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #26
Manusky91
Special Teams

I saw a bunch of people wearing them at the preseason game last night. They look terrible. When has the team ever had their emblem on the shoulder? If you're going to be a fan of a team, don't disgrace them by buying a piece of garbage that doesn't even look like the actual team jersey. I know official team merchandise is more expensive, but I don't mind giving a donation to the team once in a while.
Manusky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:30 AM   #27
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manusky91 View Post
I saw a bunch of people wearing them at the preseason game last night. They look terrible. When has the team ever had their emblem on the shoulder? If you're going to be a fan of a team, don't disgrace them by buying a piece of garbage that doesn't even look like the actual team jersey. I know official team merchandise is more expensive, but I don't mind giving a donation to the team once in a while.
Why? I cant show my team spirt if I don't shell out 75 bucks for something "official"? Forgive me for saying this but thats DUMB! Dan Snyder is a rich man because of attitudes like that.

BTW, I wont wear that shit either but if somebody else does, thats their deal!
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:08 AM   #28
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod View Post
Why? I cant show my team spirt if I don't shell out 75 bucks for something "official"? Forgive me for saying this but thats DUMB! Dan Snyder is a rich man because of attitudes like that.

i totally agree. if those jerseys look " cool" for him, whats the big deal? and good morning gigitty
Old 08-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #29
Manusky91
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod View Post

I like your fine print.

If someone can't afford the 75 bucks then buy a t-shirt. If they can't afford a t-shirt then how did they get into the game?

Buying one of those jerseys is like buying Adidas with four stripes from K-Mart.
Manusky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #30
dmek25
MVP

who are you to tell someone what they can, and cannot like? or what they can afford? get off your high horse