Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

WT: The Five Games The Redskins Should Win

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #16
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: WT: The Five Games The Redskins Should Win

I don't think we should decide which games we will win for sure because we don't know what those teams are capable of this year.. I know, we could decide based on their players and history but last few years in NFL, the history has shown us that anything is possible.. Those winnable games are not relevant.. All Redskins need to do is show up on the field and play their hearts out, that's only way we can win..

Take last year as an example, we almost lost to Arizona Cardinals, New York Jets, and there were like 5 or 6 games that we should have won including the first game against NYG and yet we lost..

Also I have noticed that when I start to guess or have some kind of expectation for Redskins to win the game - and then they lose instead, I get down really easy.. I'm sure other people feel same way.. So what I'm trying to say is it is pointless to assume which games we will win for sure and safe to assume that EVERY game will be a battle..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #17
backrow
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I don't think we should decide which games we will win for sure because we don't know what those teams are capable of this year.. I know, we could decide based on their players and history but last few years in NFL, the history has shown us that anything is possible.. Those winnable games are not relevant.. All Redskins need to do is show up on the field and play their hearts out, that's only way we can win..

Take last year as an example, we almost lost to Arizona Cardinals, New York Jets, and there were like 5 or 6 games that we should have won including the first game against NYG and yet we lost..

Also I have noticed that when I start to guess or have some kind of expectation for Redskins to win the game - and then they lose instead, I get down really easy.. I'm sure other people feel same way.. So what I'm trying to say is it is pointless to assume which games we will win for sure and safe to assume that EVERY game will be a battle..

What I hated was losing the four games I had on the DVR! New neighbor with a remote war until Dish told us what to do, by then, too late! What a way to lose games!

The Cards was one of the two I went to at Fedex, and I really wanted to enjoy that ending again and again!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:12 PM   #18
steveo395
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
1. The Saints were not a bad team 2yrs ago. Maybe last yr was an off yr and they get their "itshay" together.

2. Cardinals were not to bad last yr. This being the second yr in their new scheme and maybe they do better. Might be a problem for us. but they are the Cardinals.

3. If there is anyone left on the Rams that remember Al's system them we may struggle. The Rams did their best when he was running the offense. Remember the greatest show on turf?

4. Last yr the Lions were on a winning streak until they met the Skins. They looked unstoppable. Maybe they work out their kinks and get their "itshay" together also.

5. You left out the fact that it would be nice to see CJ as a Skin and totally embarrassing his old team. LOL.

The Saints had one good year if anything that was the fluke. Yeah they made it to the nfc championship but the nfc sucked that year and they only went 10-6. Oh and Reggie Bush doesnt know how to play the running back position in the nfl... he sucks.

The Cardinals we'll never be good untill someone steps up at qb and they get their running game goin oh and their defense too. basically.... the whole team.

Rams will be good offensively but I dont see the D getting much better. They will be a challenge no doubt unless our offense finally steps up like our defense has.

The Lions are the Lions

Actually it won't be nice to see CJ in a skins uniform. We don't need people like that on this team we already have enough egos on the team. The Redskins are a classy team my friend. Let the Cowboys pick em up or the eagles so he can get mad at mcnabb

No reason why we should not lose to any of these teams. We must take a step up next season. Or really Jason Campbell needs to step up.

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:41 AM   #19
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I think of all the years to not make predictions this would be one. I would like to think that the Redskins could win these games, but it will all depend on the tone of the offense during the first game. For the past four years, our offense has struggled mightly, with the defense there to bail them out. Unless our offense steps up, we could be seeing the same results from previous years.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:38 AM   #20
prinzeofmoval
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I agree those are 5 very winnable games on paper. But you never really know. A few of these teams could very easily be better than expected.
every year theres five winnable games the only question is can we keep an eleven point lead in the fourth?