Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-09-2007, 10:43 AM   #16
djdunick
Special Teams

Re: Redskins Stadium music

FirstDown,

Quote:
lame fans who get mad if you stand up
Yeah during the Giants game someone said something to me I turned around and told him to stay at home and watch from his couch.
djdunick is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #17
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I know you are joking but after having season tickets for 20+ years I am starting to think staying home is a better option. Its a disaster getting in and out of the stadium, the fans are either jerks or dont seem to know there's a game going on, and as this thread says the music and other in game "entertainment" is terrible.

With the quality of HD tv and the no-hassle factor it keeps getting better and better to stay home and invite a bunch of friends over to watch the game.
I don't blame you.

I've never been to FedEx and honestly I don't care if I ever go.

Football is the ultimate TV sport and I'd really rather not deal with the traffic, high prices, and the hassle of going to a game.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:53 AM   #18
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Soulja Boy is an extremely popular song. I find it very hard to believe FedEx is the only stadium playing it
Old 10-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #19
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdunick View Post
GibbsisGod,

Not a chance. Being a DJ myself when I'm watching other games on TV I have a keen ear as to what is being played at other stadiums and nothing sounds like the garbage they play at Fedex. It's all fun upbeat party music to get people riled up not stuff like that Soulja Boy crap. You look around at people in the stands and they're like 'What the f#@#$ is this?'. It takes a crowd out of the game.
What they probably don't show you on TV is the players on the field going nuts everytime that song comes on. When they're pumped up everyone in the stands gets pumped up.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #20
BrudLee
Playmaker

90% of the music played at stadiums is heard at every stadium. It would not surprise me if the NFL (or other leagues) put out a list of "Approved Crowd Music". In fact, I seem to recall the NFL putting the kibosh on "Who Let The Dogs Out?" at Falcons games for some reason or another...

Poor Baha Men. Can't catch a break...
Old 10-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #21
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So last week it's the "artificial" crowd noise, this week it's the stadium music. Next home game it'll be...?
Funny you should mention this...
I sat in the upper endzone for the first time ever this week and it was probably the first game that I can remember NOT hearing what sounded like crowd noise coming from the speakers.
I usually sit in section 429, which is at about the 40 yard line, visitors side and there are speakers right behind us. I could be wrong, it could just be the noise bouncing off the metal speakers or the lights or something, but it sounds like crowd noise is coming out of them.
However, this past week there was nothing behind me except for about 3 more rows and then the clear blue sky and I didn't hear anything. Then again, I could barely hear the stadium announcer throughout the game so maybe I was just a bit too far removed.

So all this leads me to believe that many of the people who are convinced that they NEVER pump noise into the stadium because they've never heard it themselves may have just been sitting in an area where they either can't hear the PA that well OR that they are far enough away from the speakers that some of the noise starts to blend in with the crowd (because 92,000 fans are obviously going to make a lot of noise).
Old 10-09-2007, 11:07 AM   #22
djdunick
Special Teams

ArtmonkDrillz,

Quote:
When they're pumped up everyone in the stands gets pumped up.
Dead wrong, most of the people have a look of disgust when that stuff comes on.

I had a friend with me on Sunday who has season tickets to the Ravens and he was compaining too. Listen in the background when you're watching other games. You won't hear this garbage anywhere else.

There's a lot of very popular current music that could fire up a crowd but they stuff they chose is pathetic.
djdunick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:15 AM   #23
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdunick View Post
ArtmonkDrillz,

Dead wrong, most of the people have a look of disgust when that stuff comes on.

I had a friend with me on Sunday who has season tickets to the Ravens and he was compaining too. Listen in the background when you're watching other games. You won't hear this garbage anywhere else.

There's a lot of very popular current music that could fire up a crowd but they stuff they chose is pathetic.
You're right, screw the players and what they want to hear to get them pumped up! We pay their f'ing salaries by buying tickets so we should get to hear Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, and Fergie since they are the most popular songs right now!
I am dead wrong for thinking that the #1 song in the country right now might be popular at games.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #24
Soup's Uncle
Special Teams

They need to play something like Old School Metallica to get the crowd pumped.
Soup's Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:49 AM   #25
Summo
The Bringer of Digital Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I don't blame you.

I've never been to FedEx and honestly I don't care if I ever go.

Football is the ultimate TV sport and I'd really rather not deal with the traffic, high prices, and the hassle of going to a game.
I've been there twice and while it's cool to go to a game it is a major pain in the ass getting to and from that stadium. Last year I was at the Titan game. I was dropped off at the stadium and the closest we could get was like two miles away and it was an up hill walk to the stadium. On the way back we took the subway, which was on the other end of the stadium, also about a two-mile walk UP HILL!! It was a 1 o'clock game and we got back to the hotel about 8:00 that night. It will be a long time before I do that shit again.
Summo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #26
firstdown
Living Legend

I do not go to football games for the music.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:03 PM   #27
BrudLee
Playmaker

I think there is a balance to be struck. Personally, I'd love to hear NFL Films music throughout the game... if we are winning. The last thing you want is something to ratchet up the drama when you're down 17.

It's also possible that the team plays certain songs in certain situations in order to illicit certain responses. "Oh, it's Soulja Boy - must be third down on defense..."
Old 10-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #28
BrudLee
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I do not go to football games for the music.
Seriously.

I can watch the game at home, and listen to whatever music I want. I only go to FedEx because my wife won't charge me $8.00 for beers.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:30 PM   #29
firstdown
Living Legend

It could be because they pay a flat fee to have the rights to play certain songs in the stadium. They cannot just play any song without paying to do so and maybe the NFL has a deal or the skins have a deal where they pay to have a certain package of songs they can play. If they do not pay for the rights to play the song its like downloading music which we hear so much about these days.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #30
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summo View Post
I've been there twice and while it's cool to go to a game it is a major pain in the ass getting to and from that stadium. Last year I was at the Titan game. I was dropped off at the stadium and the closest we could get was like two miles away and it was an up hill walk to the stadium. On the way back we took the subway, which was on the other end of the stadium, also about a two-mile walk UP HILL!! It was a 1 o'clock game and we got back to the hotel about 8:00 that night. It will be a long time before I do that shit again.
I've honestly never had a bad experience at Fed-Ex. I've been to probably half a dozen games or so, and have enjoyed myself every time. Yeah, It's hard to get to... but it's a freaking football game with 90,000 people attending. Leave for the game early, and you're straight.

I also try to anticipate the end of the game. Sometimes you can duck out right at the last play, haul ass, and get out ahead of the wave of madness.

I've been to both RFK and Fed-Ex, and have never been disappointed at either stadium. If you use a combination of common sense, and a little patience, you'll have a blast.