Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins vs. Dolphins predictions

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #16
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Re: Redskins vs. Dolphins predictions

Skins 9, 'Phins 6
Defensive battle from the get-go. Neither offense gets going, and it comes down to which kicker can stay accurate.

Spread is 3 points towards the Skins right now. Over/Under around 35. Take the Skins and the Under.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #17
irish
Playmaker

Skins 10
Phins 7

The skins only TD comes from the D.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #18
hypocritex
Camp Scrub

It's pretty obvious it will be a defensive game. Neither offense has gelled yet. I think it comes down to who has the better Defense. And that is MIAMI. I don't like predicting scores or games really. But I predict that Miami wins 24-10
hypocritex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:43 PM   #19
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
With the struggles the Dolphins have been facing this season(new coach, quarterback controversy, etc.) it shouldn't even be close. I'm saying 31 - 10 Redskins.

Then again, I was thinking the same thing before the opener last season...
My sentiments exactly. I really dont see why this should even be a contest...but like he said, I thought we'd ROMP Minnesota last and look what happened...I'm not going to make any bold predictions until I see this team play on Sunday...but I'm going in with a awful lot of confidence.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #20
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocritex View Post
It's pretty obvious it will be a defensive game. Neither offense has gelled yet. I think it comes down to who has the better Defense. And that is MIAMI. I don't like predicting scores or games really. But I predict that Miami wins 24-10
See I can listen to the argument that Miami has a better defense than us right now...but everyone here says its going to come down to the better defense and I disagree compeltley. The Redskins and Dolphins arent playing the same offense...I think the skins offense, while average at this point is ALOT better than Miami's...litterally every player at every position (maybe save Quarterback due to JC's inexperiance) I think its advantage Washington, and I think our defense against their offense is going to be a asskicking...while our offense against their defense is going to be a really tough contest.... but thats just me. We still really have no way of knowing until Sunday
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:48 PM   #21
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Well, ours hasn't gelled for obvious reasons: we haven't lined all of our starters up yet. Your team, however, has question marks across the board.

*How will Green respond after a few good licks, because you know it's coming.

*Cameron has yet to name his staring running back. Although it will probably be Ronnie Brown.

*Outside of Chris Chambers, who's your downfield threat?

*No TE to speak of.

*Your defense is okay, but nothing special. And I don't mean that as an insult, I just don't see them holding us down.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #22
70Chip
Playmaker

Quote:
You have the Dolphins scoring 24 in a defensive game? That leads me to think that you don't really know what good defense is.

I'll say it again. The team that protects the ball and doesn't commit penalties will win the game. Cam Cameron is a strong offensive mind, but like his mentor Norv Turner, he is a little indiscriminate in his play calling. Brilliant at times, he has the bad habit of disregarding field position and game management in his zeal to attack some perceived weakness in the opposing defense. Al Saunders has the same tendency which is why Gibbs took back a good portion of the gameplanning duties last year.

I think the Skins will run the ball 35 times, get first downs with Cooley and Sellers take a few deep shots to Moss and Lloyd. Throw in the home field advantage and it adds up to a Redskins victory.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #23
RMSkins
The Starter

Redskins 20 Dolphins 13
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #24
hypocritex
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
See I can listen to the argument that Miami has a better defense than us right now...but everyone here says its going to come down to the better defense and I disagree compeltley. The Redskins and Dolphins arent playing the same offense...I think the skins offense, while average at this point is ALOT better than Miami's, and I think our defense against their offense is going to be a asskicking...while our offense against their defense is going to be a really tough contest.... but thats just me. We still really have no way of knowing until Sunday

Thats a fair asessment. But, consider this. Us Dolphin fans really have NO clue where our offense stands. Its obviously new and fresh. It's obviously run by perhaps the best Offensive Mind in the league. There are alot of new players. Alot of new faces and inexperience. But at the same time. It is all new to Joe Gibbs to. Your team will be the guinea pig to our supposed revamped offense. So it isn't fair to say that our offense isnt that good. That is really only a guess. And not even an educated one. The Redskins and Dolphin fans will find out what the Dolphins offense is all about on Sunday. Because to be totally honest.. We really have no idea.. And neither does Joe Gibbs.. And that has to be a little scary.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #25
hypocritex
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
You have the Dolphins scoring 24 in a defensive game? That leads me to think that you don't really know what good defense is.

So what.. The Defense can't score TD's? Or special teams?
Old 09-04-2007, 01:06 PM   #26
freddyg12
Playmaker

I agree w/the rationale that it will be a defensive game, that's why I'm looking for the unexpected & a few more pts. on the board.

I think Miami's D may be due for a letdown. J. Taylor peaked last year. Thomas is getting a tad old & Porter is a bit of a wild card in how he will play & the team will react to him.

I'm not saying they will be poor, but not at their #4 rank of a year ago. ON the other hand, I see our D imrpoving but far from dominant. This game will have a few more big plays than we are anticipating:

Skins 31
Dolphins 20
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:16 PM   #27
RMSkins
The Starter

Quote:
Thats a fair asessment. But, consider this. Us Dolphin fans really have NO clue where our offense stands. Its obviously new and fresh. It's obviously run by perhaps the best Offensive Mind in the league. There are alot of new players. Alot of new faces and inexperience. But at the same time. It is all new to Joe Gibbs to. Your team will be the guinea pig to our supposed revamped offense. So it isn't fair to say that our offense isnt that good. That is really only a guess. And not even an educated one. The Redskins and Dolphin fans will find out what the Dolphins offense is all about on Sunday. Because to be totally honest.. We really have no idea.. And neither does Joe Gibbs.. And that has to be a little scary.
How do you expect your offense to be good with that terrible O-line you guys have? Chris Liwenski is a scrub that could only start 6 games for the Cardinals terrible line last year, Samson Satele is a rookie, Vernon Carey is decent but he struggles as a pass blocker, L.J. Shelton is best suited as a backup not a starter, and Rex Hadnot is adequate at best and I heard he really struggled during preseason. Your TE's David Martin, and Justin Peele do not scare me one bit. Trent Green is washed up, you guys would probably be better off starting Cleo Lemon at QB. Chris Chambers is your only decent WR, Marty Booker drops a lot of passes and he is extremely inconsistent, and who knows how Ted Ginn will do. The strength of your offense is definitely at RB with Ronnie Brown, Jesse Chatman, and Lorenzo Booker, but it's going to be hard for them to do anything because your o-line is not very good. So there is an educated guess on why your Offense is not going to be very good.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:18 PM   #28
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

I'm not sure where you live Hypo, but I have yet to hear of a single "Dolphin biased" radio show anywhere in S. Florida who has any confidence in the Fins ability to score points with so many new, uncertain, and suspect components in the mix.
Pipe dream..............
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #29
Big Dave
Camp Scrub

Redskins 20
Dolphins 13

My fins have some big question marks along that offensive line. I think the Foreskins are playing us at the right time and at the right place (away from the Miami heat). I figure the Redskins defense will get a nice touchdown pass going their way from Frerotte ... Culpepper ... Harrington ... Green (I can't keep up with the revolving door of quarterbacks in Miami).

Campbell will have some real problems with the Miami front 7, but if the hogs give him the time, he'll hit some passes downfield to Moss.

My dad is excited about this one because it is the only game he'll get to watch at home. The rest of them he'll have to come to my house to see it on the NFL Ticket.

Good luck ... but not too much

Go Fins!!
Old 09-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #30
GusFrerotte

Skins 31 Dolphins 10. This will be the easiest game on the schedule after the deuce with the Gmen. In preseason, our first string O was nice and fluid, and the Dolphins D is not top 10 in my opinion. Our first D is better than the Dolphins D and will shut down the struggling Miami O. If this game is close like most of the above posters predict it is going to be a mediocre season. Skins should win by at least 14 points if they are that improved over last season. Dolphins are weak.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote